Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 170 soldier twink

are you using ofab backpiece? could ditch that for nanoskills/alien tank armor(which is better then ofab)

never know what they might put on it instead of reflects, but thats probably after you are bored with the soldier

Just forget about any class that isn't nt, trader or advie or possibly agent and enf. The rest are fun novelties but no matter what you do you can't be half as good as those classes are with right click twinked on symbs.

yea i got Ofab back on atm.. and i think im gonna swap him for the ranger ;-/ 3% reflect ist that much anyay ;-/
    Vespersk 220/70/30 Sol
    Runordie 220/50/23 Enf
    Piskotka 220/50/21 Adv
    Vesperagent 170/40/19 Agent
    Arpi 150/30/9 Adv
    Taishasdoc220/70/25 Doc
    Bebop10 170/full/full Sol 300 ofab on
    Hoboblaster 200/full/XX Crat for S7 in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Vesp View Post
    yea i got Ofab back on atm.. and i think im gonna swap him for the ranger ;-/ 3% reflect ist that much anyay ;-/
    60 burst is good. And 3% extra reflect means you take 12% less dmg under tms.

WTB SINEW. One drop in 2 months.. Im a sad soldier
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

My thoughts so far:
    ATM im sitting on NR setup and im must say im kinda disapointed with it. runnin arround in full deffensive with ~1370 Nano resist and for me personaly its just not working ;-/ So far i have resisted like 2 ubts and 1-2 snares in like 30 BSs considering how fast those debuffs are recastable i really think its not worth it. ( btw when i was testing it with lvl 165 Doctor he landed Epsilon Purge 4x of 7 attempts.. u can say it was bad luck.. maybe..or that fkin NR is just crap).

im swapping for full AR/FA setup when i hit AI 24....and u guys should consider it too before goin for NR1... this way u dont have to IP reset when u dun like it.

the HD is nice i must say.. nothing really OP but it helps...alot.

Another thing is weapons on this lvl: i really like all the hotswaps but with FA/AS on same CD. i really dont see how soldier gonna kill sum1 on this lvl. unles hes standing there and /wave on u until u kill him with regulars.
    Vespersk 220/70/30 Sol
    Runordie 220/50/23 Enf
    Piskotka 220/50/21 Adv
    Arpi 150/30/9 Adv
    Taishasdoc220/70/25 Doc

^^ We knew all this a long time ago. I didn't think QL 300 OFAB was going to make or break the TL5 soldier twink ... it doesn't address the gaps that a soldier has. Maybe with rebalance, there is something interesting there to play with.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    ^^ We knew all this a long time ago. I didn't think QL 300 OFAB was going to make or break the TL5 soldier twink ... it doesn't address the gaps that a soldier has. Maybe with rebalance, there is something interesting there to play with.
    The HD is great. Our heals go up by several 100 %. Which is good. We needed that.

@ the other guy with the NR. The kicker is that traders won't land their second drain every time. Instead of 95% landrate on that you get maybe 35%. Which means you can do some damage to them and throw them off balance and that gives you a chance to win.

It's abot choices though. With nr1 you have to sacrifice Improved Automatic Targeting and EOE.

Nr1= better chance vs traders, mp's, nt's and docs.

Full AR setup=better chance vs adv, fix, ma.

I prefer nr1 myself cuz I hate traders and nt's. Alot!

Also don't forget the yatamuchi range extender. Many nt's and traders don't seen to understand that not all soldiers have 30-35m range. Even after you kill them many times from 39m

I am curious, anyone tried a defensive setup at 170?
    Like 300 Ofab Head, Shoulders, chest, gloves and pants, but with CSS sleeves + Footwear.

Might not work, I am just curious if anyone have tried it, and maybe sucseeded?

-Dudi
    Dudidamage, The PvM gimp E : 220/2x (Winning)

Facebashr: you support clan or omni ? ****: meh ****: omni =P Facebashr: that leaves me no choice. You gained 120 PVP Solo Score.

3 pieces of css dont make anything "defensive". Last def setuped sold i saw was Klod in 2007 and we had fair fights when i was on my NT that was wearing ql 200 implants and pred armor at that time.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

with HD feet/legs ( and stamina/agi/HD) in leg u have like no AAD/evades so ....
    Vespersk 220/70/30 Sol
    Runordie 220/50/23 Enf
    Piskotka 220/50/21 Adv
    Arpi 150/30/9 Adv
    Taishasdoc220/70/25 Doc

most soldiers play at full agg at tl5 anyway since cant get enough nr to resist anything

Quote Originally Posted by Manaas View Post
    most soldiers play at full agg at tl5 anyway since cant get enough nr to resist anything
    I always play full def. My 1300 NR is by no means stellar. However it does mean (as opposed to supermax full off soldiers with 800 NR) that traders only land their second drain 30 ish % of the time at the first try. And it means that I resist some roots from fixers and agents. What this does is that it lets you do at least a bit of damage on the trader and perhaps land the damage debuffs. And it may help you get away unrooted sometimes from an agent or so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12