Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full Auto?

Full Auto?

Why don't you put a cast time on Full Auto too? You're hitting the target with 15 bullets instantly ><
    It's only fair
    Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
    And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

Because FA can miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Logic dictates that you don't have to ?!aim (take time to prepare for it?) when you release a burst of bullets.

However, successful melee hit should reduce effectiveness of such attack (hopefully, reworked parry/riposte will deal with this part).
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Logic dictates that ...
    Let's stop there, shall we ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Because FA can miss.
    Well to be fair Aimed Shot will have defensive checks now and its going to have a recharge.
    "Can I have some shoes?"

Quote Originally Posted by fortorn View Post
    Well to be fair Aimed Shot will have defensive checks now and its going to have a recharge.
    Only the instant one that the AS classes (agent) will be getting, regular AS that everyone has ignores evades but has a 3 second interuptable cast time on it.

shooting off a fully auto burst should root the player for like 1-2 seconds... if we are trying to be logical here.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    Only the instant one that the AS classes (agent) will be getting,
    That does the damage of burst.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Logic dictates that you don't have to ?!aim (take time to prepare for it?) when you release a burst of bullets.

However, successful melee hit should reduce effectiveness of such attack (hopefully, reworked parry/riposte will deal with this part).
    If we want to talk logic burst/FA shouldn't even be specials, they should be attack modes

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaloot View Post
    shooting off a fully auto burst should root the player for like 1-2 seconds... if we are trying to be logical here.
    Sure, and u have to sit still for 30 secs to get an AS off.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Aim shot is too powerful as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Sure, and u have to sit still for 30 secs to get an AS off.
    Im just making a point that nothing in this game can be considered like how it is in RL.

And performing an Aimed Shot doesnt take 30 seconds. I think you are confusing Aimed Shot with a Sniper Shot? Agent's got a perk called Snipe Shot... its next to useless because of how long it takes to fire off. Aren't you a Cop or something? Does it take you 30 sec to aim and fire with a counter-sniper rifle at the range?

Aimed Shot shouldn't have to take any time to fire for Agents in the rebalance, only for everyone else who isn't an agent (imho). I don't think that the extra aimed shot attack will make up for that nerf either.
    R.I.P. AO

Yeah. And howabout healing from 20% to full after someone has hacked at your head with an axe for 30 secons. That should take, say anything from 3 weeks to 3 years. If even possible.

I think we are done with the "logic" discussion here.
    Last edited by Noobius76; Dec 16th, 2010 at 10:06:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Yeah. And howabout healing from 20% to full after someone has hacked at your head with an axe for 30 secons. That should take, say anything from 3 weeks to 3 years. If even possible.

I think we are done with the "logic" discussion here.
    learn to read.
    R.I.P. AO

Aren't you a Cop or something? Does it take you 30 sec to aim and fire with a counter-sniper rifle at the range?
    Yes.
    How far am I shooting? 10 meters or 1000 meters? Makes a big difference.
    (I dont do counter sniper duty. Pure dynamic entry.)
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Yes.
    How far am I shooting? 10 meters or 1000 meters? Makes a big difference.
    (I dont do counter sniper duty. Pure dynamic entry.)
    Bullets in AO do go further than 40ish metters anyway After than they stop in mid air and fall on the ground !
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Definitely a lot of non-sense in the forums lately, from people without a clue.

Aimed shot is getting a 3 sec execution timer for ALL.
    AS will be instant when the shooter is concealed from the target successfully, regardless of the profession.
    Agents are getting a new Special called "Snipe Shot" which will do damage similar to burst, and will have a def check similar to burst.
    Full Auto will be getting variable def check for every FA, but there will be some min def check, it will not fall below that, similar to a random function with fixed min and max values

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Definitely a lot of non-sense in the forums lately, from people without a clue.
    I disagree. There is a difference in not knowing the current mechanics in pure numbers... and experiencing these mechanics in-game and understanding they are broken the way they are allowed to be used.

The fact that agents get the use of an unavoidable high dmg special every 12s while caster classes have to combat untold levels of nano resistance is unfair.

The fact that soldiers get their FA special with their massive defenses while yet again several other classes get no access to perk alphas or high dmg specials is retarded in a pvp environment where 10s kills are the common goal and occurrence.

Balance pvp dmg UP for all classes or balance it DOWN for all classes.
    "Can I have some shoes?"

Quote Originally Posted by fortorn View Post
    I disagree. There is a difference in not knowing the current mechanics in pure numbers... and experiencing these mechanics in-game and understanding they are broken the way they are allowed to be used.

The fact that agents get the use of an unavoidable high dmg special every 12s while caster classes have to combat untold levels of nano resistance is unfair.

The fact that soldiers get their FA special with their massive defenses while yet again several other classes get no access to perk alphas or high dmg specials is retarded in a pvp environment where 10s kills are the common goal and occurrence.

Balance pvp dmg UP for all classes or balance it DOWN for all classes.
    Soldiers dont really get that much of a perk alpha, especially after re-balancing.. (Loosing PU perks) and most of our perks are really slow... Hence we get FA.. Without it we wouldn't be able to kill anyone..
    /Where also getting a slight def nerf)
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast