Thread: Doc returned after long retirement

Doc returned after long retirement

Hello comrades.

After very long retirement (from 2008) I have decided to return. But, all have changed.

Can anyone post a decent perk / equip setup that is good nowadays? PvM use mostly ...

Thanks in advance.
    Wind in the pockets is pushing us to the sky...

Weapon preference? Melee? Ranged? Soloing or healing raids or small team?

I think ranged ... In two days of online I was already told numerous times "Why MBC? Why not pistols?" ...

Soloing / team healing ... raids are the last on the list.

I think some more information would be usefull :

220/17/16, Solitus, Omni

PS. One more question regarding IP distribution... Should I max out all abilities?
    Last edited by Shturman; Sep 3rd, 2011 at 19:40:44.

This is something I bashed up for a friend some time ago, just change clan-only stuff to omni-only gear. Armor is mostly easyish to farm nodrop stuff, nothing really rare or special in weapon tab either, symbs of course take some work to get.
    Weapons out of OE, capped burst, casting every nano there is, about 22,5k HP and 15.5k NP.
    Well-balanced, working setup that can both solo and heal raids.
    Battle "Kitesfear" Hymns Field Marshall
    Arzamas "Reken" Sixteen Supreme Creator
    Bunch of alts

7.62 - One size fits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitesfear View Post
    This is something I bashed up for a friend some time ago, just change clan-only stuff to omni-only gear. Armor is mostly easyish to farm nodrop stuff, nothing really rare or special in weapon tab either, symbs of course take some work to get.
    Weapons out of OE, capped burst, casting every nano there is, about 22,5k HP and 15.5k NP.
    Well-balanced, working setup that can both solo and heal raids.
    Yeah, I think doctor pistols are a safe choice and relatively easy. Two Masterpiece Ancient Bracers might be a little hard since they are unique but Perfected Infused Dust Brigade Bracer is nice for the other wrist. Dust Brigade armor pieces can be pretty useful till you can get armor from Biodome and OFAB pieces. Also they can provide nice nano skills unless you already have good symbiants. People do Dust Brigade runs regularly for buffs so those are quite easy to get while it is a lot harder to get people to do Biodome... unless of course they want the armor or nanos from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    Two Masterpiece Ancient Bracers might be a little hard since they are unique but Perfected Infused Dust Brigade Bracer is nice for the other wrist.
    Oops, corrected. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Bunch of alts

Many thanks, Kitesfear, Crowena... I'll look into this setup and will try to get the items.

Question again : I got full IP reset on my doc. Will it be good idea to do it and allocate IPs from scratch? If yes, as I asked before - should I max out all the abilities?

Setup is in sig if you want a MA alternative. Just have to add shins and drop enhanced nano seeing how you won't need it for pvm.

Go ahead and max all abilities you should have more then enough IP for it. The full IPR is up to you if you feel you need it go ahead, when the rebalance comes you will get another. If you feel you just need to change HW into pistol then go ahead.

idea of full IPR surfaced because ... doc was first char, so there are many small wrongs here and there ... like many IPs thrown into EE etc =)

Because of that, I thought that on 220, full IPR and rearrangement will be not too bad idea.

If you really want to min-max your skills, wait til you have your symbs and most of your armor ready before doing FIPR so you won't end up overspending on skill you won't need any more than necessary.
    On the other hand, the setup I posted should end up with plenty of spare IP, so it won't be necessary if you're not gonna max NP, pharma or something like that for tradeskilling stuff.
    Either way, there's no reason not to use it, as you'll get another one when/if the rebalance comes, and you need to reset at least some skills to swap from HW to pistols, making you strip your toon completely to do so anyway.
    Bunch of alts

I think maxing all the abilities is a good idea and since you need to reset some skills anyway I don't see why not use the full IP reset unless you are truly wanting to optimize your IP spending to a point after getting full equip....

Quote Originally Posted by Shturman View Post
    idea of full IPR surfaced because ... doc was first char, so there are many small wrongs here and there ... like many IPs thrown into EE etc =)

Because of that, I thought that on 220, full IPR and rearrangement will be not too bad idea.
    If you plan to do full IPR, make sure you make your Nano controller Unit first.

Quote Originally Posted by Shturman View Post
    Many thanks, Kitesfear, Crowena... I'll look into this setup and will try to get the items.

Question again : I got full IP reset on my doc. Will it be good idea to do it and allocate IPs from scratch? If yes, as I asked before - should I max out all the abilities?
    I'd say you want to save the IPR until you got the stuff to either equip a full set of QL300 symbs or a full set of Alpha symbiants and near perfect gear.

Sig for a pvp setup

For pvm:
    replace pistols for l/rhand doc ones
    CC for jathos
    Scope for hp hud

Done
    Enfizzle 220/30/70 Enforcer e
    Zdocta 220/30/70 Doctor e
    Nukizzle 220/26/70 NT e
    Engiz 220/30/64 Engineer e

Quick "can't go wrong"-guide for pvm equip:

Xan defense 2500 board, perfect infused dust brigade bracer + masterpiece ancient bracer (or a 5gem hp arul)..

Enhanced Kegern helmet, chest and pants. Ofab sleeves and gloves. Sheffy's ring and a hhab. Cloak of the Reanimated Ranger (looks uugly but is really good). upgrade all symbs as high as you can.

change to pistols and keep 220 mbc for a sec10 twink to make money

Huds and utils, i use:
    alien augmentation device - defence, q300 nano controller unit and research attunement device - stats (+25/1000hp),
    xan-upgraded doc star, infused ancient defender and ... um something else i cannot remember atm

for ncus i'm using the DB1 ncus that add abilities and 200 hp/nano. 3 of those, infused yutto, hardcore ncu and infused viral compiler..

I'll see if i can make an auno for ya later tonight when im on non-blocked internet ;P

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

Quote Originally Posted by Enfizzle View Post
    For pvm:
    replace pistols for l/rhand doc ones
    User peh'wers for HP and nano inits, then you can go more def Need RC to not go OE in my setup, but the mods are still good at 75%. (edit: only cos using alpha right arm not burst imp!)

Quote Originally Posted by Blondenurse View Post
    Cloak of the Reanimated Ranger (looks uugly but is really good).
    Illusionist for pistol, burst, nano skills, nano delta and that sweet sweet +75 nano init ^^

PVM setup for HP/nano init focus in sig.
    Last edited by Manicmouse; Sep 6th, 2011 at 11:19:54.
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    User peh'wers for HP and nano inits, then you can go more def Need RC to not go OE in my setup, but the mods are still good at 75%. (edit: only cos using alpha right arm not burst imp!)

Illusionist for pistol, burst, nano skills, nano delta and that sweet sweet +75 nano init ^^

PVM setup for HP/nano init focus in sig.
    Ooops mixed em up. Yes, illusionist!

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

Many thanks for replies, fellows ... I am working on your suggestions. Already got ahold of Illusionist Robe, Detention Boots, OFAB ring, Perfected Infused DB bracer and some other stuff...

Work is not finished, but I am doing my best =)

Why wait on IPR? Doc has more than enough IP to go around.

My doc's setup is in sig. Geared more towards team/raid but I do solo some. Keeps me on my toes, which is the way I like it.

EDIT. Just realized i never updated back item to RBP...wow.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Sep 8th, 2011 at 19:07:25.
    Because Race Yalm