Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 8,000 evades... (NR thread)

I have a couple of things to say here...

Firstly, FC have already designed most nanos with local cool-downs in the balance docs, so that spamming will be less possible. If you resist a cast, then that resist will be more powerful as a result, because they won't be able to recast until the local cool-down runs out.

Secondly, my understanding is that weapon hits do in fact have more graded landing rates... but that perk landing rates are very black and white. That difference with perks is also emphasised by AAD being added twice in the perk landing calculations - which FC have also said that they will be removing.

I've not seen anything yet from FC about changing the perk landing calculations to have more of a curve, rather than the near black and white values they have at present. This is an area that they could really look at more closely.

Somebody also mentioned the difficulties with landing Nano-based perk attacks, which have always struggled since AAD applies to the defence check for these - but the nanoskills and NR budgets aren't balanced for that. Again though, FC have announced that AAD will no longer be added in the defence checks for Nano-Resist based perks.

Thirdly, while Nano Landing and weapon hit landing rates are not exactly the same, they are fairly similar - in that there is a gradual drop off in landing rates based on AR vs Evades/Def. Sferyl does have a point, saying that there's a perception with Nano attacks - but with debuffs in particular - that they're much worse, because they are negative effects with a long(er) duration that hampers you over a long time. So one landed debuff can leave you struggling for 30 seconds and longer... much longer in some cases.

But here again, the changes that FC have already announced, have tended toward shorter durations on debuffs - particularly the more powerful ones (though not all). So, that extra power effect that is felt when debuffs land should feel lessened too.

It seems to me that all in all, there are a variety of things already in the balance documentation, that would suggest that many of the issues around this subject may well have been addressed to some degree. I'd also strongly suspect that given that so much will be changing in terms of the Nano cooldowns, durations, Def checks etc.... that there would be likely to be adjustments to Notum Repulsor anyway.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Happened that I cannot perk someone with a 5% def check perk while having 3k AR.

/thread
    5% applies to defense skill, not to AAD...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

This must be a priority for FC, 6 months ago I saw an NR8 keeper
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    5% applies to defense skill, not to AAD...
    Calc it for me.

Professions in question are Fixers and Crats.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Crats and Fixers can get massive AAD values at times. Dodge the Blame at top value is 3800 AAD alone....

X

You need 2400ish AR to land easyahot on a limberless, dofless, deceptivelesss fixer.

Aye, but he's only saying that it has happened, on occasion, that he's failed to land it on them. So those occasions would probably have been on Fixers/Crats with one or more of the AAD perks up.

X

whats hard about
    If NanoAR>Nanoresist = Use Nano
    If NanoAR<Nanoresist = Counter Nano

Seems streight forward to me funcom.

Same with evades too plx.
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Quote Originally Posted by Valour View Post
    whats hard about

Because that's goddamn ridiculous
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Valour View Post
    whats hard about

You forgot NanoAR==NanoResist -> Random roll

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123