Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Timeline of PVP in AO

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzoidbyrg View Post
    fixers are halfway damage and halfway evades, they are pretty well off no matter what happens so long as no fixer-specific nerfs come their way... such as in the past... Q_Q
    And remember that a flagged fixer in Bore is a trap. Always.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    Indeed. And if he didn't always bring it back around to AS, then it might get more notice than ridicule. The fact is that they will be changing the mechanics on AS in some way having nothing to do with his personal crusade against it. But that change will not be made before they get done with the professions. So much like the crusage against Defeat Righteousness which also had valid points, by his bringing every thread he starts/comments in back to the evils of AS, he ends up getting any good points he might have made ignored.
    lies!

All my good points are well documented, and fully embraced by all players, even the devs. You'll notice some of the changes to AS were some that I have suggested.

Also, I won't shut up until Aimed shot is fixed, and, you'll notice a lot less spam in forums about it, because, as soon as it's fixed, a lot more people will be doing tower zerging, instead of sitting on their asses waiting for AO to be fun again.

You know what the single biggest factor is that deters PVM'ers coming out to towers? "I get insta-splatted."

Know why? because when AO went to AR setups, every nub in a moderate evade setup for PVM got cooked by tab-Q. Add AS from every caffeine junkie with a penchant for "O" and you got a lot of people who all of a sudden feel like they can no longer help at war.

So, a couple years down the road, and notum wars has roughly half or less participants from Pre-LE days, and sh*t, guess what! AO has roughly half or less population from back then too!

Well, maybe people just wanted to feel helpful, without being subjected to 1 special welcome to reclaim online.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    lies!

All my good points are well documented, and fully embraced by all players, even the devs. You'll notice some of the changes to AS were some that I have suggested.

Also, I won't shut up until Aimed shot is fixed, and, you'll notice a lot less spam in forums about it, because, as soon as it's fixed, a lot more people will be doing tower zerging, instead of sitting on their asses waiting for AO to be fun again.

You know what the single biggest factor is that deters PVM'ers coming out to towers? "I get insta-splatted."

Know why? because when AO went to AR setups, every nub in a moderate evade setup for PVM got cooked by tab-Q. Add AS from every caffeine junkie with a penchant for "O" and you got a lot of people who all of a sudden feel like they can no longer help at war.

So, a couple years down the road, and notum wars has roughly half or less participants from Pre-LE days, and sh*t, guess what! AO has roughly half or less population from back then too!

Well, maybe people just wanted to feel helpful, without being subjected to 1 special welcome to reclaim online.
    Then expand your hate. The narrow focus on one special as game-breaking does not paint the appropriate picture and just opens you up to ridicule. Particularly when it's already been stated that the AS mechanics are chaning. Fixing AS would limit the effective PvP alpha/damage potential of professions geared a certain way for sure. But simply because someone has and can cap AS does not mean they win every fight. I have a much easier time dealing with AS than I do a profession that, I don't know, stuns you immediately and then is able to unload 4 capping alphas for an instant kill. Or debuffs that cannot be removed with anything less than death and last forever. Or the fact that there is a mentality that there are some professions that aren't supposed to be perkable. DB/12Man buffs, AR tower contracts, stuns, unbreakable roots, etc., etc. There are far too many other things that lead to the "1 special welcome to reclaim online."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

lies!

All my good points are well documented, and fully embraced by all players...
    MAEK SHOW PROOFFZ PLOX

I call bull**** on this one. You have had similar emorage periods over Acrobat, kippur lub, roots/snares/blinds, etc.. No doubt something else will trigger you when, and if, AS is fixed Whatever else the result will be, I seriously doubt you'll ever 'shut up'.

Someone enlighten me on the proposed changes to AS. All I know is that it will have some sort of cast time and will be able to be used whether you are sneaking or not. Or am I wrong?

And can be interrupted, afaik. Agents are getting some sort of special AS as well, I think. And then the new engine comes out. But first, we will colonize Mars.

lies!

Bahahahaa you're so deluded its surreal. What i noticed is you making "suggestions" that had already been suggested by funcom.

Your like that guy who tries to sing along to a song, pretending to know the words and repeating them a second later. Embarrassing to see really.
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    And can be interrupted, afaik. Agents are getting some sort of special AS as well, I think. And then the new engine comes out. But first, we will colonize Mars.
    So no change to defense checks or anything else in regards to how it lands? Interesting. WTB more info on AS.

From this post :

- Become a 3ish second "opener" that can be interrupted by any melee attack. In PVM this will be repeatable without a conceal check (Concealing successfully will likely add bonus damage).
    - Damage will likely be increased to account for the additional time it takes to execute and for the vulnerability of the player who has to stand still to execute it.
    - Aimed Shot, Full Auto and Sneak Attack will likely share the same cooldown to make it possible to balance between different professions and setups.
    - A secondary attack action (on the same timer as AS/FA/SA) with an instant execution time will unlock and scale at specific levels of Aimed Shot skill. Higher investment in AS skill will yield better results.

Secondary attack action is named as Snipe shot which will be similar to burst.

Then you shouldn't have to make a post-a-week about AS pistol or AS for that matter should you. You're not really suggesting anything that FC already has acknowledged they are changing. So in that sense, YOU aren't suggesting, you are parroting. You are good at using an impending change to justify get things nerfed you don't like. Example? getting the AS pistol removed/nerfed, even though FC is going to address AS itself.
    Last edited by Obtena; Feb 1st, 2011 at 04:28:48.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    Don't be silly, these profs have always used AS in PvP, and it's damage was higher before troa'ler pistol made it ingame..

AS pistol only allowed advs/crats/docs/engies to utilize their supported/intended weapon, instead of shotguns and bows, while also compensating for the lost AS damage with perks: compare Ofab Tiger Mk 6 and Troa'Ler Pistol, it's 2xbetter AS for the bow.

Basically, AS pistol = not being forced to suck in PvM if you want to PvP as a 'support' prof.
    You said what I wanted to say.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by techprince View Post
    From this post :

- Become a 3ish second "opener" that can be interrupted by any melee attack. In PVM this will be repeatable without a conceal check (Concealing successfully will likely add bonus damage).
    - Damage will likely be increased to account for the additional time it takes to execute and for the vulnerability of the player who has to stand still to execute it.
    - Aimed Shot, Full Auto and Sneak Attack will likely share the same cooldown to make it possible to balance between different professions and setups.
    - A secondary attack action (on the same timer as AS/FA/SA) with an instant execution time will unlock and scale at specific levels of Aimed Shot skill. Higher investment in AS skill will yield better results.

Secondary attack action is named as Snipe shot which will be similar to burst.
    Secondary attack is, as of the post, restricted to Agents only.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

/meh

I emo'd for a couple threads when I finished making the best TL5 keeper I could, because TL5 keepers aren't balanced. They lack significantly against the profs that they *should* do well against, namely, melee advies, enforcers, and MA's (and every other melee equipped toon), yes, DOF is OP'd on advies at TL5 in conjunction with all their other defenses. (nobody disagreed about that), yes TL5 keeper need help, badly (nobody has refuted that, except the 150 omlets who get stomped into next week by aarlok), and yes, again, I got annoyed by blinds/ roots and TL5, because simply put, there are no appropriate defences available for these immobilizing attacks on the toons I was playing.

So, here, on the other hand are some things which I've seen: FC has lowered root duration/ snare durations. Blinds I'm not sure, but I think they are changing slightly to affect AR more than sight, which is good. FC has recognized that keepers need some serious help, so, they are getting some love (but not much), and we are also getting some kind of snarey thing, (ok, cool), advies, on the other hand, will still and always be OP'd with all the defences they have, and, it's highly unlikely it'll change, so, everyone should always be able to QQ about them without any ridicule whatsoever.

Finally, all the haters, you can come onnnn down to the burning ring of fire and kiss my white ***. AS is OP'd, it's retardedly spammable, it's open to everyone and his dog, and is a way too OP'd special, and, there's too damn much of it around for any non-self effacing melee prof not to be QQing about it FULL TIME. Finally, I'd like to mention, that if someone isn't out busting FC's forum-ballz about AS, then, I'd expect it not to have any plans for changing.... So, when it finally does change, ya'll can come roll melee advies and shades, and thank me for the opportunity to play them again.

peace!
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Feb 1st, 2011 at 09:23:32. Reason: got pork stuck in my teeth

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    Don't be silly, these profs have always used AS in PvP, and it's damage was higher before troa'ler pistol made it ingame..

AS pistol only allowed advs/crats/docs/engies to utilize their supported/intended weapon, instead of shotguns and bows, while also compensating for the lost AS damage with perks: compare Ofab Tiger Mk 6 and Troa'Ler Pistol, it's 2xbetter AS for the bow.

Basically, AS pistol = not being forced to suck in PvM if you want to PvP as a 'support' prof.
    No, it didn't, it boosted offense significantly it meant ppl could now dual weild, increasing chance of procs, boosted their AR a large amount, have AS, fling, burst and they made the perks 80% check (but the 80% perks isn't really an AS pistol issue)

You call that "just making the profs not sucky in pvm"? Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    No, it didn't, it boosted offense significantly it meant ppl could now dual weild, increasing chance of procs, boosted their AR a large amount, have AS, fling, burst and they made the perks 80% check (but the 80% perks isn't really an AS pistol issue)

You call that "just making the profs not sucky in pvm"? Sure
    Yes, my engineer going from 1100 AR with a bow to 2500 AR with pistol was a massive boost, too bad it wasn't enough to perk anybody even with 80% perks.
    Waiting for a cure.

Finally, I'd like to mention, that if someone isn't out busting FC's forum-ballz about AS, then, I'd expect it not to have any plans for changing.... So, when it finally does change, ya'll can come roll melee advies and shades, and thank me for the opportunity to play them again.

peace!
    Yes I can't wait to thank YOU for the fact that FC is fixing AS. Reality check: You had nothing to do with AS fixes. You were too busy QQing about AS pistols to notice AS was the root cause of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Yes I can't wait to thank YOU for the fact that FC is fixing AS. Reality check: You had nothing to do with AS fixes. You were too busy QQing about AS pistols to notice AS was the root cause of the problem.
    People were bitching about AS before he rolled his first froob.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    Yes, my engineer going from 1100 AR with a bow to 2500 AR with pistol was a massive boost, too bad it wasn't enough to perk anybody even with 80% perks.
    err, do live in a world of fixers?

how is it not possible to perk people with 2500 AR and 80% perks?

2500/0.8 = 3125 evades rating or lower.

I gaurantee theres a lot of people with 3125 or lower.

You may be experiencing the problem with ranged advies tho: full blown Def setups because of 80% perks and AS. nerf that eh.

err, do live in a world of fixers?

how is it not possible to perk people with 2500 AR and 80% perks?

2500/0.8 = 3125 evades rating or lower.

I gaurantee theres a lot of people with 3125 or lower.

You may be experiencing the problem with ranged advies tho: full blown Def setups because of 80% perks and AS. nerf that eh.
    Not as many as I'd like. And those checks and AS are getting nerfed. Why beat a dead horse?
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    People were bitching about AS before he rolled his first froob.
    Well, apparently the fix is all due to him spamming the forums with AS pistol QQ threads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast