Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Auras and Flags

he actually stated it's a broken game mechanic, thus claiming FC intended it not to flag people. Obtena aint a smartass, but actually reading what was typed.

bottom line is : if you don't wanna get flagged, cancel your aura. It's how they work and if you forget it, well better luck next time.
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Sigh... he's not talking about FCs inentions smartass, he's saying the player with the offensive aura didn't intend to participate in pvp.
    Well, I don't intend on PVPing when I'm doing PVM stuff in 25% gas either. I guess FC need to remove 25% gas when we are PVMing in those areas as well?
    Last edited by Obtena; Aug 29th, 2011 at 16:59:42.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Engis have to kill their pet to avoid getting flagged too with aoe snare?
    (this is a question, not a statement, since i dont play engi)

Quote Originally Posted by badorde View Post
    Engis have to kill their pet to avoid getting flagged too with aoe snare?
    (this is a question, not a statement, since i dont play engi)
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=204372
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    No. It still shouldn't flag the player and I see no reason for it to. It's obvious your only reason for saying no to this is because you enjoy griefing players that has said auras running. The only thing this system do is discourage players to use a part of their toolset in fear of being flagged in locations where they shouldn't be flagged.

Name one good reason for it to stay the way it is now.
    1. If this is changed, we can no longer gank the pathetic ely kite team NT's. Or their OST's.
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    Does that remove the snare aura that engis can cast on their pets? Pretty sure that was what he was talking about.

That being said, I'm against offensive auras not flagging people with the current system since it would mean that people with offensive auras could "pocket-debuff" flagged people without getting flagged themselves. Maybe if it's possible to change the system so the debuff doesn't land at all if the caster isn't already flagged.
    This.
    Hazed Hematuria 220/30 Solitus Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Joralf View Post
    Does that remove the snare aura that engis can cast on their pets? Pretty sure that was what he was talking about.
    /facepalm..

yes it does.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Just add a /carebear ingame command. In carebear mode, you:

* are unable to attack or execute offensive nanos on other players or towers
    * are immune to attack from other players or towers
    * can't join BS, enter the tara dungeon, or send/receive duel requests
    * and best of all: your name is pink with hearts around it, a bit like the blue name in /rp mode.

Include sensible restrictions on turning carebear mode on or off, such as some reasonable timeout/delay and "can't be under attack or in lower than 75% gas".

The worst part: I'm half serious
    Hlep gnak!

Does anyone that disagree actually have a profession that runs hostile auras as a part of their toolset?

Quote Originally Posted by Redbar View Post
    Just add a /carebear ingame command. In carebear mode, you:

* are unable to attack or execute offensive nanos on other players or towers
    * are immune to attack from other players or towers
    * can't join BS, enter the tara dungeon, or send/receive duel requests
    * and best of all: your name is pink with hearts around it, a bit like the blue name in /rp mode.

Include sensible restrictions on turning carebear mode on or off, such as some reasonable timeout/delay and "can't be under attack or in lower than 75% gas".

The worst part: I'm half serious
    Funny, but a bit extreme :P

That being said, I'm against offensive auras not flagging people with the current system since it would mean that people with offensive auras could "pocket-debuff" flagged people without getting flagged themselves. Maybe if it's possible to change the system so the debuff doesn't land at all if the caster isn't already flagged.
    Of course, the change would inidicate that the auras doesn't land at all unless a condition mentioned in the first post is met So the suggested change would not allow people to land hostile auras without being flagged, be in gas or be in a duel.

Quote Originally Posted by Joralf View Post
    Indeed it does, but I do think that one should be without an 8 second recharge or possibly target both pets instead of 1.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

@Otansaanpas

Sorry my bad, for some when I opend the link I though it was Pet Attention and didn't read anymore :P

Bump for the OP.

Also, casting mongo or AoE should not get you flagged.

Nothing more annoying than being mid-kite or mongoing aliens in a city raid and some idiot flagged agent in sneak comes up and starts sniping you.

Well that is banable. So by making it banable, FC has admitted it is a problem.
    If its a problem, it should be solved.
    FC dont ban ppl if it is working as intended.

I think it's fine to leave it how it is. They shouldn't change the game mechanic since it's already perfectly easy to rclick the auras out of your if you want them off. If you want them on.. leave them on. If you want them off? Turn them off! You can make that choice yourself and AO shouldn't make the choice for you.

Just don't do what you did to engi pet snare auras and have them automatically cancel on zone, cause that's SUPER annoying, especially in BS. Shouldn't have to recast a 2hr nano every 5 mins when you die inside BS. While we're on this subject please make that not cancel on zoning, no other offensive auras do, and it even has a remover nano! <- this is AO making that choice for us and 99% of the time I disagree with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    Does anyone that disagree actually have a profession that runs hostile auras as a part of their toolset?
    *engineer*

Quote Originally Posted by badorde View Post
    Well that is banable. So by making it banable, FC has admitted it is a problem.
    If its a problem, it should be solved.
    FC dont ban ppl if it is working as intended.
    No, there is a difference there. That is a no-choice situation. Turning of auras and mongoing around guards in cities is a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    No, there is a difference there. That is a no-choice situation. Turning of auras and mongoing around guards in cities is a choice.
    ?? explain plz

What is there to explain ... the difference is pretty obvious. Someone bringing a way to flag you without your knowledge is much different than someone deciding to run a mechanic to get them flagged where they know it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    But it is MY city where I do city raids. And it is MY pet that has a snare aura running and the flagged up toon doesn't even see me because I am hiding behind a building while my pet fights the aliens.

But the flagged toon flags ME just by running near my pet.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

If there was some sort of grace period after duels to allow people to turn that crap off, it'd be nice. Auras are integral for some profs in PVP. Extra AR for engi pets, reflect rippers, blinds, etc. When the duel is over and the dust has settled you can find yourself flagged because some dood wanted to stand there and camp easy points. Giving people an immunity of 10-15 seconds to turn their crap off would be nice.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    If there was some sort of grace period after duels to allow people to turn that crap off, it'd be nice. Auras are integral for some profs in PVP. Extra AR for engi pets, reflect rippers, blinds, etc. When the duel is over and the dust has settled you can find yourself flagged because some dood wanted to stand there and camp easy points. Giving people an immunity of 10-15 seconds to turn their crap off would be nice.
    This.

I love dueling on my crat with that aura, specially if im close 2 death or lost the duel, then some cu*t is in sneak next 2 me with flag waiting for the duel to end, so much fun, guess im the idiot for using my toolset and not being able to cancle it the second the duel ends :S
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast