Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rebalance and Engis

Rebalance and Engis

With the rebalance focused on forcing Engis to be more tradeskill-oriented, I would like to see our weaponset modified to reflect these changes. namely, increase the damage output of the QL300 Dreadloch Combat Remodulator TEN FOLD.

since it doesn't have any specials on it, there shouldn't be a problem doing so.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

I'd rather they take all the current plans for us and throw them under a bus, but that's just me.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    I'd rather they take all the current plans for us and throw them under a bus, but that's just me.
    qft

And if you want to make the remod worth a crap, make it have, say, damage equal to the spb/sps at bare minimum and fling/burst. That would give enough damage output to make a couple people feel it + the proc still helps the pets hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

If you want it to do damage like a weapon, it needs a weapon line req.

At that point, why not just say leave it and ask for a new grenade weapon instead?
    Because Race Yalm

ok, geif burst on sloth.
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Farlath View Post
    ok, geif burst on sloth.
    oh, I can fap to the thought of this.
    with the IP saved from no nanoskills, we can sink em into burst and fling, and finally close the DD gap between pistols and grenade.
    Last edited by Xyphos; Oct 22nd, 2011 at 16:14:13.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    with the IP saved from no nanoskills, we can sink em into burst and fling
    *facepalm*

Please stop talking like DD and TS at the same time is currently impossible. IT ISN'T.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Oct 23rd, 2011 at 03:13:36.
    Because Race Yalm

I gotta agree with Major on this one, you can have the both
    of best worlds DD + TS = <3

Never understood why people think you can't do both at the same time
    because if that's the case Major is one hell of a ENGI god!!!

/Worship :P
    Luckystarr ~ Luckyhealz ~ Luckyrepairs ~ Luckycloverz ~ Luckysuffy ~ Luckyemo ~ Luckybuff ~ Lucky ~ Luckysneak ~ Luckybank ~ Luckylucky =^-^=

Im with major on this, current plans should die..
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

/sign with major's idea, I wanna keep my on demand AOE blinds, they are what keep me alive a lot of times. Pet procs ftl. And my engi has never been a TS monkey in any of the 10 years I've played. It would really suck to have to completely hang up the reigns and be completely useless solo in battling against big mobs or PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphisraves View Post
    And my engi has never been a TS monkey in any of the 10 years I've played. It would really suck to have to completely hang up the reigns and be completely useless solo in battling against big mobs or PVP.
    What's this have to do with the rebalance plans? Afaik they aren't making anyone hang up the reigns and become useless in battle.. they're just giving us free tradeskills

its realy not just you.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

actually the majority hates the changes...

Also I hope there is some sensible way they are doing the reset for us, I hate to retwink my 300QL EoE...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Also I hope there is some sensible way they are doing the reset for us, I hate to retwink my 300QL EoE...
    This. Having to strip our toons so we can do a complete overhaul on our chars is not something I'd enjoy doing. Also, the remod is a support weapon and should remain a support weapon.
    Waiting for a cure.

Lower version of remodulator would be awsome.
    Also WTB new pet turret for Engis :P
    Something like a defensive pet for CP protection and tanking on instances loool =D

Engis hate the changes because they are being made less OP and might actually have to help other people for once :\
    Vitaliy - 220/30 NM NT
    Vitiate - 220/30 Soli Crat
    Paralympics - 220/30 NM Agent
    Vitx - 150/20 Opi Tarder

Paradise & Parasite

Quote Originally Posted by Vitaliy View Post
    Engis hate the changes because they are being made less OP and might actually have to help other people for once :\
    Excuse me?

Maybe if you actually had an engi you'd realize how we're actually closer to the bottom when it comes to 90% of the game.

And FYI I am a tradeskiller, and I'm still saying the IP change is rather pointless and the other stuff like the blinds nerf will make us even worse at things we barely do well at as it is. Like soloing.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Nov 1st, 2011 at 04:48:57.
    Because Race Yalm

Maybe if you actually had an engi you'd realize how we're actually closer to the bottom when it comes to 90% of the game.
    Close to the bottom? In pvp I'm pretty sure we are damn near the top. And we may not be the best soloers endgame, but endgame we can do more damage than anyone but maybe shade, and lowbie soloing is obviously cake if you make an insanely high pet.

And what do you actually have against changing nano reqs to tradeskills? All engis will never need to ip for trimmers, always be able to swap to remod if they want, will have loads of extra ip for fun stuff like first aid/nanopool/perception/whatever you want, and may even have enough ip for alternate setups, so you don't have to strip every time you change weapons. Not to mention that everyone will have an easier time finding someone able to tradeskill their stuff, which will help keep new players.

I admit dvp probably isn't hurting anyone the way it currently is.. but I'll settle for the new version. At least it won't break all the time.

Remod is a PVP weapon.. 175 min damage + fling + burst and -750 all evades and every evade prof in game might as well retire. It's pretty darn good as it is

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast