Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Letter from the Game Director - December 16th, 2011 - Passing the Torch

First task on the job for Lindelu... Get that statue of Means pointing to the sky in game?

Thanks for all your efforts, and good luck in the future Means. Despite an obviously hard job you've done well.

Best of luck Means and thanks for all the good times with AO
    I divided by zero.

Thank you for all the hardwork you have put into AO. You have been awesome . I wish you a great future

also, since you're leaving...CAN I HAZ UR STUFF?

Thank you for all the work and passion put into this game and its community. I wish you all the best wherever this way will take you!
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Funcom employee

Thank you Colin for the time and the effort you have spent running this game! There will be a very large pair of shoes standing empty in the office, the team and me will do our very best! Say hi to sweden for me (:
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

Welcome back to Scandinavia.

I had a blast at the AO gathering in Oslo.

Too bad that you won't be around to enjoy the mayhem when some of the projects you heralded are about to hit Live (ok, it was Sil that kicked off the render engine, but still).
    Then again sitting in the stands while your former team mates are in crunch time and not being able to jump in and help, can be just as nail biting. So I reckon AO still got a few sleepless nights left for you ("You can check-out any time you like, But you can never leave").

If you could choose between an ingame tribute of either a statue pointing towards the stars or a red tractor stuck in a penumbran snowdrift, what would it be?

Have you left Lindelu instructions on how to troll misinformed gaming sites?

I wish you all the best for the future.

can i get your ubah phats? ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Thanks for the effords put into AO and for being open and sharing plans and ideas with the community Means!

Wish you the best of luck in the future, stop by and say hi and let us know how you're doing will ya!
    220/30/70 Martial Artist
    General of The Red Brotherhood
    A Rubi-Ka Story - youtube
    TRB Presentation Video divx | wegame

Funcom employee

Have a great journey onward Colin, thanks for all the good times. Bring the awesomeness to your next destination!

Smile

Good luck with your next task then Colin and congrats Lindelu, im sure you will do great as new game director.

*sniff* guess we'll never get to see Means and Kintaii fight to the death....

good luck means, and glad to see you escape the Fungeon with your sanity intact, have fun in sweden.

I hear rubber ducks will be popping up everywhere in rubi-ka next year. or so im told
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Bye and good luck in your new life!
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Wow, this wasn't what I was expecting to read when I hit the Community Corner link this morning.

Means- Thank you for all that you've done for the game and all you've attempted to do. Good luck in your future endeavors. Hopefully putting 2 people in the different roles will be a big plus for AO and the community.

Miche- GREAT JOB on the Xmas Mini-Games. I loved them, they are fun to do (even multiple times) and the General is enough of a challenge (depending on what level/prof you're on) to make the whole thing hillarious. Nothing like getting nuked for 6k by a Christmas present.. just the thought of it is funny.

Lindelu- Congratulations and Good luck.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Dec 16th, 2011 at 17:12:27.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    First task on the job for Lindelu... Get that statue of Means pointing to the sky in game?

Thanks for all your efforts, and good luck in the future Means. Despite an obviously hard job you've done well.
    I second that!

Sad to see the greatest Game Director AO has ever had leave
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Good luck with your future endeavors!
    Thanks for the massive effort you and the team put in to make AO as great as it is, there is a reason the game has had so many anniversaries!

Looking forward to seeing what Lindelu can do with the role
    Wake me up when West Athen is full of tl7 pvp again!!

Swapped our best GD ever for a GD who uses backwards smilies...

Oh god I just resubbed both accounts...
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

And this happen just the day of SWTOR early game access... how strange!!! TRAITOR
    Fixutopia: lol u do realize clan only gain towers when bomba/wont lead
    Wonthealu: EU rules are 16, Swedish rules are 15, Thailand rules are 13

Thank you Means & wish you luck man.

GL HF Means ^^
    Barronto 220/30 doc \ Juma 220/30 sol \ Armz 220/30 crat \ Ohohh 220/30 enf
    Ilmon 220/30 fix \ Npop 220/30 keep \ Notech1 220/30 agent \ Naugtynoty 220/30 nt
    Whotokick 220/30 ma \ Ashola 220/30 engy \ Jusey 220/30 mp \ Trashear 220/30 shade
    Vitz 220/30 adv \ Nkip 220/30 trader \ Jummy 220/24 sol
    And alot of other alt's

Good luck wherever ur gouing

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast