Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iMongo fearing instead of taunting (maybe)

iMongo fearing instead of taunting (maybe)

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but I'm noticing that using iMongo is acting like a fear instead of a taunt.

Scenarios:

- Croaker in an inferno mission (no line of sight issue though teammates said 'oh maybe it was a door LoS problem)

- Somphos Logee in inferno near Dark Marshes. Flat land, no obstructions. This happened several times while I was DOJA farming. I would mongo, the mob I was attacking would aggro (obviously) the add would drop aggro and walk the other way (or in some cases run).

I'm new to the enforcer profession and just dinged 215 a day or so ago so hadn't been using iMongo prior. I know that my regular RK mongo wasn't having that problem. I am not sure if it is something with 18.5 or not.

I've tried checking weapons/gear to see if any of them have some sort of fear proc but can't find anything.

Anyone have any ideas?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Pathing. Just horrible, horrible pathing.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Scenarios: ... inferno...
    You would be amazed how many invisible 'blocks' in inf are recognized as unreacheable by mobs and makes then run to their previous place.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Mobs are just "stupid" if i for example hit a somphros (it's certanly not limited to those mobs, but a good example) with a debuff (that causes no damage)
    like http://www.xyphos.com/ao/aodb.php?id=99113 from MP
    from afar it WILL most likely run around as it was feared, but if i instead hit it with a nuke that actually does damage this will never happen, it will aggro the mob the way it's supposed to happen.

And since they removed the damage part on mongo i'm guessing this is exactly what's happening.
    It does not seem to have to do with LOS in this case since i can reproduce it no matter how the geometry is/looks like.
    Sounds like a bug to me and fc should read this and move it to the bugs section.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gbr-DDjMp8
    similar results even on red mobs.. it's borked! lol

Yep, that's exactly what I was experiencing... didn't think I was crazy..

I was going to do a video of it but hadn't gotten around to it.. thank you.
    You can find me at:

Hmmmm. Bug material!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink

Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with

I just started an enfo and the first mongo in SL makes everything around me run away in fear. I mean literally in an open field of Hiaths or Crips or Preds. Everything just runs away and doesnt engage in combat.

Yes im using mongo not fear and no there isnt any line of sight issues when 7+ hiaths around you just run in the opposite direction

And yes - I am in level range of the mobs and they are 'green/yellow' to me.

Defo bugged.

18.5.1 patchnotes: mongo is now an aoe fear

(:

There's a special made nerf-table for SL mobs.

Here when you taunt --> you fear...
    When SL mob's try to hit you ---> the mob heal's you

on and on and on... no this was it..

It's bugs liek this that I use /pet Hunt for.

Owait, not any more!

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

at a guess it is a failed back door attempt of not holding agro on greys, to kill pocket tanking

Quote Originally Posted by Borken View Post
    at a guess it is a failed back door attempt of not holding agro on greys, to kill pocket tanking
    I was wondering about too.. like they put the mechanic in but somehow screwed up the level range when the 'fear' affect kicks in. I don't have this problem at all on orange or red mobs.. only on greens so far that I can tell.
    You can find me at:

Might try using the iMongo on rk at borgs to see if it is SL specific or the nano itself changed?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

So after making a few short tests, my general impression is that there's some weird stuff going on with both AOE and single (nano) taunting of green mobs, in the Shadowlands at least. Maybe more testing would show it on Rubi-ka but i couldn't get it to happen.

• In a Neutral backyard, grey mobs taunted fine with imongo and single taunts.
    • In Mort, all grey cyborgs taunted fine with iMongo and single taunts.
    • In Perpetual Wastelands all green cyborgs taunted fine with iMongo and single taunts..
    • In Inferno near Afreet Ellis, 4 green Malah-Fama ran away on first mongo, when they warped back, 3 of them attacked me and one would not no matter how much i taunted it; after about 2 minutes it finally attacked me. I have no idea if taunts were really landing effectively or not even when they were attacking me, since no one else was with me to to try and pull aggro away by doing damage.
    • At Tyro Beasthandler in Inferno, 2 of the green Beasthandler Trainees I had on me would fear away (also a couple Hiathlans I think), then warp back, and consistently fear again. At the end of the fight, only one would fear away from iMongo. Improved Element of Malice also feared them away.
    • Random Inferno mobs like Anansi Cosset would (sometimes) fear away from iMongo, and Improved Element of Malice as well. Once the mob finally aggroed me it seemed inconsistent whether or not the mob would stay taunted on me or end up running away again.
    • I could not get any red mob in Shadowlands to fear on taunt, but I didn't spend too much time on it.

Taunts have always been kind of flaky since I've been playing but there's some added new flakiness now for sure.

I could not get taunt perks to fear anything, but I'm thinking that since they didn't cause the 1 point of taunt damage that the nano taunts used to, they used some kind of different taunt method and so (maybe) still work.

All of this might be a weird coincidence, but I think Nanoforcer's post is pretty accurate, in Shadowlands anyhow. His post seems especially interesting, because I personally always tank knowing my first taunt might go into a "black hole" and not count for any taunt value, unless it I first "wake up" the mob with a perk or weapon hit. That's not always the case but I have noticed it happening on occasion in the past, so I tank expecting it. Maybe now since taunts are not doing any damage, the chance to a mob to not "wake up" when taunted is greater. I dunno though, since a few times a taunt feared a mob away even after it knew I was there, was hitting me, and had taken damage from my shields.

Seems like our nano taunts were broken somewhere in the attempt at making characters even more overpowered by allowing +damage stuff to add to nukes & perks, I'm not sure what other reason there was to be mucking about with how taunts worked but who knows.

On a kinda related note, I really miss the 1 point of damage spam that we used to have. Not only was it handy for being able to tell how many mobs in a cluster a Mongo actually landed on, it was very cool for seeing when taunt procs executed. I don't know how many other Enforcers paid attention to that kind of spam but I tended to keep an eye on it.
    Last edited by Biancha; Jun 30th, 2012 at 05:55:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Biancha View Post
    On a kinda related note, I really miss the 1 point of damage spam that we used to have. Not only was it handy for being able to tell how many mobs in a cluster a Mongo actually landed on, it was very cool for seeing when taunt procs executed. I don't know how many other Enforcers paid attention to that kind of spam but I tended to keep an eye on it.
    I do too, Bia. Mostly in s42 where ****loads of vectors and larvaes can hide in the zerg. I use iMongo 1 dd to see if there are vectors around ^^ And count mobs for sure

Have the enfo professionals spoken to any devs about this yet and if so, have you heard back?

This is super annoying.. especially as a new enfo. Pretty much I no longer use mongo and just use iMalice at this point because iMongo is super unreliable.

This is a key part of the enfo toolset that is broken.. I'd think some priority would be placed on it.. kinda like if a doctor all of a sudden cast a heal that did 0 healing 70% of the time.
    You can find me at:

But have you seen this behavior on red mobs/s42? it's seems cool for me there at least.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    But have you seen this behavior on red mobs/s42? it's seems cool for me there at least.
    No I have not seen this behavior happen on red mobs or in Sector 42. And it happens randomly everywhere else.

Sure, if I get 5 or 6 adds solo, iMongo and they fear I guess that can be convenient at times. But when I'm doing something, in a team, and want to get aggro from a group of mobs, I want to be able to hit iMongo and have it work.. not have people grab aggro because I'm in recharge from a failed iMongo attempt.

I'll forgo the 'cool' part so that my toolset works properly.
    You can find me at:

No I have not seen this behavior happen on red mobs or in Sector 42. And it happens randomly everywhere else.
    I still have not been able to make this happen on Rubi-Ka, only in the Shadowlands (with Mongo and single taunts), and only on mobs that are green to me. I don't really fight green mobs that often though so I haven't had many chances to run across the bug. Still haven't seen it on red mobs at all.

Under the right circumstances, taunts definitely seem more broken than usual.

I'll forgo the 'cool' part so that my toolset works properly.
    Given my experience with how sometimes-unpredictably weird taunts have always behaved, I would not be too surprised if this never gets fixed. We may just have to suck it up and consider it a "random-chance of X happening" or something. Welcome to being an Enforcer :|
    Last edited by Biancha; Jul 5th, 2012 at 19:22:28.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast