Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: New Doctor Nano Document!

216 Heal. 218 hast the same cast time so us full def pvp docs use the 216 heal for speed. It may no longer be viable as you said. I'm not arguing that docs aren't powerful. I'm tired of the overstatements people do and mixing up numbers to make a point. It's not about docs. I'm tired of people complaining about enfs having 3500+AR and 3000 def. I'm tired of agents complaining about MPs NSDing them and having blockers. I'm tired of people complaining about soldiers casting BR while having godmode on. I am tired of people complaining about docs having 30k hp, high evades, high nanoskills on full def with high dmg AS.

Those combinations are bull****. Everyone knows. But they are mixed up anyway as long as it helps to skew the view.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

yeh you are right. but shouldnt a BALANCING patch fix those issues that some profs are kinda OP and unkillable? shouldnt a BALANCING balance the profs itself so that its more fair? i dont complain cause i only have a sold that is cutted by 50% of his defense and 30-40% of his alpha power. i can easily log another 220 char, even a doc. so thats not the point. i just want a fair balancing. and this doc sheet doesnt look like balance at all in comparison with all the other profs that will be nerfed badly. the best tools against docs will be nerfed. stuns will be removed from some profs toolset, some will be changed, roots will have a ****ing short duration, etc... that means most profs that actually have a maybe 10-25% chance to kill a doc wont be able anymore. so, should a doc be unkillable for 95% of chars running arround??? is that balancing?
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2

Gross overstatement. But you know you could just have written "I think docs will be too hard to kill still. More profs should stand a chance to kill them" and while many will not agree no one would have argued with that. It certainly wouldn't have seemed like the "everyone should kill docs" that your current posts read like. But you came in posted some arbitary numbers that are either unreachable or not viable or come from specialized setups and don't complement each other. Then justified those numbers by counting in OSB an counting in DtN/reflect effects as direct HP increase which is highly argueable and then assumed that you know how to pvp ond doc and that the doc profesional and other docs in here don't pvp. That's not exactly voicing a opinion.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

in your opinion its balancing when less profs than now stand a chance to get a doc killed?!?!?! you didnt even replied to any of my posted facts.
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2

First I don't think fewer profs then before will manage to kill a doc. I expect it to remain about the same. It'll depend on how the itemization turns out. With not even all prof drafts out and the perk documentation being outdated no one but FC could answer that at the moment. Your fear of doc outhealing entire teams is premature.

But personally I would prefer a more balanced 1v1 ratio where both the doc has a higher chance to die and has a higher chance to kill the target. I don't agree with having a super costly offense while heals don't get that much more expensive. In pvp the doc should run out of nano on heals not by trying to land their offense. I never held back with that believe either if you read these thread.

But, the game won't be balanced for 1v1 and as long as the BS remains the main form of pvp and doc keep the "alpha here" red flashlights a 1v1 balance won't work either.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    First I don't think fewer profs then before will manage to kill a doc. I expect it to remain about the same. It'll depend on how the itemization turns out. With not even all prof drafts out and the perk documentation being outdated no one but FC could answer that at the moment. Your fear of doc outhealing entire teams is premature.
    Also, it will depend on the additional changes to the nanos/perks after they get all the profession changes on the test server. So, whining now about impossibly hard to kill docs is rather moot.

And for everyone talking about how hard it is too kill a doc solo... in my experience:

- i almost never find those solo encounters to kill people or if I do there's always another 1-2-3 players coming along just in time to save the victim's skin (duels discarded since this is not the point in AO pvp now, is it?)
    - get 2-3 people that know what to do and you'll be forcing the doc in a heal-only situation hoping some of his/her side will show up to even out the balance
    - if some profession can't kill me first hand they will run away and then try again later; also, if I manage to do enough damage to scare them, they'll start running away

Sure, I am not a PVP only doc or a doc with a super specialized setup with AS. But, then again, generalizing some context specific setups to all docs as some people do is silli.

Quote Originally Posted by Khlin View Post
    And for everyone talking about how hard it is too kill a doc solo... in my experience:

- i almost never find those solo encounters to kill people or if I do there's always another 1-2-3 players coming along just in time to save the victim's skin (duels discarded since this is not the point in AO pvp now, is it?)
    - get 2-3 people that know what to do and you'll be forcing the doc in a heal-only situation hoping some of his/her side will show up to even out the balance
    - if some profession can't kill me first hand they will run away and then try again later; also, if I manage to do enough damage to scare them, they'll start running away
    why do we need balanceing then? seems like everything is okay in that mass pvp scenario? hum?

i find those "solo encounters" pretty often in bs. and when we speak about balancing, it should be balancing for profs itself in one prof vs another. cant rly count 3on1 scenarios...

it should be seen from different point of views and then be sumarized and well balanced. those points could be: how is doc vs sold,adv,engi,... balanced. how is doc vs small groups balanced. how is doc vs big groups balanced. how is doc in teamplay balanced. how is doc in pve balanced. that all needs to be counted in when you do balancing. and same for any other prof. but it doesnt rly look like funcom is going that way. they just throw in their own crap, beeing far away from the real game (it seems) and the professionals trying to keep/get their profs some advantages/nice changes. it wont be a good overall balancing when you dont look at any prof from any profs view.

From what I have seen so far with the currently released profession documents, I really like FC's changes.

It may even provide that fresh start feeling I got in 2003 when I first installed AO. In the worst case, it will just be a refreshing experience which is welcomed at this moment.

People that are crying too much already really shouldn't express themselves at all..

Rebalance is not done, and no one really knows how it will be after rebalance... Why not wait and see before starting a whinespree:P

My first thoughts when I saw the document a while ago was: Oh shi* docs need to start getting more nano delta/-cost and maybe sacrifice a few thousand health points to do so... Nanomage will really be the best choice of doctor from now on for very aparant reasons in my opinion=) Looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.
    Borris2 - 220/30 Martial Artist

Andarsmann - 100/10 Trader

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

Funny that you say that. My impression has been that - compared to the reactions of the other professions on the rebalance - docs aren't whining all that much.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    Funny that you say that. My impression has been that - compared to the reactions of the other professions on the rebalance - docs aren't whining all that much.
    You're right, but I say the same to everyone =) I spoke in general terms.
    Borris2 - 220/30 Martial Artist

Andarsmann - 100/10 Trader

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456