Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Traders

R.I.P. Traders

I guess I'll be the first one to do it. But if anyone doesn't notice the fact that drains cost 1k nano and last 15 secs, and the heals for tl5/4/3/2/1 traders have been nerfed, well forget trying to fix this doc. Complete trash. And the spec 4 reqs on most of the decent nanos (nearly all nano drains) evenn those with low like 900- 1.2k nano skill reqs is an added slap on the face. Plus considering how little ar u can drain now, traders are going to face a lot more dmg and have less defense, less heals.

Congratz, guys you whined enough to destroy an entire profession. Kudos
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Well at least they cant come with an excuse to take paid for wrangles now since it dont lower their skills :P But look on the bright side. Dont cry before u actually try it urself. I know of reading text a lot of profs have been nerfed, but wait till u try it urself and see how it ends up Both my main profs r nerfed on the docs, but might be better than u think

As it stands, we'll be draining around 420 ar from ppl, roughly less than half of what u can drain b4. It's basically landing one drain now. I've died plenty of times after draining someone once to know it's nowhere close to enough. And since, FC can't go through all the items in the DB and reduce AR, pretty positive traders are screwed.

One drain means landing divest and that's it

Well, we all knew that traders needed a drain nerf. So now the debuff only last 15s and depends on target lvl. GOOD

BUT i'll repeat myself here. FROOB TRADERS CANT SURVIVE WITH 550 HEAL!

P.s.: I'm angry enough to use size=10, but kintaii will edit it ;x

FIXED
    Last edited by lainbr; Jan 22nd, 2011 at 01:32:37.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

you do know that all traders below tl7 will be out of nano in less than a minute facing just one opponent... if they live that long

then maybe traders should learn to focus more on keeping their nano up?
    Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
    And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

It's really way too much to do keeping drains on a target, require 2k a 15 secs, then getting nano from that where most of the good nano drains are out of reach for anyone below tl6, and healing urself, which (is now less effective 700 heal, and higher cost vs previous 1k)

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    you do know that all traders below tl7 will be out of nano in less than a minute facing just one opponent... if they live that long
    The nanopool drains give us the nanopool we drain back to us. With that and Accumulator, we shouldn't ever run out of nanopool.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Well, we all knew that traders needed a drain nerf. So now the debuff only last 15s and depends on target lvl. GOOD

BUT i'll repeat myself here. FROOB TRADERS CANT SURVIVE WITH 550 HEAL!

P.s.: I'm angry enough to use size=10, but kintaii will edit it ;x
    You shouldn't be as angry, because you're looking at the wrong nano. The Improved Health Plunder we got from the Ashley questline does -1980/+990 HP, instead of -997/+990 HP. And has always been usable by froob Traders and still will be.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    FC can't go through all the items in the DB
    Why?

That's what they're planning to do. Well, not every item in the DB necessarily, they might limit themselves to relevant ones (and I'll be surprised if a bunch of pointless items don't end up far less pointless in the process).
    Last edited by -Stage-; Jan 22nd, 2011 at 15:04:58.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by -Stage- View Post
    That's what they're planning to do.
    Have FC said so?
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Have FC said so?
    Have they said they're going to rework items? Yes.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by -Stage- View Post
    Have they said they're going to rework items? Yes.
    Hm, then that is a massive piece of info that I somehow missed. Got a link or something to the statement? (just wanna read it for my own curiosity)
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Hm, then that is a massive piece of info that I somehow missed. Got a link or something to the statement? (just wanna read it for my own curiosity)
    This is a quote from Kintaii from the Doctor Profession forum area....

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Of course also keep in mind we have itemization rebalancing yet to come, so don't start crying havoc just yet.

You are obviouslt right but it doesnt matter. Forst of all those changes are very unlikely to be ever implemented. Secondly AO with its low population cant afford to nerf anyone so much.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Hmm I think that one thing we've learnt during this rebalancing, is that this dev team seem willing to do a lot of things that we never thought they would. Engi nanos using tradeskills? Complete rebuild of casting mechanism withi cool-downs? AS heavily nerfed with 3s attack time? Short duration crowd control? Complete rebuild of all pets from ground up? Changes to def skills for Nano perks? etc etc... i don't think I'd be making any bets at all on what FC will or won't do in these changes.

I also think that there will be a lot of adjustment of values when the rebalancing changes go to beta testing. There will have been so much change in so many areas that trying to work out how gameplay will actually look when it's all done is very difficult without actually trying it. We honestly can't see yet whether things will necessarily turn out better or worse a lot of the time.

Personally, I'm focussing on the mechanics of the new effects, the general design direction and the possibilities of game-play change... rather than necessarily focussing on the values... and trying to get my head around the way in which the new casting system will completely change our casting 'rotations'.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

What I see when i look at the trader doc i see changes that were a must for there to be sane re-balancing. No debuffing AR by 1.5K is not reasonable when this is more than half of some profs feasible AR and only a third of a few. The fact that the nanos requires some skill now i like a lot, no imo you should have to face choices in your setup, you are not supposed to be able to have a setup that enables your profs whole toolkit.

As for the relative defense nerf and survivability of traders, it looks good to me coupled with the other changes incoming and also your offense seems to be increased.

I think this is a great step in the right direction but i feel we need some changes in items and availability as well

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    You are obviouslt right but it doesnt matter. Forst of all those changes are very unlikely to be ever implemented. Secondly AO with its low population cant afford to nerf anyone so much.
    That is one view of it, i see it more like they cant afford not to nerf everyone a lot.

We have two major changes on the way, that will increase the player base a lot, im guessing we will have atleast 10-20 times more active players than we have atm, for about 1-2 months unless the game is changed enough to have a new feel but keeping the AO-charm. Only way for this game to survive without becoming more of a bitter hemorrhoidic gentleman's club is by making the game elements require cooperation again. And by that i dont mean grabing a crat, soldier and a doc to do anything in the game.

The short version:
    This is about 1. Drawing a lot of ppl into the game, 2. Making the game fun to play for everyone

Well, things will have to be experimented, but atm, I think the nerf is not bad.

Lowbie traders will keep very high offense, but wont be able to desable to negative skills any number of (non-trader) opponents.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by dockside View Post
    As for the relative defense nerf and survivability of traders, it looks good to me coupled with the other changes incoming and also your offense seems to be increased.
    l
    Pressing 1 button and relying on landing luck for offense and defense really sounds like interesting pvp approach
    The worst thing is, if we dont get alot of nanoskill buffing with the balancing, we have to drain up with worthless drains to cast the top nuke/heal. Either gives us drains that justify casting them and not only for buffing ourselves or give us buffs like evryone else!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast