Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CC tools and resistances

CC tools and resistances

I am sorry but, wasn't the plan, that cc tools won't last long and be unresistable/unbreakable? The durations were nerfed, cooldowns make you unable to keep any1 rooted to eternity, yet, as an example advs didn't "lose" their root resist buffs, nor did items ( yet I hope ).

Might be a misunderstanding on my side, but what the hell was the point to nerf CC duration if resistances/NR checks are still present.

Would love official feedback on this.

Have a nice day.
    Hometown
    Pockiee
    Stompbox
    Ransom
    Bcomplex
    Provocative

we did loose SOME root resist.... at least we won´t be able to get to 100% like we are able to do at the moment...

I am not too sure about the Perk rework at the moment, but i think they get nerfed too, so we loose root resistance, not all but something.

Advies do lose some resistance, but everyone else gains 7% extra (20% in total, instead of currently available 13%), if they get the buff from advies that is.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

To rephrase .. This was a general question, the adv part was only an example, there is several other items that buff root/snare resist, so I was wondering.. Why they made CC so low duration, breakable, longer cooldown then duration, if one can resist/counter it?! This makes no sense.
    Hometown
    Pockiee
    Stompbox
    Ransom
    Bcomplex
    Provocative

Quote Originally Posted by Stompbox View Post
    To rephrase .. This was a general question, the adv part was only an example, there is several other items that buff root/snare resist, so I was wondering.. Why they made CC so low duration, breakable, longer cooldown then duration, if one can resist/counter it?! This makes no sense.
    FC has already stated that any items with any sort of % resist, specifically root/snare, will be looked at after the nanos are finished. This also includes that lovely perk line that you CC profs hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    FC has already stated that any items with any sort of % resist, specifically root/snare, will be looked at after the nanos are finished. This also includes that lovely perk line that you CC profs hate.
    Yes, then why do they release a % resist nano afterall? Also I might be deluded, but the only way shortened roots would work if they actually land (ignoring resistances/NR check).. thats what they do right? Crowd control? I am a bit confused about FC's approach on this.
    Hometown
    Pockiee
    Stompbox
    Ransom
    Bcomplex
    Provocative

Yes, then why do they release a % resist nano afterall? Also I might be deluded, but the only way shortened roots would work if they actually land (ignoring resistances/NR check).. thats what they do right? Crowd control? I am a bit confused about FC's approach on this.
    There should still be some chance left to counter them, so... I see nothing wrong with announced changes.

Cause it not ever near to be fun be rooted/snared for more than 10 minutes and you dont have ip for first aid.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Cause it not ever near to be fun be rooted/snared for more than 10 minutes and you dont have ip for first aid.
    Purge Nano Kit or do you also lack Treatment or Comp.Lit? A QL125 Free Movement also only requires 300ish first aid and reduced the duration by a whopping 49 seconds.

49 seconds doesn't sound like much, i know, but it seems like it's twice as long as the expected survival duration of a trader post-change and that doesn't sound like fun either...
    Syy

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Please, do your homework, reread the nano docs of Professions that use CC. Make sure you notice the 1) duration 2) cooldown 3) break chances.

Have a nice day.
    Hometown
    Pockiee
    Stompbox
    Ransom
    Bcomplex
    Provocative

Please, do your homework, reread the nano docs of Professions that use CC. Make sure you notice the 1) duration 2) cooldown 3) break chances.
    I know. And what I said justify the new time and cooldown. I agree the new break chances is bad. Just it.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Roots and snares should of course be able to be countered or removed, no matter the duration. At the moment it is way to easy to grief people by chain rooting/ snaring them without any intention of ever fighting them. I have spent several BS rounds constantly spamming free movements trying to get rid of a 20 min or whatever snare, just because some guy doesn't like to be killed and decides to be a jerk. This is the sort of annoying situation that nobody enjoys, and that is why it's being changed.
    Is there any purpose at all except for griefing where you would need CC to last such a long time? As mentioned it will break regardless if you are actively fighting a guy, so it would likely never last longer than the new proposed length anyway. If you are CC-ing in order to escape, it should provide enough time to do that still.

This is of course assuming that pvm and pvp effects will be separated, as I think I read somewhere ages ago.
    Last edited by Structure; Feb 21st, 2011 at 11:54:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Structure View Post
    Is there any purpose at all except for griefing where you would need CC to last such a long time?
    You know how long it takes a trader to land some drains and to heal up after you got hit with an as, burst, fling shot and 3 perks?
    Syy

Quote Originally Posted by Structure View Post
    Roots and snares should of course be able to be countered or removed, no matter the duration. At the moment it is way to easy to grief people by chain rooting/ snaring them without any intention of ever fighting them. I have spent several BS rounds constantly spamming free movements trying to get rid of a 20 min or whatever snare, just because some guy doesn't like to be killed and decides to be a jerk. This is the sort of annoying situation that nobody enjoys, and that is why it's being changed.
    Man my main is a crat, I know that its retarded, but please comment on the proposed changes not current thing. Another thing is, some profs really need CC to survive. Also if you would read the docs, you'd know that there will be different durations in pvm, pvp. So by making em an escape tool at best.. what do you want from CC profs to do? Not kill stuff, but run from it! Man that's just twisted and you know it. So they should rename em to ESCAPE CONTROL, instead of CC.
    Last edited by Stompbox; Feb 21st, 2011 at 15:53:58.
    Hometown
    Pockiee
    Stompbox
    Ransom
    Bcomplex
    Provocative

Man my main is a crat, I know that its retarded, but please comment on the proposed changes not current thing. Another thing is, some profs really need CC to survive. Also if you would read the docs, you'd know that there will be different durations in pvm, pvp. So by making em an escape tool at best.. what do you want from CC profs to do? Not kill stuff, but run from it! Man that's just twisted and you know it. So they should rename em to ESCAPE CONTROL, instead of CC.
    The proposed changes are a joke and I hope Genele sees that a profession that has to rely on keeping opponents away to survive is not doing too good with the proposed changes, esp. if the leftover of evades are also removed (the trader in me talking here). Sure, being rooted for some time is no fun, but forcing those professions who's defense are build around not getting hit to respawn at their saving location everytime an opponent spots them can't be the solution...
    Last edited by Syyceria; Feb 21st, 2011 at 16:25:49.
    Syy

when i read CC, they should also look at this annoying CCing out of a tower spot if there are too many players. pretty bad if your targetcallers randomly dissapearing^^ but that might be a thing they would fix with the new engine.
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2

Quote Originally Posted by -yeny- View Post
    when i read CC, they should also look at this annoying CCing out of a tower spot if there are too many players. pretty bad if your targetcallers randomly dissapearing^^ but that might be a thing they would fix with the new engine.
    MASSIVE bump.

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria View Post
    You know how long it takes a trader to land some drains and to heal up after you got hit with an as, burst, fling shot and 3 perks?
    So...

Is there any purpose at all except for griefing where you would need CC to last such a long time?

BTW, CC removal tools will probably be adjusted accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    So...

BTW, CC removal tools will probably be adjusted accordingly.
    As I said, survival...currently my root lasts nearly 5 minutes and you can remove nearly two of them with a stim.

I don't think there is any amount of adjustment that could be done to removal tools to make the proposed changes balanced if my root is supposed to only last 7 seconds. I hope Genele&Co. will realize that when they try out a trader on their alpha server...
    Syy

Said stims aren't supposed to exist when these changes go live, according to hearsay and rumor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast