Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nanite Enhanced Drains on a 57?

Nanite Enhanced Drains on a 57?

The other day, I'm busy working on a towersite on my lil MP when all of a sudden, BAM, Nanite Enhanced drains. Yeah yeah, traders drain and all that, but NANITE ENHANCED?? -500 RIGHT OFF THE BAT?!? FOR 3 MINUTES? from a 57??

Ridiculous.

Yes, I know traders are getting nerfed, but either drains need a lockout after the 15 second initial drain or drains need level locks period. There is a certain point when something just becomes retarded, and traders have been this way for a while.

Yes, I have a 15 trader that can drain ~200 max and throw kizzers at that point, but I'm honestly not happy about it, and I only push him to that max because I can and because it's necessary. But put locks or lockouts on things and you will restore balance to lowbie PVP, eeven though it died with the battlerod.

LEVEL LOCK/LOCKOUT DRAINS.

(oh yeah, prepare for whiny traders telling me why need 3 minute no-locked drains)
    creds pls

You are aware that the amount drained will depend on the level of the target after the changes go though right?

p.s Paying attention in towers helps instead of simi q/afk. Try casting any of the -PM/TS debuffs, they love it.

You are aware that if I'm drained first with a NANITE ENHANCED DRAIN, There is absolutely no chance that my puny -75 unmake will make them do anything but wipe my spit from their face and continue to pummel me.

Also, it's not so easy when they rush up behind you in between tabs, and drain from max distance.

Once that first drain lands, You're done.

Try lowbie pvp sometime and you'll see just what I mean.
    creds pls

That's how it always worked. It's being fixed in re-balance. What's the problem?
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

The problem is not me being drained.

The problem is the amount.

-500 on a TL3 toon is retarded and OP. -500 drains shouldn't even be usable till AT LEAST 126, and even then...

even -200 shouldn't be usable on a 15, and I know that I'm not the highest drainer out there.
    creds pls

did u even read the balance docs?

heres what will happen:

Target Cast Ransack Skills (Weak) Target is level 1-10
    Target Cast Ransack Skills (Minor) Target is level 11-20
    Target Cast Ransack Skills (Average) Target is level 21-30
    Target Cast Ransack Skills (Lesser) Target is level 31-40
    Target Cast Ransack Skills Target is level 41-50
    Target Cast Ransack Skills (Major) Target is level 51-60
    Target Cast Ransack Skills (Advanced) Target is level 61-70
    Target Cast Plunder Skills (Weak) Target is level 71-80
    Target Cast Plunder Skills (Minor) Target is level 81-90
    Target Cast Plunder Skills (Average) Target is level 101-110
    Target Cast Plunder Skills (Lesser) Target is level 111-120
    Target Cast Plunder Skills Target is level 121-130
    Target Cast Plunder Skills (Lesser) Target is level 131-140
    Target Cast Plunder Skills (Advanced) Target is level 141-150
    Target Cast Plunder Skills (Nanite Enhanced) Target is level 151-209
    Target Cast Plunder Skills (Nanite Improved) Target is level 210+

and the amount of each drain will change....nanite plunter will drain only 138 for example

Wait for the rebalance, bud; our drains will go from ridiculous to laughable.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Wait for the rebalance, bud; our drains will go from ridiculous to laughable.
    At low level PVP, drains are currently NOT ridiculous ... except if you mean ridiculously OP...
    After rebalance, drains will still allow to twink very good weapon and keep same AR... just trader wont be able to incapacitate anynumber of nontrader/nonNRperked opponents.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    At low level PVP, drains are currently NOT ridiculous ... except if you mean ridiculously OP...
    That's exactly what I meant.

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

drains were intended to be a negative penalty to fighting a trader. they were not intended to be a spammable death sentence for anyone who can figure out a little bit of twinking.

Drains are kinda nasty sure, but NSD from a 75 MP is a tad nastier MP's need a nerf at low levels too so expect it.

Btw, I finally had an enfo resist my stun nano once out of about seven casts

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzoidbyrg View Post
    drains were intended to be a negative penalty to fighting a trader. they were not intended to be a spammable death sentence for anyone who can figure out a little bit of twinking.
    No real point complaining about how powerful the drains are, they're getting changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Drains are kinda nasty sure, but NSD from a 75 MP is a tad nastier MP's need a nerf at low levels too so expect it.

Btw, I finally had an enfo resist my stun nano once out of about seven casts
    There's that slider in the lower right corner with DEF letters on the left side and AGG letters on the right side. You might reconsider putting it to full DEF. IT HELPS A LOT WITH RESISTING 130% DEF CHECK NANOS!

Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by RmikClan View Post
    did u even read the balance docs?

heres what will happen:

Target Cast Ransack Skills (Weak) Target is level 1-10
    Target Cast Ransack Skills (Minor) Target is level 11-20
    Target Cast Ransack Skills (Average) Target is level 21-30
    Target Cast Ransack Skills (Lesser) Target is level 31-40
    Target Cast Ransack Skills Target is level 41-50
    Target Cast Ransack Skills (Major) Target is level 51-60
    Target Cast Ransack Skills (Advanced) Target is level 61-70
    Target Cast Plunder Skills (Weak) Target is level 71-80
    Target Cast Plunder Skills (Minor) Target is level 81-90
    Target Cast Plunder Skills (Average) Target is level 101-110
    Target Cast Plunder Skills (Lesser) Target is level 111-120
    Target Cast Plunder Skills Target is level 121-130
    Target Cast Plunder Skills (Lesser) Target is level 131-140
    Target Cast Plunder Skills (Advanced) Target is level 141-150
    Target Cast Plunder Skills (Nanite Enhanced) Target is level 151-209
    Target Cast Plunder Skills (Nanite Improved) Target is level 210+

and the amount of each drain will change....nanite plunter will drain only 138 for example
    And no Rmik, I did not read those. thanks for posting and clarifying.
    creds pls

Quote Originally Posted by Mandavel View Post
    And I trust that you have some superior knowledge of lowby MP pvp...

Do share Klod, oh lord of assumptions and "well I don't REALLY know..."
    Klod's a troll, ignore him.

And yea - not only are the drains being weakened, the drain effect on the target will be scaled to their level. The benefits to the Trader, however, are not going to be changed, either mechanically or the amount buffed; though duration of the positive effect will be upped to 10 minutes.

stalkingtrollpost

Its going to get better just waiit for nano balance.
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Let's all wait for something that'll happen in 10 years and use it as an excuse for anything currently broken.
    It's been acknowledged by every credible Trader, and by the folks at FunCom, that these drains are broken, and I want them fixed as much as you do, but ultimately there's too much being worked on to release pieces of the patch. It's a much more radical change than some realize.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    It's been acknowledged by every credible Trader, and by the folks at FunCom, that these drains are broken, and I want them fixed as much as you do, but ultimately there's too much being worked on to release pieces of the patch. It's a much more radical change than some realize.
    Even more reason that we need a freakin beta server up sooner, rather than later.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

"Bla bla bla. We want the horribly broken stuff getting fixed before the rebalance hits live in the next 10 years."

horrible broken like enf alpha, as, adv toolset in its combination, doc heal, crat init debuffs, cb, drains, high reflect ... ? or horrible broken like defeat rightousness ? or more like pockets healing without getting flaged ...

horrible broken really depends on perspective i dont care about low level trader, but about other things so best bet will be that we all wait for the balancing or quit ao (faster and more reliable way).

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    There's that slider in the lower right corner with DEF letters on the left side and AGG letters on the right side. You might reconsider putting it to full DEF. IT HELPS A LOT WITH RESISTING 130% DEF CHECK NANOS!
    ***Points to my sig***

If people had the inits to properly use their aggdef bar my MP's would not have been so drastically overpowered. I suppose next you are going to tell me I l2p too much?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast