Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fixer Nano Document - April 6th, 2011 [OUTDATED]

Quote Originally Posted by Galilei View Post
    I doubt level 216 fixer can self cast Escape Peril nano. The nanoskill reqs are taken from SL "Slip of..." evade nanos. I haven't been using Slip of Mind nano due to its high nanoskill requirements - I can self cast it after I swap on some 8 items that buff nanoskills total of 400+ points...
    i just swap beast helm/alba hud for it o-o. bit annoying but lasts most of the bs round...

After having played since '06 I finally got my first toon to 220 this August, and it's my favorite prof, a fixer. It was plenty of work, as it's meant to be, and I was pretty excited, but it's a bit sad to see that while my fixer (admittedly not endgame, but isn't there room for non-wtf-ubers in the game too?) can't survive against pretty much any prof in BS except maybe a doc (not to mention the 5% chance of actually getting 1 kill in a BS round), we're losing a *lot* of dodge, and our other survival techniques - NCU root remover every 10s, debuff removers, HoTs, roots/snares (which rarely land anyways) - are also being nerfed considerably. And, of course, the AS nerf removes the only damage that I could rely on, and it was shaky at best (1k-10k every 11s). Basically, what's going to happen to my TL7? Will I be viable at all after rebal? Not sure I want to spend the amount of time getting to 220 and gathering gear all over again. I know this sounds rather whiny, but I am a little worried. It's been a number of months and it would be good to see the current updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post

Program Override: Consider offering scaling effects & defensive check off B&E?
    Take it from someone who has played a fixer since release... Do not do this.

While the idea behind it sounds plausible, "Breaking into someones NCU to override their programs", this is just a horrible plan. You want to add a TradeSkilling element to a PvP-only nano?

TradeSkill should not have any place in PvP; except an engi perhaps.

From a fixer standpoint, my only wish (at least at TL 7), is to have %-based HoT's for short HoT and procs. Most PvP fixers go low HP so that they can heal up quicker, which makes it rough to do PvM and vice versa. PvM fixers don't understand why they die so easily in PvP. Doing %-based HoTs would fix both of these, allowing PvM fixers to PvP and PvP fixers to wear +HP gear to PvM.

-Bluecheeze

I disagree. The general idea was include tradeskills to prof recommendations more. And you not wanting to spend ip somewhere else is just no reason not to do this. I think it's a great idea, ofc it has to be balanced with the ip needed for nanoskills etc. But fixer's not skilling b/e is just as stupid as engi's not skilling me/ee because they "pvp". Reworking the requirments for your toolset to fix all these toons that are just logged and can't actually be played is a pure thumbs up, and i really see no reason why that needs discussion.

B&E is not a "tradeskill" , its just a "thiefskill", we are hackers, so B&E should be in our PVP toolset.

DUDE take it easy!
    Try to READ and not just read!
    All i wanted to say was that we are hackers and B&E is a hacker skill and why not use it as a PVP tool.
    In 2005 when i started to play AO i knew nothing about breeds or professions.I choosed Fixer because i liked the description of this profession.Of course later i found that this professions is not really a hacker professions.
    Of course , using B&E as a PVP skill is my opinion, yours not so lets make something constructive from this one

Many Engies use ME in attack skills.

It's what brings me from 2800 AR to 3200.

Many people use chemistry in their attack skills.

Many people use strength (FS)

Many people use int+psych (CA)

Lots of people use concealment and perception.

Lots of people use Riposte

Some of these aren't particularly combat related, but become combat related due to the checks used.

So you don't want B+E in the toolset? why not? Too tight on IP already? maybe it's because you're forcing the number of specials used to overload your IP expenditures... FA, AS, FS are all blue. Do you really need all those? I thought fixer was a support prof, not a WTF hellraiser offense prof.

I have to say Phixa have a point in what she say, but then McKnuck is right too.
    Anyway i still believe we should have B&E as a PVP skill.Dont make it too powerful to start cries from everyone else but not that weak to be ignored.Those with more imagination can come with good ideas.
    Sry for the bad english (Google translate )

Having B/E as an attack skill on some nanos would be nice, but the IP template sub level 100 is badly screwed and getting worse if the proposed changes will make it to live :/
    Last edited by Fekal; Jul 31st, 2012 at 09:48:35. Reason: typo
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

Quote Originally Posted by Fekal View Post
    Having B/E as an attack skill on some nanos would be nice, but the IP template sub level 100 is badly screwed and getting worse if the proposed changes will make it to live :/
    I'm levling an advy righ tnow, and I'll tell you that Advy IP template is hella tight sub 100 as well.

But advies sub 100 were never a force to be reckoned with, sooo, maybe this is just a impetus to roll a different toon?

or just use a different weapon?

i'm not supporting it or talking it down. I am just noting that other professions as well can only use half their toolset sub 100 as well.

If I put any IP into MM or MC sub 100 on an advy, it's over. I can only afford EC, but not DR as well. go figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    And I see no need for tradeskills to be needed for anything other than crafting. Most have no interest in crafting, and therefore have no interest or need to bother with tradeskills.
    Yes, and they want their imps cleared by someone else. Their AI armor built by someone else. Etc. Let the others mess up their ip for tradeskilling. (or do you honestly believe there is just one person that finds it oh so awesome to do your tradeskill work?) You know, there's a word for that sort of world view. Asocial.

I think the only reason you freak out like that is because you're afraid you gotta dump extra ip into it that you can now spend somewhere else. But maybe that ain't the plan? Maybe it's instead of...say skilling pm for fixers? All you do is speculate. And end up dissatisfied with what you came up with.

Instead of nagging, try to be constructive. Makes it easier not just for you.

On another note:

1.what's the advantage of EXEC ncu_recompile over wake up call?
    2.why keep the concealment buff?
    3.i see no point in splitting the weapon buffs into weapon skill, special skill and multiwield. mr - okay, don't need that running all the time. but is it really necessary to have two buffs for the weapon?
    4.also, we don't need two runspeed buff lines. if you rework everything i think it would be a good idea to get rid of this nonsense. i know auras are sl and buffs arent. don't care.
    5.for god's sake, make all 3 hots % based. at least the highest one.
    6.is it really intentional that we automatically buff everyone with everything top notch except weapon buffs and one hot line?
    7.also, fixers need to become unhitable again imo, so aad/evade boost would be necessary to revive the profession
    8.15% root/snare resist? really? that's all?
    9.we're a kiting profession. given the new durations and cooldowns we'll be spaming snares and roots alternatingly like madmen. maybe that's what the nanodelta in supp feet is for? all the nano init in th ebuffs and procs? seriously though. we can't shoot and run, we can't cast and run. nontheless we need to do exactly that every couple of seconds. does that really make sense? maybe keep the durations but give fixers the ability to run and cast/shoot...with increased interrupt mod, decreased nano init and decreased ar or something. then it could actually work.

get rid of aimed shot already. i have no idea why fc patched in the noob pistol. but nts are to be our nemesis, that's just fair, but we should not be easy hits for everyone.

that's it for now

edit: did you sneaky ehum...sneakers take ga5 away from us! Shame on you!
    Last edited by Xootch; Sep 16th, 2012 at 14:44:48.

why wait for re-balance to put in all of these features when they could make a world of difference putting them in now. such as the team SL run speed buffs and ncu buffs, team hot, etc. don't need the updated numbers, that's clearly understandable to hold out on that until everyone gets updated buffs and such, but a lot of the things in these documents could be implemented now and make life a whole lot easier.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

oh great driveby professional, what would we do if changes hit live like this nao?

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    oh great driveby professional, what would we do if changes hit live like this nao?
    weep openly and reroll enfo.

listen to the man!

btw could you push for ecm to remove aao/aad drains and more importantly, drain procs?

hello? swag in da house!?

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    btw could you push for ecm to remove aao/aad drains and more importantly, drain procs?
    while it would be nice to have both a reason to perk ECM and a more robust system for dealing wit htraders (aside from MR+alpha), without knowing how traders will behave after the systems changes it's hard to push for fixer toolsets to combat trader debuffs. also, since as far as i can tell the system changes have been put on hold until engine/npe are out the door there will be no changes to fixer perks for the forseeable future.

tl;dr: probably, but not any time soon

(actually, i'd like to see aao/aad/proc/nanite drain removals added to wakeup call instead of ECM, but that's just me)
    Last edited by Lazy; Jun 19th, 2013 at 15:08:31.

yeah, but wake up would be op, considering you can spam it nonstop...but its just nonsense you perk ecm and are stuck with a long debuff nomatter what. but thanks for the reply. keep fighting the good fight lazy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234