Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stuns and Aimed Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    It could do alot of things, but it's pretty obvious the way AS is heading, what it won't do.
    Hit any melee professions?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

AS won't hit melee professions? Based on what? The unknown interrupt value? Yeah, OK. Can your crystal ball tell me what the lottery numbers are too?
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Hit any melee professions?
    CC doesn't exist?
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    CC doesn't exist?
    Melee advies, Enfos and MAs are almost unrootable, and nobody is afraid of a keeper.
    You're such a shade!
    Zenevan2 - 220/30/70 agent

For the first time in 10 years, AS will actually become true to what it's called? an aimed shot that takes time to aim?!?!

AS won't hit melee professions? Based on what? The unknown interrupt value? Yeah, OK. Can your crystal ball tell me what the lottery numbers are too?
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...&postcount=124

Not really a crystal ball, but it doesn't seem like much of a mystery to figure out what they've considered for the interrupt chance.
    CC doesn't exist?
    Perk SD? If roots and snares are breakable at all... then it might as well not exist.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Perk SD? If roots and snares are breakable at all... then it might as well not exist.
    Can we stop comparing the new AS to current mechanics?

And besides, you know SD for shades is a huge sacrifice; it makes them greatly vulnerable in other respects.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Can we stop comparing the new AS to current mechanics?

And besides, you know SD for shades is a huge sacrifice; it makes them greatly vulnerable in other respects.
    I didn't make any comparisons to current mechanics.

We don't know if roots or snares will be breakable through items. We at least know the perks to break them still exist in the most current perk documents, as does rage. Thus, you might take notice of the word if.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...&postcount=124

Not really a crystal ball, but it doesn't seem like much of a mystery to figure out what they've considered for the interrupt chance.
    That post says nothing about what the interrupt value will be so no, you are wrong, it is a mystery what the chance will be until it's implemented.

That post says nothing about what the interrupt value will be so no, you are wrong, it is a mystery what the chance will be until it's implemented.
    Interrupt on any melee hit.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

says "can be" interrupted on any melee hit, i think it suggests that specials CAN interrupt it too. the use of can makes me think it will be a % chance to interrupt.

although he goes on to say that in pvp this new AS will be repeatable in pvm, not sure if he makes this point as in "because you cant now" or as in "you can only AS once in a pvp battle, then use the AS secondary"

O_O
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Aimed shot should only stun when you miss with it.
    Because I'd be stunned to see "XXXX Tried to hit you with Aimed Shot, but missed!"
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    says "can be" interrupted on any melee hit, i think it suggests that specials CAN interrupt it too. the use of can makes me think it will be a % chance to interrupt.

although he goes on to say that in pvp this new AS will be repeatable in pvm, not sure if he makes this point as in "because you cant now" or as in "you can only AS once in a pvp battle, then use the AS secondary"

O_O
    If you move your capslock emphasis over to "ANY" then it makes my point quite nicely.

It's vague at best.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Yeah, that's not to say anything about it's chance to interrupt.

If you move your capslock emphasis over to "ANY" then it makes my point quite nicely.

It's vague at best.
    yes, "any" in that sense could have two meanings, he should have been more clearer as anyone could be right.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Yeah, that's not to say anything about it's chance to interrupt.
    Read above.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    er... agents were always a casting prof?
    Post mimic: yes

Pre-mimic: No
    Do you know anyone with -3K nano init casting in combat?

IF you what to see what Agents were intended to be you can look at 3 things:
    1) IP skill costs
    2) Usable equipment
    3) Developer comments

1) the green Agent skills are:
    Sneak Attack
    Psychology
    Tutoring
    Concealment
    Perception

Light blue:
    Sharp Obj
    Aimed Shot
    Rifle
    Mech. Engi
    Chemistry
    Matt. Meta
    Matter Crea
    B&E

The blue (not DARK blue) weapons being Bow and Pistol

2) Artillery Unit Aban
    In AO clasic Agents could FP:
    Crat suits, Enf tank armor, Trader nano armor

in SL they are limited to Artillery and Perennium Sniper

in AI they get Ranger (bow) perks
    in S7 they can use both the rifle and bow

In conclusion: In the start supposed to have a little of everything, then limited to a dam/rifle machine, then opening up for choices.

3) Agents are damage machines.
    That is more or less what was said at SL launch.
    It has also been said that Agents are the nr. 1 PVP profession

Those two statements are not relevant for the balancing though, as that is Tabula Rasa (blank slate, not meaning "the servers will die" )

Final conclusion
    So if the rebalancing changes the IP costs, then sure, Agents can be a casting profession, but as of now, the nanoskills and nano init are dark blue.

There are more focus on Agents being fun and easier to play though.
    Agents might have been the nr.1 PVP profession, but it was HARD to get there.. meaning that those playing Agents, were only hardcore players, the rest giving up.
    -- hence fulfilling the prophecy of "agent being the average best PVP profession"

With 2 hour MP pets, Comp MP nanos, and Fixer NCU nanos, the lvling (pre-mimic) is actually more fun and tolerable.

Still no way for newcommers to see what nanos they can use, unless they unpack the database or use a 3rd party site that has ripped the database apart..

What makes the agent fun is that we can change strategy by using different nanos, in that way I agree that Agents is a casting profession..
    But they are in no way set up to be good casters from what nanoskills, perks and items they are offered.
    mimic shows it quite well: negative nano init, nanoskills and cost.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Still, the thought of wearing full scouts and using FP trader makes me a little warm and fuzzy...
    I wouldn't ask for capped speed at full def, but at least not any slower than normal at full aggro with IP fully into init and some proper buffing to it.
    I mean that for lower levels mostly, obviously at the point agents start doing FP doc and CH it isn't so much a problem :/
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123