Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are u afraid of these balance changes ?

Are u afraid of these balance changes ?

That it will make more players leave game? I mean AO is not perfect balanced atm but we are still playing it,what if FC screws it totaly and make it worst than it is now ?

then u gonna live with it, cos leaving ao isnt that easy
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

i am, and personally i have already voted with my credit card, like 3+ months ago ( my longest ever break from ao, in like 5-6 years )
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Xamofne View Post
    That it will make more players leave game? I mean AO is not perfect balanced atm but we are still playing it,what if FC screws it totaly and make it worst than it is now ?
    I doubt it can be much worst then this....

we got unbalanced PVP, we got too easy and boring PVM, We got buggy and poor graphic game, all new quest lines are either grind or run from point A to C then back to B even tho u just passed by it otw to C then run back to C and then A again...Didnt saw new model of boss/mob/PF since LE release.

This game became global chat network and most ppl playing only because of mates they have in it...
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

if the balancing make 90% of people leave they can just do a rollback
    Xeratrading 220/26 NM trader|||Methalix 220/21 Atrox Enforcer
    Methaball 176/4 Atrox MP|||Xeradoc 150/16 Solitus Doctor
    Methafire 150/20 Atrox Soldier|||Xeradvent 121/10 Solitus Adventurer
    Xeranuke 186/17 Solitus Nano-technician
    Xeracrat 200/21 Solitus Bureaucrat
    President of ~~ Athalantes ~~
    Squad Commander of The Glowing Nightfliers

Quote Originally Posted by Xeralix View Post
    if the balancing make 90% of people leave they can just do a rollback
    Hahha exactly, thats how FC deals with problems ^^

But first they have to let ppl farm for a week and get nice stuff so they can undo all their work
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

We're all playing D&D atm. Using numbers on a page to determine what will happen in specific scenarios and how that will break this profession or make that profession useless. In reality, no one knows how this is all going to play out once it hits test and we get a chance to fool around with it. Personally, I'm looking forward to it. It will give me a reason beyond just needing a specific toon for a specific instance to log in an alt.

I'm actually more interested in how the mechanics of all of this is going to work. Since so many nanos are being replaced by something else, how will we get these nanos? Will they automatically be there? Will we need to quest for some of them again? What about the brand new nanos? How they implement has got to be pretty daunting on the developer's side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

My main is a soldier so yes

Yeah, I am very afraid of what goes on in a video game and how its going to affect me in real life. Especially with a game as old and dead as AO.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Yeah, I am very afraid of what goes on in a video game and how its going to affect me in real life. Especially with a game as old and dead as AO.
    So jaded!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by MyGift View Post
    I submit that it can. Take a look at ao's history. How many overpowered items and nanos have you seen over the history and how many gamebreaking bugs have you seen in the same period? Add to that how extremely long it took to have these things corrected in many cases, and the others that still haven't been fixed or even recogniced by FC. Usually it's in the timeframe of serveral years to adjust things that many of us only needed seconds to realize were ludicrus.

Given this I fail to understand how anyone can believe that making changes to every single class in a profound way at the same time will turn out well!
    Even if FC DID have a great track record I would have been very pessimistic about the chances of such an enormous undertaking coming out positively.
    It's just THAT hard to predict the outcome of making such profound changes to everything at once. It just can't be done.

So yeah, I'm "scared" that this will end up killing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MyGift View Post

we got unbalanced PVP, we got too easy and boring PVM, We got buggy and poor graphic game, all new quest lines are either grind or run from point A to C then back to B even tho u just passed by it otw to C then run back to C and then A again...Didnt saw new model of boss/mob/PF since LE release.

This game became global chat network and most ppl playing only because of mates they have in it...
    But you still don't need such a big change as this, for some profs its just marginal, for some it means the prof won't be fun anymore to play. IMO there is only some MINOR changes needed.
    Hometown
    Pockiee
    Stompbox
    Ransom
    Bcomplex
    Provocative

No, what is scary is people overusing their crystal balls to predict that AO will be the next Sodom and Gomorrah of the MMO world once these changes hit live without any actual testing. /shrug.
    Last edited by Obtena; Feb 24th, 2011 at 15:21:43.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    We're all playing D&D atm. Using numbers on a page to determine what will happen in specific scenarios and how that will break this profession or make that profession useless. In reality, no one knows how this is all going to play out once it hits test and we get a chance to fool around with it....
    precisely. was thinking just this the other day. except in this case the rebalance at this point can be called Instances & Mobs Online. until testing, its all just IMO this and that. wtb actual testing asap.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

if FC is kind of relaunching ao with the new engine (ads, etc.) the basic mechanics sure need a serious overhaul prior to that. this is done with the rebalancing act. ao will play differently and more distinct between different professions. this is great and is greatly needed in the modern world of MMOs. the current state is all pure chaos withous distinct roles for players and pvm is extremely easy. it's clear that such a game can only bind very small amounts of players in the long run. so i applaud fc for taking the courage to drastically change the game. sure a lot of old players might leave because they are so used to the way it was. but it opens the doors for new players. if projects are afraid of changing stuff over time they are doomed to fail.

so keep it up!
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Quote Originally Posted by Keex View Post
    ... if projects are afraid of changing stuff over time they are doomed to fail.
    you said it. and now ao is getting a total body work-over because of the lack of 'over time' changes (to balance) it needed.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Neosh1 View Post
    then u gonna live with it, cos leaving ao isnt that easy
    thats the worst case, very accurately described lol, and to the topic: no.

AO chose a path, and at first this was great... all things need a path, or they go nowhere. As time went on, however, AO became a slave to that path. Re-balancing is zooming way way out to get a birds eye view of the situation, because we're lost, and we're trying to find our way out of the wilderness. This is not a bad thing.

I have no faith in it being an improvement, gameplay wise.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    No, what is scary is people overusing their crystal balls to predict that AO will be the next Sodom and Gomorrah or the MMO world once these changes hit live without any actual testing. /shrug.
    why only u remind me on those ppl in independance day standing on the roofs partying that the aliens come?

why...oh why =)

to topic: "balancing" will be death strike for AO - i am 99% sure.
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    why only u remind me on those ppl in independance day standing on the roofs partying that the aliens come?

why...oh why =)

to topic: "balancing" will be death strike for AO - i am 99% sure.
    Hehe. Yes that describes the situation very well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast