Thread: Enforcer Changes

Enforcer Changes

There should be a fine line between PvP setups and PvM setups. In my hardcore PvM setup I dont have a single problem doing PvM content. In a PvP setup I see enforcers struggle where I excel, but its minimal and they work around it easily (like not spamming nanos, OSB, hardcore cpu upgrade etc). There should be that struggle and it should be more announced when in different setups, there really isn't these days. Because there isn't, people aren't really different other than their goals and gear.

I have -40% cost with city, 384 nano pool, 7.8k nano on my trox enforcer and I am not wearing a CPU upgrade, I also use a nano delta imp (duh) so I have 139 tick. I dont run out of nano unless drained by a mob or player. I would guess most enforcers these days have about 10-20% cost and not a whole lot of nano delta but still can maintain their nano.

Mongo will cost me 888 nano to cast, while the team layers will be 801 nano. I will run out of nano eventually but not super fast like those not in my setup. I dont see a problem with the mongo cost because it seems that the idea of spamming mongo to always hold agg is being done away with in favor of using single taunts. I see mongo working as a means to get multiple mob aggro, but single taunts doing most of the taunt on the mob being attacked which is probably why the single taunt nano cost is low.

However, as voiced by others who are concerned about the cost, enforcers have no support in regards to keeping up with constantly casting. Also, judging by the changes to enforcers, it seems they are going to be given a boost in DD and provide some damage mitigation to the team by spamming layers.

If the goal for enforcers is to get them in to teams, regardless of their being another tank, then their role in support is minimal and pointless if they cant keep up with the amount of casting they will need to do. I dont see a soldier having to recast their reflects constantly and I certainly shouldn't see an enforcer having to recast their absorbs.

With that in mind, layers cast and recharge time have changed, making them more easily executable, which is nice by itself. However, it has a 15 second cool down. What would be better is that the proposed layer changes work instead like a soldiers reflect auras but automatically refresh the absorb every 15 seconds. So pretty much, enforcers get an absorb aura.

But back to the point of getting enforcers in to the team when there already is one/a tank. The point of having to cast the layer was to get another enforcer in team whose duty was solely to do that, my idea destroys that and for good reason. We have not received any other information in regards to possibly new items, new LE procs or whatever that will help the enforcer be able to support having to constantly cast. Simply put, Enforcers while being a minor casting profession currently, do not have enough support to be constant casters. The changes that are outlined do not help with what is fundamentally flawed in teaming.

I read a post by Obtena that suggested a more worthwhile support role for the enforcer and no one jumped on it. He proposed that the enforcer had a nano that when casted on another player made it so that if that player took damage, some of that damage would be mitigated towards the enforcer instead of all of it at that player, basically a buddy system. To build on that, I would figure the nano would last 1 hour, cancel on zoning and only able to be used on one person unless canceled by the person it was casted on.

The new damage proc dot, while good because it is extra damage, reflects poorly on the enforcer's nano skills. The whole nano line is flawed because the damage and % chance is based on how high one certain nano skill is. It doesn't matter if you get the one from nasc garden or pande garden, they are all the same damage wise, the only difference is damage type, that is a problem. The proc dot line should work like the taunt proc line in that the higher the requirement, the higher % chance and (in this case) damage you do. What I mean is, if you meet the requirements to cast it, than you get the benefits of the nano and it isn't based on how much of a certain nano skill you have. I see more trox enforcers than I do any other enforcer and I dont see them obtaining the 1600 MM self buffed to get the benefits of maximum damage with how the nano currently works. Not to mention that is a HUGE IP sink. Breed should not matter when it comes to casting nanos for your profession.

I find the new 10k and 30k team absorb rather stupid and pointless. The durations are far too short for them to be of any use under any circumstance. If I could compare this idea to something I would have to compare it too the trox SB. However, what works with the trox SB is that the duration is 30 seconds allowing for whatever mob or player to unleash its fury allowing you more survival time to do whatever you need to do and for all 15 absorbed hits to be used. If the absorb duration was longer (you know, giving whatever you are fighting the chance to do 10k or 30k worth of damage to you) than this would be a nice nano, but it isn't. In my opinion this idea should be scrapped completely and Obtena's buddy system idea put in its place.

In regards to another nano the taunt on Ice Burn has been taken off which is rather upsetting considering the taunt nerfs on all fronts. The sole reason for an enforcer to do that whole damned quest line was because of the taunt (for those that cared) and not because of the extra shield reflect or the few points of health. The gains from going from Coruscating Screen to Ice Burn was so minimal the whole backbone, in my opinion, to getting Ice Burn was because of the taunt. Now it is going away which I think is a horrible thing for the enforcer tool set. If anything needs to be changed on Ice Burn, the taunt % needs to be upped from 10% to 30% and leave the taunt at 10k. With mongo requiring more nano and agg doing weird things let this be the one thing that isn't touched unless improved.

So, your point is? You don't want to IP nano pool?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

These are great suggestions. They really are.

A second enforcer as basically a permanent dmg mitigator is an awesome idea. Brings to mind having that advy, MA or agent as an second healer for the mitigation tank.

Layer Aura only makes sense. In my opinion, with soldiers getting higher reflects with their current document, enfos should get this as peace offering.

I like the idea of the emergency absorb though. Its duration should be extended to 30s to 1 minute to allow for its use to be viable and only able to be casted on certain lvl players. The recharge should be high though, once every 10 mins or possibly more. It gives enforcers more coons which is our only dmg mitigation on solo pvm and pvp.

It also makes team pvp a huge thing since between enforcer layer auras and soldier reflects auras anyone not in a team will be destroyed. Win Win for players, pvpers and pvmers alike and definite win for funcom since it requires ppl to work together to win.

Just my thoughts
    "Can I have some shoes?"

Quote Originally Posted by fortorn View Post
    A second enforcer as basically a permanent dmg mitigator is an awesome idea. Brings to mind having that advy, MA or agent as an second healer for the mitigation tank.
    Unless the nano was really, really short in duration and nerfed our HP into oblivion when used (like take damage at a 3/1 ratio or something) I'd hate this idea being added to our toolset. I fear we'd see dual logged enforcers on /follow passively taking damage for others. Not an awesome team role :|

Honestly I don't see why people are getting so hung up on second enforcers in teams, it's just one scenario in the total picture of our profession.

in this game you dont need pvm setup for raid enforcer, on my gimp pvp enf (full cc+pvp perks+betas) i have tanked every single pvm raid in this game (Including signal hacker misspull and his beautiful army of billion adds in sector 42).. pvp setup=win
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    I find the new 10k and 30k team absorb rather stupid and pointless. The durations are far too short for them to be of any use under any circumstance.
    gief new boss that has 10*5k dot with 1 sec tick special he would use few times in raid!
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

I think the layer absorbtion aura is a great idea.

In raids which require MUIB between mongo, single taunts and keeping rage up for run speed I very rarely get the chance to use layers as much as I'd like. Having them refresh automatically would enhance their benefits.

I also like the idea of have some damage mitigation. Not sure how it should work though.

Maybe instead you could have a % increase on the layer absorbtion aura for each additional Enforcer in the team? It would equal the same thing, less damage received for having more enforcers.

I don't think people dual logging enforcers to take some damage is too valid. Yeah I agree that this may happen but it's no different from someone say logging a doc to follow them around. Atleast it may be a wanted ability.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    That is exactly what I said. Thank you for agreeing and confirming.
    It's also working as intended, and should stay that way. Having massively different setups is really bad form for a game which has both PVP and PVM content.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    It's also working as intended, and should stay that way. Having massively different setups is really bad form for a game which has both PVP and PVM content.
    i dont agree. different setup for pvm and pve is cool if it would be easy to swap.
    swapping most of twinked armors and spirits and huds for pvm isnt really fun.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

But it's not easy to swap ... takes me wasting 3 perk points to be able to swap my armor at will.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Disagree there should be more setups, not less. Cookie cutter is boring.

So you have an enforcer, CC. Fixer... CC. Crat...CC. Anything else... CC.

So thats the fun of setups huh...
    "Can I have some shoes?"

As I pointed out in another thread, the main problem I see is soldiers being primary tanks while pumping out the damage we do. What reason is there going to be to pick an enf if we can tank as well as them outside of APF and Pande, if enfs don't have some kind of strong secondary role?
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by fortorn View Post
    Disagree there should be more setups, not less. Cookie cutter is boring.

So you have an enforcer, CC. Fixer... CC. Crat...CC. Anything else... CC.

So thats the fun of setups huh...
    FC solved ur setup troubles!

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=276731

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=276695

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=276683

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=276541

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=276719

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=276707