Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blinds/Follow and Removal/Smoothing of bridge and ramp areas around core.

Blinds/Follow and Removal/Smoothing of bridge and ramp areas around core.

Anyone else think follow should be disabled upon blinds?

yes, and no. but mostly yes.
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

Yes, on the condition there are enough options and items in game to make sure all TL's can achieve at least 60% blind resist, and, the length of blinds are reduced to less than 65 seconds, and FM's work on blinds.

Otherwise, it's melee stomp Online
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; May 27th, 2011 at 08:40:36.

Ah yeah give anyone with a blind perk/nano auto-win vs any melee prof, sounds nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    There are numbers that get through the UI, over the blind black screen, that would still get a person an easy way to follow a person, would follow ever get disabled by a blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Ah yeah give anyone with a blind perk/nano auto-win vs any melee prof, sounds nice.
    so everyone ?

I agree with the OP.

Unless you make the ability to follow while blind based on perception and then claim that your Enfo/MA is smelling my BO!

Blinds are annoying as hell though...

Aren't they removing all blind effects anyway
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Yeah, but if they remove blind effects then blinds become pretty much useless.

If players can still see what's going on around them while blinded, then they should be blocked from using /follow, /assist, and TAB.

Please don't take away my dearest tool! i wanna follow the ****(insert own word)head that keeps on blinding me!

A small multiple choice there. hope u get it right oO
    NO U

Quote Originally Posted by Kuyt View Post
    Please don't take away my dearest tool! i wanna follow the ****(insert own word)head that keeps on blinding me!

A small multiple choice there. hope u get it right oO
    Ok, your only allowed to use /follow for Enforcers!

Did I guess right? ><

Give me a map on BS and I could care less about /follow while blind.

Also, blinds should make Aimed Shot impossible if /follow is impossible. I can close my eyes and follow someone in real life if they are noisy from shooting things or using tools, but I sure as hell would not be able to snipe someone from 40 meters away with my eyes closed lol.

So bump, but I have a feeling the OP will no longer support this.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    make sure all TL's can achieve at least 60% blind resist,
    GTFO

the length of blinds are reduced to less than 65 seconds,
    Which blinds last 65+ seconds? as an NT i assure you ours last 25 at the most.

and FM's work on blinds.
    Ill agree to this if blinds are made more effective AKA not just a grief tool.
    Vitaliy - 220/30 NM NT
    Vitiate - 220/30 Soli Crat
    Paralympics - 220/30 NM Agent
    Vitx - 150/20 Opi Tarder

Paradise & Parasite

Blinds are stupid, not fun and they should be removed, or replaced with some other tools.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Blinds are stupid, not fun and they should be removed, or replaced with some other tools.
    that
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

the length of blinds are reduced to less than 65 seconds, and FM's work on blinds.
    Bump! Please increase the duration of blinds to 65 seconds!
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    They are going to cut duration for all blinds to 4-6 seconds in pvp.
    So players must not be allowed to use follow, maps, tab, compass and should lose their ability to use all offencive skills while they are blinded.
    If FC do it, it will be like a stun with 2 difference:
    1. It will not affect defence skills (players are able to use heals and all defence perks when they are blinded).
    2. Full disorientation. (atm players can run away and follow you as well when they're blinded, becouse they can use map, compass, follow, tab).
    Last edited by Alceona; Jun 14th, 2011 at 08:57:15.
    Nemezyda PvP/DD/Solo PVM/tradeskill engineer.
    Nemezyda's Top Craft with low IP cost Guide.
    Nemezyda's Implants Assembling Guide
    Alceona Ordinary MP.
    Baldhead He has a shiny baldhead.
    Lucepher 220 Enfo
    Cyborgwizard 200 NT

Quote Originally Posted by Alceona View Post
    They are going to cut duration for all blinds to 4-6 seconds in pvp.
    So players must not be allowed to use follow, maps, tab, compass and should lose their ability to use all offencive skills while they are blinded.
    If FC do it, it will be like a stun with 2 difference:
    1. It will not affect defence skills (players are able to use heals and all defence perks when they are blinded).
    2. Full disorientation. (atm players can run away and follow you as well when they're blinded, becouse they can use map, compass, follow, tab).
    Ignoring the fact that NT's or engies would be able to shutdown entire raids with a single AOE blind with this sort of suggestion, would you actually try to argue that blinds should be this powerful for any legitimate reason?

If blinds could do this much, then my enforcer and MA fear should set a player's defensive levels to 0 so I can just instantly alpha anyone. Then crats would be able to set entire raids worth of players to 0 defense, which would be excellent.

blinds should have a 1 minute cooldown... at least
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

blind are nice, sorry.
    it's probably the only game with a REAL blind (black screen), and not only a crappy fog around your head.
    it makes the game more realistic (way of speaking ofc).

problem about blinds isn't the black screen, it's the (broken ?) NR check, spammable blinds (wtf seriously, add a cooldown on these... a separate cooldown for single / aoe maybe (higer cd on aoe of course)), and some stupid mechanics like /follow.

you're blind, you can't follow

but hell yes, add a cooldown on these nanos, or at least some immunity (like ofab calm) so we can play some BS without being PERMA BLIND.

fix for PVP (only ) : remove TAB, /follow and /assit and learn to play.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jun 16th, 2011 at 22:45:38. Reason: removed obscenities

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast