Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Letter from the Game Director - December 16th, 2011 - Passing the Torch

GL Means. Thanks for all the hard works.

It's sad to see the iconic name go, I suppose it has to happen at some point, and good luck to your future endeavours and your family, etc! Thanks for all the time and effort you have put into AO, we certainly appreciate it. See you on RK4!

Good News , bye bye .......
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Louderer789 View Post
    I was going in 2007 but then I stayed instead. But no. Great company though. One of the old AO devs is a producer there.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

This is weird :| we just talked ingame last night, and now you're all gone Gone!

Will you play AO in your spare time, or does the thought make you throw up in your mouth?

Will you send me secret cyb0r tells if you do?

Wow... this is like, weird. You've been around for so long it's like you were always there. This takes some digestion.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Funcom employee

<3

Best of luck!
    ~ Aythem ~

- Become an AO tester!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    i blame the release of WoW-but-with-lightsabres on that.
    i hear ya, but thats what i mean, with all these new games coming out, a PR event wouldnt go a miss, and they make the game easier in some aspects but not in others

for instance, a friend of mine is making a fixer, but he is put of by the fact that it costs around 5bil too make him a decent toon, yet you can only carry 1bil, they nerf ai bot droprates from city raids, and it seem like the only way to make a decent toon is too be rich ingame, but then they take out the only way most people have for making creds

even still, i have a 220 fixer, he was my 1st 220 toon, and yet still i cannot afford to buy him full CSS in todays market and i have been playing since 2005, so now my fixer sits logged out because he is too gimp to do anything fun without css, yet ebayers and credit buyers have no problem buying there way into uberness!! its a total putoff

and finding a team to do something is non existant, were not all as lucky as you are to do things once and get the loot we wanted lol

all i see is the population dying day by day, and sitting on lft for 3-4 days doing absoluty nothing is not whata i call fun, not when i can just sit down and logout, and go play Battlefield 3 or anything else

i love the idea of Anarchy but its just not what it used to be!!
    Atlantean (Rubi-Ka 1)
    Deathkillz 220/24 Soldier
    Fixstar 220/18 Fixer
    Deathealz 220/18 Doctor
    Deathchillz 187/12 Bureaucrat
    Deathskillz 147/3 Engineer

Thanks for the good job Means,
    hope you find time playing the game now instead : )
    Nijushio - 220/30 - semi-retired MA
    Nijutech - 220/29 - funny Engi
    Sabrezor - 170/24 - bored Advy
    Sabrezap - 150/20 - confused fixi

I haven't played AO for some time now, but I've been back every so often to check up on my first MMORPG love.
    I can say this thread warrants a post of thanks for all of your hard work and for being a driving force in reforming AO to being closer to what we the players have always wanted. I doubt you'll ever be forgotten in the community.

So long, thanks for all the codez, and catch you on the next big thing. o7
    Xfinity, 150 Fixer - Atlantean

Proud member of The Red Brotherhood

You never did name that new agent nano after me.

I'm not mad, just disapointed.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Thank you Means, for everything you have done to this game.
    You have done so much, and again i can't thank you enough!

Good Luck with future projects, and hope you and you'r family are good!
    Dudidamage, The PvM gimp E : 220/2x (Winning)

Facebashr: you support clan or omni ? ****: meh ****: omni =P Facebashr: that leaves me no choice. You gained 120 PVP Solo Score.

Funcom employee

Thank you, Colin, for the chances and opportunities you've given me. I can never thank you enough - I'll try not to let you down

Thank you, Means, for the years challenging and fun content you've provided to keep this old game alive. While falling into giant Dust Brigade-powered blenders or getting wiped by an irate Rookie Alien Hunter may have led to a fair amount of frustration, it was all a part of giving us players something new and exciting to sink our teeth into, and paved the way for future content to be born.

Also, more importantly, thank you for giving the black box that is AO Development a face that the community can collectively love (or hate) and relate to.

I wish you the best of luck with your future adventures. Don't be a stranger!
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Thank you for your time and hard work. Good luck!

Funcom employee

Mh... no ones tried that one yet, but:

Can I haz your stuffz? *runs away*

In all seriousness: Good luck on your journeys ahead Means! Thank you for taking my Community so seriously and making sure the merge, the transfers and all that was done with the utmost care for their integrity. It was great working with you, even though you robbed me of many a' friday evening/night

May the winds of the future always carry you home safely!

Quote Originally Posted by Waldgeist View Post
    Mh... no ones tried that one yet, but:

l2r nab! Lindelu got the stuffz :P

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Leaving soom (tm) :P

Good and bad times, you've sustained the game and prepaired it to be able and run even longer.

Good luck and all the best.

Now can I haz your stuff?
    Last edited by Zwelgje; Dec 16th, 2011 at 16:41:17. Reason: Darn owned by 'Waldgeist ' (I was typing to slow... :P)

so now that you're gone can you tell us who your playtoons were?

Quote Originally Posted by Waldgeist View Post
    Noone wants a sweaty teletubby suit :|
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    so now that you're gone can you tell us who your playtoons were?
    It's Playboyfixer, guess the sekrit is outz!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Someone get this man some cake!

You've done AO well for years, it's certainly not going to be the same without you.

Here's to you, Means, and here's to the new torch-bearers.
    -Tanisthonus. 212MP. Unity of the Rose. Atlantean.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast