Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Query about first time players - MA

Quote Originally Posted by borriss View Post
    MA is one of those professions where you can't really get a frost schyte or a stygian and do decent damage. And as we progress even higher into the late levels (200+), a player who's chosen an MA as his first profession will not have the economy and probably not the friend-power to get a good equip.. So they are faced with high AC mobs in SL, doing only minimum damage having low crit chance... The fact of the MA profession: we are DD's we don't bring much to the table but DD.. When we barley outdamage the lvl 203 Doctor whos healing and UBTing, how are we supposed to get teams?

I think alot of people who initially start MA will stop playing it and reroll at some point, sooner or later due to very low damage output and very low healing.

I'm especially concerned about SL and minimum damage, because MA min damage is really poor.
    Spot on ! My second and even current(retired) main is MA, and my leveling experience was pretty much the same. Basic gameplay is pretty easy, and it can be recommended to new players due to being decent by only focusing on implants mainly. That teaches you basic principles of this game and leveling for first 130sh levels was fun. Then at 150+ the damage started to fall behind others, and it practically sunked at 200sh, as others here have stated. At ado hecks you can do decently, but at pen/inf mishes, you will suck big time and are practically useless without good setup/twinking. As an MA, you cant heal and you dont have much other stuff to support group except damage.

Levels 200-220 were practically pain, because I was merely a dragged toon in missions, wondering where I could get 1b+ worth of creds to start making my toon even remotely useful. Luckily good org helped me trough it, and got myself a ""decent"" setup too. Then Battlestations were introduced, and I thought "Cool, lets see how pvp works.". And after 300 deaths and like 5 kills I was done. Its even more redicilous than PVM. At endgame, with mediocre(poor) setup, you cant solo any dynas since you cant evade anything, you cant do any damage, and cant heal effectively altough perks help there somewhat. Same points go to PVP side, only there those problems can be multiplied by 10.

What I have been asking for years, as are many other MA:s with PVM(and pvp), is some kind adjustment to the lack of efficiency from late midgame to 220. That doesnt mean "Give all MA:s 1000 new items/buffs/Iwinz-button!!11", but some kind of new scaling of buffs/perks/MA-template to even things out. The difference between fully decked MA and casual leveling MA is H-U-G-E, and that is also one of the problems related to this matter imo, since ppl tend to say "Pffft, I saw this and this MA solo Beast/Towerfield/BS without help, l2p!", and still at the same time casual players suffer even at basic things ingame. One good indication is, that the only subject that is nowadays discussed in MA-forums is S10 twinks. And as someone there cleverly stated;

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    LAWL, maybe some professional can make a stickied thread of all the S10 MA threads that exist. I swear there has to be at least 10 by now. I think MA is clearly the most desired profession in S10 in terms of farming.
    Quote Originally Posted by blingoutyourdead View Post
    Or S10 is clearly the only reason anyone bothers to roll an MA ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    As far as the hardest professions to take down in mass pvp? Martial Artists and Adventurers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    abnormal? explain how that is, cuz most of us can statistically show, how soldiers are one of the poorest pvp professions in terms of both offense and defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I'm curious. Do you Martial Artists actually plan to have a thread about professionals that doesn't end in a flamewar about equipment setups? I think you're about 0/3 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_1 View Post
    Spot on !;
    Thank you, what most here don't realize is that on severely high AC mobs like those in Pen/Inf MA damage is really bad without a good crit setup... As minimum damage is so low it's scary.

But maybe this is an issue for more professions than just MA, as it's a pretty complex game. And say engineers and pet users don't really know that they can get wrangles/Mochies for making the pets.

But as for the frost schyte I mentioned before, MA is encouraged to go Martial Arts so no one will really go for that or stygian... Even so, frost schyte has no crit bonus so our MA like skills and crit buff will be totally worthless. And Stygian sucks once you get to SL. However frost schyte does very well untill 125 where you can get the IS version FBR etc, etc.

But as I stated earlier too, MA damage is ok-ish untill pen and beyond. Depending on gear and equip very much.
    Borris2 - 220/30 Martial Artist

Andarsmann - 100/10 Trader

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

But as I stated earlier too, MA damage is ok-ish untill pen and beyond. Depending on gear and equip very much.
    Well, the same goes for everybody else.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Well, the same goes for everybody else.
    Yeah, but that was kinda the point of this thread if you havent read it; The dmg is pretty much all we can contribute to a team, as many other profs have other ways to improve team performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    As far as the hardest professions to take down in mass pvp? Martial Artists and Adventurers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    abnormal? explain how that is, cuz most of us can statistically show, how soldiers are one of the poorest pvp professions in terms of both offense and defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I'm curious. Do you Martial Artists actually plan to have a thread about professionals that doesn't end in a flamewar about equipment setups? I think you're about 0/3 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_1 View Post
    Yeah, but that was kinda the point of this thread if you havent read it; The dmg is pretty much all we can contribute to a team, as many other profs have other ways to improve team performance.
    Healing (no matter how crappy, but it's there), evades, crit %... There are several profs that have it much worse then MAs at those levels. Shades or keepers, for example, so I think MAs contribute pretty well.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I am leveling an MA atm, around level 100ish, maxed MA, put a lot of IP in brawl and maxed evades. Ql 125 imps and barely anything else. Nanos are kinda crappy too (IP scarciness is hell). Im doing about 400+ normal damage against tigs and 1200 to 1600 crits. With RK mobs and aliens the damage is significantly better but not for a big amount. I would like to see a little bit better min damage for MAs, but I dont think it needs to be a huge increase.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Thank you, what most here don't realize is that on severely high AC mobs like those in Pen/Inf MA damage is really bad without a good crit setup... As minimum damage is so low it's scary.
    Well, now with the Kyr Nunchackos and the SE Kyr 'chucks, min damage for MAs has drastically improved, and availability of weapons has as well; so while still mediocre, damage scales a lot better now.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12