Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fan art: high-detail female opifex model

Quote Originally Posted by Miru View Post
    Current ingame models are over 10 years old and terrible in terms of texture quality
    That doesn't make em wrong

Could always use the new heads posted on FWM as reference.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Pale enough or not, this is the last I'm touching it.

Moving on.
    Now that is an OPI Nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I am btw sitting on a 100% sRGB colorcorrect monitor.
    Pretty sure that's not very good for it, mate.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhaha i crack myslef up sumtimez lewl

Quote Originally Posted by Gliese View Post
    Now that is an OPI Nice job!
    Ya, I agree. That's coming close to the original shade of an opisex. They're all extremely pale. I'm looking forward to the new opi with the 2 white pig tails on top and the bald head.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Pretty sure that's not very good for it, mate.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhaha i crack myslef up sumtimez lewl
    Oh, you.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Current ingame models are over 10 years old and terrible in terms of texture quality, just for the point :P They wouldn't have any blood circulation in their bodies with that much of a total lack of pigmentation. But I'll take another look at it.
    Don't make the mistake of putting realism over style and fantasy
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Honestly I feel you're being pretty disrespectful now. I made a fun thing that isn't official work and shared it, and your first response is to criticise my approach and stylistic choices even after I've spent a lot of my time out of consideration to alter my work.

I'm just going to duck out of here and stop doing any more of this stuff, thanks. Hope at least someone got some fun out of it.
    Not really. You post something as a direct criticism of the work currently being done by the AO devs. You take some criticism, alter the work, then go "I'm done" which is fine, but then you start using logic to argue that it shouldn't look the way it does. AO takes place 30000 years in the future and you play a race of genetically modified space people who are really more like living computer programs inhabiting disposable flesh and blood bodies. You can't impose logic and reason on an artistic construct.

That was my point.

If you don't respect that, fine, but then you probably shouldn't post direct criticism and not expect to get criticized in return
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Oct 17th, 2011 at 08:56:20.
    The Red Brotherhood

yeah the design is pretty awesome, colouring is off with current opifex's though, but hey cool for something to do in your spare time, wish I took the time to learn stuff like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

I always thought Opis where yellowish, but ofc there is darker ones too. Nice, not sure I like the elvishness...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Honestly I feel you're being pretty disrespectful now. I made a fun thing that isn't official work and shared it, and your first response is to criticise my approach and stylistic choices even after I've spent a lot of my time out of consideration to alter my work.

I'm just going to duck out of here and stop doing any more of this stuff, thanks. Hope at least someone got some fun out of it.
    You should continue posting. Your deviantart gallery has some nice work in it. You are pretty dark though!

Opi critique: A bit of lightness around the eyes and bridge of the nose would do wonders for me. I see opi as having a very light, almost fragile bone structure. Your opi looks great but it just appears a little more sturdy than I imagine them. Still, thumbs up.

And just to think the beating AO devs get every time they do or release something by the community.

I design and construct landscape designs - I have done some beautiful custom work of waterfalls and landscapes and time to time I get my criticism. Sometimes I have work so hard and passionately on something and only to have the client say, ummm can you change it just a bit or " I don't like it"

The client has to live with it. It is for them and not me. I do have some clients that allow me to have free will to do what ever I want. And there are some clients who are better off just hiring a bunch of clowns to do there work or going to home depot planting marigolds, dusty miller, quartz white rocks with red mulch - OH how I hate red mulch with a passion. Any landscaper that use's it needs to find another profession.

Point is if you are going to show you work people will criticize and you have to suck it up.

I have won several awards for my designs and yet there is another half looking at my work saying "WTF".

Alright guys, I took the feedback to heart and repainted the Opi.

Bear with me, my monitors have different settings and she looked too dark on one and too pale on another, and I tried reaching a middle ground here.
    I really like the opifex. she looks a bit wet and sweaty, it's sexy! I think it's true that those in game are generally a bit more pale, but I like these (in my quote) much more! They have enough paleness/greyness/blue-tintish to be rather opifex-like, but are not too pale to make them less attractive.
    Last edited by Edta; Oct 18th, 2011 at 03:51:13.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    but are not too pale to make them less attractive.
    Some of us happen to like marmoreal skin
    The Red Brotherhood

Wow... Those are some nice skins..... *Paying 1bil to figure out how to script them into my visual folder :P *

weird that thighs are that much wider than shoulders.
    might be just an illusion created by that pose or padding in pants :/

looks damn nice nevertheless
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Oct 19th, 2011 at 03:01:59.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

lovely, very much cyber punk. <3
    = Clan Storm Meatshield =

Oddgrim - lvl220 AI:30|LE:70-Enforcer |- Teh Bat-trox! : Equipment
    Kilmeister -lvl220 AI:23|LE:70-Soldier |- Cannonfodder! : Equipment
    Art gallery
    Ao wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    weird that thighs are that much wider than shoulders.
    might be just an illusion created by that pose or padding in pants :/
    While I'm going to add more volume to the jacket shoulders, yes, the model pose makes them look bigger than they are since the legs are slightly spread and the thighs have been modeled quite muscular, on par with the ingame Opifex model. The muscularity is very prominent in side view.

that looks awsome. the pose on the left seems a tad off, something about the upper cheekbones possibly being a little high, and the jaw/chin maybe being a tad wide (comparing to the current AO model), but who am I to judge, yours looks more realistic, and the middle pose is quite amazing. wish you were on the design team for the new engine stuff, looks hawt
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Oct 20th, 2011 at 19:57:58. Reason: just adding a thought to what i said
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Eyes still seem a tad large, looks good otherwise.
    The Red Brotherhood

Texture test. I love working with Zbrush.

Like this so far best.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast