Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: AO TeamSpeak server (unofficial)

Things are progressing nicely an we're having loads of fun talking to players all around the world!

We reached the point where we can say that there's always a few non-afk people to talk with at any time of the day, while the busiest days remain friday, saturday and sunday (ofc.)

If you need an org channel or technical assistance, remember you can always poke Tek or myself.

Talk to you soon!
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

glad to see that the server is still doing well. i'll be back on soon, just sorta stuck in the hospital still, doc says i'm doing alot better and should be out of here soon (tm).
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by Cdogg421 View Post
    glad to see that the server is still doing well. i'll be back on soon, just sorta stuck in the hospital still, doc says i'm doing alot better and should be out of here soon (tm).
    Glad to hear you feel better, hope to see you online soon
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

Feel better!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Feel better soon!!
    DROP TABLE AO.Secret_Nerf_Table

AOSpeak Site
    Join AOSpeak, the Anarchy Online Teamspeak 3 server!
    Send /tell speak help for more information.

thanks guys, really strong posibility that i'll be heading home tomorrow morning. all depends on how this stuff coming out of the tube in my side looks tommorow :P

Thanks for getting the server up and running.

The server has been doing quite well these days. The userlist is approaching 250 users. There are 11 orgs with channels now. The channel list has been tidied up a bit thanks to Tshaar creative use of Spacers. Took me a few to get used to it .

I have a suggestion to help reduce the congestion of channels even further.
    Instead of providing a permanent Officers channel, instead allow the creation of Temp Channels for the orgs. This way anyone in the org can create a channel on the fly for any org related purposes. The channels will exist only as long as they are occupied. Kind of like a Raid instance. This would reduce the number of channels visible at any time, making the server channel list even easier to scroll through.

We did the same thing to the Teams and Raid channels. This removes the limitations on how many channels are needed or available. It can now handle any number of individual raid/team channels as needed.
    The way it works is Jon the Teams and Raids channel. Right click the Teams and Raids channel and select Create Sub-Channel. Then set a name, topic description and password as needed. Then when you are done with your raid simpley leave and the channel is deleted automatically from the server.
    DROP TABLE AO.Secret_Nerf_Table

AOSpeak Site
    Join AOSpeak, the Anarchy Online Teamspeak 3 server!
    Send /tell speak help for more information.

Question Scripting Trouble

Thanks again, folks, for setting up TS3. It's brilliant! In the interest of spreading the word about it in game, I downloaded and installed Windguaerd's promo script ts3. Thing is, I can't get it to work. Any ideas? It is in my AO Scripts folder (along with all the other scripts I use). When I call it, nothing happens at all. If the script wasn't where it should be or named incorrectly, the system would tell me "No chat command or script named [example] available."

For anyone else using TS3 who wants to give it a try, right click on the Reet's Retreat channel name and select "Open file browser." The script is in the folder "Promo Scripts." Or, if you prefer, make your own script from this:

Code:
    <a href="text://<font color=CCInfoHeader>How to join the AO Community Supported Teamspeak 3.0 Chat Server</font><br><br><font color=CCInfoText>Please join the Unofficial AO TS3 chat server even if you have no microphone. It's easier to get answers, advice, tips, etc. with a live voice than typing.<br><br><center><font color=CCInfoHeader>How to join:</font></center><br><font color=#FF8000>Send a tell to the bot named Speak with the word  anything<br><br>How to connect via TeamSpeak client (in case the quick connect link isn't working for you):<br><br>Connections - Connect (Ctrl + S)<br>Address: voice.notum.net<br>Port: 9987 (default)<br>Nickname: (name of your main character in MD)<br>Password: (blank)<br>Expand the 'More' button and input:<br>One-Time Privilege Key: (token provided by the bot)</font><br><br>Go to <a href='chatcmd:///start http://www.teamspeak.com/'>http://www.teamspeak.com</a> and download the software, it's fairly easy to set up.</font><br><br><font color=#C0C0C0>This link will open your web browser and send you to the Teamspeak website.">Join TS3 Community Supported Chat Server</a>
    Any help would be really appreciated.
    Don't mind me. I'm just passin' through.
    ::CLAN ADV :Chairman's Prize for Holy LOL recipient: RK-I::
    The Red Brotherhood
    If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my leet in the mashed potatoes.”

New website released. I'll provide the data you see in JSON/XML format soon
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

Thumbs up

BTW: Thanks for the script help, Tshaar. For anyone wondering, the script above is too long. Tshaar posted a new one in the TS3 file browser:

Code:
    /g "OT OOC" <font color="#FFB76F">Server wide </font><font color="#9FCFFF"><u>TeamSpeak</u></font><font color="#FFB76F"><i> › </i>/tell Speak join
    /g "Clan OOC" <font color="#FFB76F">Server wide </font><font color="#9FCFFF"><u>TeamSpeak</u></font><font color="#FFB76F"><i> › </i>/tell Speak join
    /delay 500000
    /ts
    The Red Brotherhood
    If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my leet in the mashed potatoes.”

Actually it is, and it isn't.

It depends on the number of players online in the server. For some unknown reason the game has 2 different script size limits. When there are a lower number of players online, the script I created, works. However when the server is more active with a higher number of players the script doesn't work. I have used a lowbie neut alt to promote using my script at odd hours to try to get people from different timezones.

So yes, you will need 2 scripts. The game itself tell you when the script is too long, so always try the longer script first, then the shorter as the backup.

I've also posted at the AOU frontpage regarding the new website.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

able to give channel creation privliges to mod's? been asked by 2 people so far if they could get a org channel.

Lookin to make org Channel for New Movement, asked a mod about it said prolly easiest to contact you here, Thanks..

~New Movement~

If you're requesting an Org Channel, please provide the following information.

Server Name
    Org Name
    Leader Name (registered on Teamspeak, must use the same name)

RK2
    New Movement
    Donniedoco

Quote Originally Posted by donniedoco View Post
    RK2
    New Movement
    Donniedoco
    Done, but please poke me when you see me online so I can add you as a channel admin.
    All done

able to give channel creation privliges to mod's? been asked by 2 people so far if they could get a org channel.
    I already looked into it, it used to be possible while creating a channel was enough, now I have to assign special permissions to an org channel because they work like raids (people in it gain permission to create temp channels).

I'll probably automate org channel creation (and inactive channel deletion) soon.
    Last edited by Tshaar; May 17th, 2011 at 12:11:22.
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Actually it is, and it isn't.

It depends on the number of players online in the server. For some unknown reason the game has 2 different script size limits. When there are a lower number of players online, the script I created, works. However when the server is more active with a higher number of players the script doesn't work. I have used a lowbie neut alt to promote using my script at odd hours to try to get people from different timezones.

So yes, you will need 2 scripts. The game itself tell you when the script is too long, so always try the longer script first, then the shorter as the backup.

I've also posted at the AOU frontpage regarding the new website.
    Think I've figured it out. I always tested the script in Vicinity before and had absolutely no feedback from the game about it. Having just tried it in OOC, it worked. At last! Anyone know the char limit for Vicinity or if there another reason why this script has no effect?

Thanks!
    The Red Brotherhood

The script limitation actually refers to OOC channel, vicinity has no such limit that I'm aware of.

You need to have System messages on a chat window to see the notification that the script it too large.

Quote Originally Posted by Arriviste View Post
    Think I've figured it out. I always tested the script in Vicinity before and had absolutely no feedback from the game about it. Having just tried it in OOC, it worked. At last! Anyone know the char limit for Vicinity or if there another reason why this script has no effect?

Thanks!
    The second script automaticly goes to OT OOC and Clan OOC, so you can't use it in vicinity (doesn't matter chat channel you select).

If it's the first script you're talking about (or one that doesn't have /g ChannelNameHere at the start) I wouldn't know what the issue is.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast