Thread: Just a thought about kippur wepons

Question Just a thought about kippur wepons

I dont know if this has already been brought up but here are my thoughts:

As i think about keepers i see them as a class that highly depends on normal attacks and less upon specials. But in the recent weapon implements keepers have been getting Enforcer hand me downs. Why not extend the Excalibur line further down into the 220 range. This would greatly help keepers by providing them with hard hitting normals which this class is known for. Not a sub par alpha that we currently have. Also this would help accommodate the upcoming changes to parry/ riposte.

P.S. the Excalibur looks badass.

Also anybody else fill free to add ur own ideas or thoughts to this thread.

Yes, we want more from the sword that shoots bullets from from the tip!
    Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
    And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

Excal line is only good for PVM, and, its only good for PVM in a crit setup with low AC mobs.

This weapon is pathetic in PVP 99% of the time.

There are literally 2 profs which you could ever hope to kill with a weapon like this when the weapon is equippable: enfs and engies. And, you won't EVER kill an enf with this weapon. with 6k AC's (if a enf doesn't have 6k AC's he needs to reroll), you'll be hitting for 500ish PVP damage and 1k crits. honestly, nothing to write home about. Now, no fast attack, no brawl... Enf won't even have started using his defences by the time he's flattened you.

Engies, ok. yes you will have a decent chance, but, that doesn't mean the chance is any worse with a weap with specials.

Extend this to TL7 and you've got only an exaccerbated problem.

To the OP, you have a decent idea, but, your implementation is faulty. What you should be asking for (imo) is higher max damage keeper weapons.

For example, instead of 313-350(313)
    Or whatever the ofab weaps are,

we could have slightly better RK damage by increasing the max damage, but leaving min where it is:

313-500(313)

Now, we can hit aliens (and AC debuffed SL mobs) a bit harder, and, it won't be OP'd in PVP, unless we're hitting someone with really low AC's, in which case they'll probably have very good evades and it's not OP'd anyway - since the hit % won't be affected.

Now, the weap will still be useful in PVP, but, it'll get a bit of the PVM love that the excal line is ok for.

I don't think much needs to be done with the weapons themselves. I would rather see keepers get more interesting ways to use the weapons, which would set them apart from 2HE enfos alot more. The Fury/wrath attack is an example of that (To bad it currently sucks) and hopefully Parry /Riposte will add to that. How cool would it be for a keeper to get 2HE weapon attacks like MA users get items to do special attack? Overall, the 2HE weapons are pretty decent. If normal damage is made to matter more, then there could be some calls to adjust typical 2HE max damage values.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    How cool would it be for a keeper to get 2HE weapon attacks like MA users get items to do special attack?
    very interesting.

do you have an example to back up this idea with?

Personally, I would love to see some swordsman-esque special attacks based on stuff like strength, body dev, 2he skill, fast attack or parry.

eg.

Joust

NODROP

Skill locked on use: strength 120 seconds

Damage 250
    Damage 250
    Damage 750
    Moves opponent 3m in run direction.

Jousting was a crucial aspect of knighthood. Jousting is a combat between two mounted knights tilting against each other with blunted lances. With this attack the keeper charges his opponent with the blunt side of his sword, in doing so the target is pushed back 3 meters and takes some damage.

check: 2HE+AAO vs evade close+AAD