Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 1hb/1he enfos

They weren't saying it competes with it, god you are retarded. They are saying it's viable. Just like melee advies are still viable but almost no one is melee since ranged is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    They did remove the nano recharge from MA attacks recently, that was a pretty big change for MAs, they changed GTH, BR, stun procs. Why would it be such an issue to fix other glaring issues like enfs and ranged advies?
    This is a good point but only if you consider more about those changes. Those changes either added something that was necessary for a profession, or removed unnecessary things that proved overpowered. What players are asking for is not just a working lockout of the 1he and 1hb perks, but further nerfs to the 1hb perks themselves.

The 1he/1hb combination can fail, and it frequently does. If this combination is so overpowered yet also has the capability of failing, then the defenses in which it fails against would be equally or moreso overpowered than those perk options. Nerfing an overpowered offense without nerfing other overpowered defenses is not balancing, it is merely asking for a profession to become cannon fodder.

Every profession has an aspect which can be abused either offensively or defensively and all of them need to be changed at once or you will do absolutely nothing. You make enforcers unplayable, then people will move to the next overpowered profession. You nerf that one then players will move again.

AO only has viable choices now because most professions can abuse something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    I'd just like to point out to you as my so-called "Professional" that the reason 1hb perks are superior to 2hb perks is the special actions attached to them (i.e. the init debuff on crush bone and the free stun on BTP that costs you nothing to perk for) and the retardedly fast recharge and low check on the best perk in the line.

1he perks are nothing special at all except for the fast recharges and ability to use SA, which is entirely unnecessary. Which brings us to why someone could be viable with 2hb without using MR (towers probably mandatory):

Hammer and Anvil adds 90 more AR without having to use MR and that can be enough to perk some evaders w/ Champion perks. And don't forget this perk that never misses ... ever ... even fully drained and blinded.
    It could be viable, but it is not. The damage simply is not there from 2hb. It needs sneak attack as a minimum to be a viable option.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    It could be viable, but it is not. The damage simply is not there from 2hb. It needs sneak attack as a minimum to be a viable option.
    This is not true.

You can believe it as much as you want, but you CAN kill people with other setups. Remember how it used to work before the mega-OP 1hb/1he came out? Yeah... It still works. It requires Manners of Mongo though, and you chaps likely never thought of that.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    2. SA from 1HE (which you state is entirely unnecessary, even though it's the PRIMARY reason people go with 1HB/1HE setup)

BTW, just out of curiosity ... are you 2HB? Have MR? I can assure you that the extra AR being 2HB does not enable a 2HB setup to compete with 1HB/1HE unless that 2HB user has MR to ensure that his reduced perk damage counts by making EVERY perk land.
    What I was pointing out, you stupid troll, is /easymode Enforcers like yourself NEED all that fancy crap to kill someone. SA is ENTIRELY unnecessary with 1hb perks. It's like adding vanilla frosting to vanilla cake. I compete just fine without it.

And FYI I do use 2hb and no I'm not Trox. I'm NM and I need the extra AR. And in case you were wondering I use Dbear for pvp for the -200 AAD proc. Just means I have to be a bit smarter than my opponent and wait for my opportunities, which apparently you are not because your only recourse seems to be to bash that perk bind key, bash it some more and keep bashing it until something magical happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    SOFC swap. SA. Viable. Supernova swap. AS. Viable. Lightsaber swap. SA. Viable. PE swap. SA. Viable. It's like you all forgot how to hotswap when you switched to 1hb/1he.
    Last edited by Kopecz; Jun 7th, 2011 at 16:55:17.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    What I was pointing out, you stupid troll, is /easymode Enforcers like yourself NEED all that fancy crap to kill someone. SA is ENTIRELY unnecessary with 1hb perks. It's like adding vanilla frosting to vanilla cake. I compete just fine without it.

And FYI I do use 2hb and no I'm not Trox. I'm NM and I need the extra AR. And in case you were wondering I use Dbear for pvp for the -200 AAD proc. Just means I have to be a bit smarter than my opponent and wait for my opportunities, which apparently you are not because your only recourse seems to be to bash that perk bind key, bash it some more and keep bashing it until something magical happens.

SOFC swap. SA. Viable. Supernova swap. AS. Viable. Lightsaber swap. SA. Viable. PE swap. SA. Viable. It's like you all forgot how to hotswap when you switched to 1hb/1he.
    I don't think you follow the conversation here or making any sense ... The debate isn't about if 2HB is viable. It is. I use it. It works just as you say it does. The discussion is whether it competes with 1HE/1HB setups. It doesn't, at all, unless you have MR to ensure the good things you get with 2HB happen, like landing the Dbear proc or your big damage perk. It's simple and if you deny it, you're doing it on purpose.

Furthermore, if you are swapping on a 2HB setup to SA in your toolset, your ALREADY behind when competing with a setup that DOESN'T need to swap for access to SA. Thanks for that further reminder of why 2HB doesn't compete with 1HB/1HE. More contradictions like this and I might as well just move over so you can talk my position as professional because your vast wealth of knowledge is overwhelming.

Not only are you securing your position for running as next Enfo prof, your doing a bang up job following a conversation you jumped halfway into.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 7th, 2011 at 18:35:10.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    They weren't saying it competes with it, god you are retarded. They are saying it's viable. Just like melee advies are still viable but almost no one is melee since ranged is much better.
    Then they are being retarded for not following the discussion. I can't help if people aren't capable of reading. I only claimed that 2HB can't compete with a 1HB/1HE setup unless it ensures it lands it's perks whenever someone needs them because of reasons like I posted before. I know it's viable, I never said it wasn't. . That's not the question.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 7th, 2011 at 18:37:05.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    More contradictions like this and I might as well just move over so you can talk my position as professional because your vast wealth of knowledge is overwhelming.

Not only are you securing your position for running as next Enfo prof, your doing a bang up job following a conversation you jumped halfway into.
    It cracks me up that you can't get through a single post without telling someone how stupid they are, how brilliant you are, and how no one on earth can do the job you do. Insecure much? Perhaps you're trying to overcompensate for something. It's ok, we here at the AO forums understand your deficiencies and will continue to point them out to you on a daily basis. It's really the kind and loving thing to do on our part to ensure the quality of our "professionals." We understand you weren't trained for this position whatsoever and feel that you need the guidance of the entire community in order to perform your tasks in a manner we see fit.

For one on one consultations you can contact real, seasoned forum winners including: Quieter456, SultryVoltron, Xuan, Aeythrguard or Hacre.

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by Players Sick of Your Crap, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Funcom employee

Wow.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456