Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nerf AO

I wholeheartedly agree with nerfing AO, especially in pvm. It's all way too easy. For example, soloing the Adonis questline is a cakewalk fifty levels after it opens up. I think halving AAD here would be great, especially for fixers who can absolutely breeze through it naked.

Pandemonium is also way too easy anymore. It should be toughened up so that it takes at least three hours to complete. There should also be at least a twenty percent chance of death on average per person per twenty minutes. This would really open up endgame content to casual players, much like the S42 rewards.

Two more fine examples are the inferno garden/sanctuary key quests. They're so much easier than all of the others. Every time I look to do it, I wonder why they make it so easy to save reliably and shorten travel times, both things which should be relegated to serious players only.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I am? NICE! That doesn't change anything I said.
    Yep, that doesn't increase PvP damage at all, does it?

Good lord...
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

obtena = not reading the posts... I wouldn't bother arguing right now.

BTW, my regular hits as an enfo are sitting at about 1200 ... 400 add damage to that from buffs is reducing the number of reg hits I have to make to kill someone between 10-15% I approximate, in the BEST case vs. non-evaders, and even lower against evades profs. So thanks for that example to show how minor an effect is has for enfos. 13 more profs to go.
    Are you trying to tell us that a 10-15% increase in dmg isn't significant? Why then are people farming gear that will increase their dmg by 2-3% and think those items are uber? A 10-15% increase is insanely good and if it was on an item it would be the best item in-game.

Also this affects towers a lot. If one faction has the buffs and the other doesn't I believe we can all figure out what will happen?

These buffs were probably meant to be a nice reward for people doing the raid but the effects are too significant. It needs to be removed.

Sorry, where are you telling me how 400 Add damage buffs affect PVP damage, in general. Probably because they don't. You can point all out the specific instances where this prof does that, but generally, it's not significant enough to nerf it.

BTW, my regular hits as an enfo are sitting at about 1200 ... 400 add damage to that from buffs is reducing the number of reg hits I have to make to kill someone between 10-15% I approximate, in the BEST case vs. non-evaders, and even lower against evades profs. So thanks for that example to show how minor an effect is has for enfos. 13 more profs to go.
    i can give you a lot examples how 400 (200) add dmg effect pvp significantly.

1. as soldier with smg against good enfs you mostly cant cap full autos on him. with assault rifle that should be same. so you maybe hit with 8 bullets == 8x 1200 dmg (just taking your numbers from your post, dunno my norm hits atm). that adds up to 9600. with + 200 add dmg per bullet you do 11200. gain of 1600 PVP-dmg just from your 11s-FA. lets add 1 full hitting burst to it. 3 bullets == 3x 1200 == 3600 dmg. with 200 add dmg we hit with 600 additional dmg. lets add some norm hits that you do in the 11s FA recharge. maybe you hit him 4x. that adds 800 dmg. so here are the "fantasy" calcs: +1600 FA add-dmg + 600 Burst add-dmg + 800 norm add-dmg == 3000 add pvp-dmg. not calced that your burst recharges a lot faster than your fa

this is the calc for just 1 envy / anger. now add fling + AS for the smg sold. start with the fling + norm hits from onehander. lets say you do about 2x fling + 4 norm hits within that FA-recharge or maybe 12seconds. thats 6x 200 add dmg. adding up to 1200 from onehander. adding up to 4200 add pvp-dmg.

now you can add the aimed shot add-dmg that you gain from these buffs. per muliplier 200 add dmg. i dont have the multiplier table here now so just calc it for yourself. an easy 10x modifier allrdy adds up 10x200 dmg then or?^^ that would be allrdy 2000 add-pvp dmg. what multiplier is possible for sold? 15? maybe with scope? 15x200 == 3000 add dmg. lets just say 2000.

all in all your smg sold gains 6200 pvp-dmg against that enf. over 12s!!! wihout burst recharge being calced in! with assault rifle you gain good 4200 dmg in our example.

2. soldier with EC3 against shades/fixer/MA/...: 2000+ additional AS dmg isnt a lot against chars with 10k hp? +200 dmg per hit (and EC3 hits very very often) isnt a big gain? just that 200 add dmg are ~20% dmg increase. add the AS...you know where we end. dont forget the 100 AAO that db1+2 add!

3. doc against anyone: as pistol -> add 200 dmg -> calc with multiplier. you know... + dual norm hits with additional 200 dmg each it (if you hit)...isnt that allrdy ~20% dmg increase without the AS being calced in? ohh...db buffs add 10% nano dmg and 1k nano. nice. but yeah... you say its no big deal. okay. ^^ ever seen docs nuking for 3200 dmg? pretty nice and kinda OP.

4. fixer: same as sold above but usually allways with smg setup

5. lets shorten this a bit... anyone does ~10-20% more dmg with norm hits. for some 1 handed profs it might be a bit less... maybe 10-15%. for specials that hit with more than 1 bullet you have to calc the 10-20% to any bullet. adding up to more than 25% add dmg for most profs PVP-DMG!

you cant say perks only kill anyone in pvp. it´s specials that kill. more add dmg == better chance to kill someone // faster.
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2

Quote Originally Posted by Macharim View Post
    Are you trying to tell us that a 10-15% increase in dmg isn't significant?
    No. Try reading what I posted. I said it's not enough to justify nerfing the add damage part of the buffs. Everyone has access to these buffs so arguing some 'faction' will have them while another will not is LAF.
    Last edited by Obtena; Feb 11th, 2011 at 15:45:03.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by -yeny- View Post
    i can give you a lot examples how 400 (200) add dmg effect pvp significantly.
    There's no debate here. I already acknowledged that the damage increases PVP damage. It's just not enough to justify nerfing it. Significant doesn't equate to unreasonable or overpowered. I'm past these argument because PVP as a whole and the damage people are dealing are not broken because of the add damage from these buffs.
    Last edited by Obtena; Feb 11th, 2011 at 15:49:36.

There's no debate here. I already acknowledged that the damage increases PVP damage. It's just not enough to justify nerfing it. Significant doesn't equate to unreasonable or overpowered. I'm past these argument because PVP as a whole and the damage people are dealing are not broken because of the add damage from these buffs.
    Yeah, you're not even reading the posts anymore.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

I am, I'm just not in the mood to argue points that don't address how the add damage affects PVP at a higher level of consideration because that's what this thread is about remember? The bigger picture. Come back when you aren't all wallowing in the 'OMG reg hits on craphander NERF!!!' mode.
    Last edited by Obtena; Feb 11th, 2011 at 22:14:15.

Fine then, I'll discuss it on a higher level. Ignore one-hander, hell even ignore AS and just look at the base dmg increase. It is so incredibly high that unless both players have it the fight is almost a foregone conclusion. If a buff is so good that you absolutely need it to beat someone that has it then it's too good. Especialy since it can't be removed, isn't lost on death and lasts a very long time.

I am, I'm just not in the mood to argue points that don't address how the add damage affects PVP at a higher level of consideration because that's what this thread is about remember? The bigger picture. Come back when you aren't all wallowing in the 'OMG reg hits on craphander NERF!!!' mode.
    Yep, I'm talking about craphander.

Seriously, you're being really dumb right now. Like, more than normal.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Arguing about it at all is pretty dumb.

If you find the game too easy and uninteresting, play something else, don't petition to change the experience for everybody else not complaining, who presumably enjoy the game as it is.

Alternatively, wait for the massive rebalance that is already in progress, and then see if you still feel like you are overpowered.

My greatest fear for the game is that the developers think all these ramblings about 'how things should be' from bored vets are the majority view from the playerbase.
    Last edited by Structure; Feb 12th, 2011 at 09:34:31.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Also, you've never seen an Engi do a 9k+ burst? Also those pets? They need a better AS?
    I have an engy and I've never done a 9k burst with any weapon ever. Peh'wer does about 5k pvm burst selfbuffed (with 5 parts of cc and one arul, tested 3 minutes ago on stage vs. leets)
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Quote Originally Posted by quieter456 View Post
    I have an engy and I've never done a 9k burst with any weapon ever. Peh'wer does about 5k pvm burst selfbuffed (with 5 parts of cc and one arul, tested 3 minutes ago on stage vs. leets)
    I definitely am not making it up.

I don't feel like namedropping, but I have personally witnessed an Engi hit a 9k burst on an alien, which was subsequently logon'ed by him on a private bot I'm on.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    I definitely am not making it up.

I don't feel like namedropping, but I have personally witnessed an Engi hit a 9k burst on an alien, which was subsequently logon'ed by him on a private bot I'm on.
    1. Engies generally don't wear 2 aruls, full cc, etc in pvp.

2. Was he alone?

3. Most engies don't use AMEP in pvp

4. Aliens have crap ACs, crap evades, and no reflect.

I've seen a soldier hit 13k burst and an MA hit 10k crits, it doesn't mean they are hitting 50% of that in pvp.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Quote Originally Posted by quieter456 View Post
    1. Engies generally don't wear 2 aruls, full cc, etc in pvp.

2. Was he alone?

3. Most engies don't use AMEP in pvp

4. Aliens have crap ACs, crap evades, and no reflect.

I've seen a soldier hit 13k burst and an MA hit 10k crits, it doesn't mean they are hitting 50% of that in pvp.
    The point I was making (or trying to make?) is that DB buffs makes that kind of crap possible. That was before 12m even existed.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Those buffs might be too powerful, but the fact that they exist has done a lot to keep people interested in doing those instances.

those buffs are not too powerful.

for pvm.

Those buffs that you get in 20-30mins equals gear of several months of farming, nerf plz

At least remove AAD/AAO maybe.
    Last edited by Lletah; Feb 14th, 2011 at 07:33:57.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Maybe, as part of the rebalance, the Devs can:

- re-introduce AC holes
    - lower the min damage on every Kyr'ozch+perennium wep+Xan+Ofab weap to 50 for 1 hand, 100 for 2 hand.

- half every add dmg modifier in game
    - half every AAD modifier in game
    - half every AAO modifier in game
    - increase the req's for recharge on all specials/weaps
    - increase the offensive nanos mobs have access to

This would make AO have some room to grow again. And, people might fuss a bit over armour.
    Better yet, increase the recharges on cheap specials like sneak attack and aimed shot and burst and full auto. Keepers dont need a 5 minute fast attack, because we already don't have anything.

Thanks!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast