Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Letter from the Game Director - December 16th, 2011 - Passing the Torch

Does this mean we get to know who ur "play" toons are?

(Gankage incoming )
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Good luck and have fun
    i R not spik engrish

Thanks for all the hard work you put in, man, and despite many ingame situations that made me want to punch you in the face I wish you happiness and a long life. Best of luck, Means.
    On RK1: Legerdemain 220 Omni Advy - Battlestarr 220 Omni Sold - Manilow 150 Omni Keeper - Irkules 220 Omni Enf - Rancho 188-ish Omni Fixer - Legman 220 Omni Engi - Manblack 172-ish froob Omni MP - Hivvy 200 froob Omni Agent

On RK2: Kallark 150 Neut MA - Thunderballs 208-ish Neut Enf

Darn means..

Well you done a great job and you will surely be missed among the folks of AO community.
    do hope whe will see you around ingame from time to time.. at least for some of the special parties and what not.

But aye you been game dir for a darn long time. and you are defently up for a break.

Whit that in mind .. only a break okay..

But GL on you next job and on you life... and take care of you self. no more hospital becouse of overloaded body from work.

Sad to see you go mate. Best of luck in the future. Now the serious is done.

Can I have your stuff? :P

Aww man, this is not what I expected from this week's FWM... It took me a while to absorb this...

Well, what can I say... Thank you for everything you've done so far, and good luck in future challenges. I hope we will still see you around sometimes.

Lindelu, GZ on the new title. I wish all the best things to our new Overlord!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced
    Indeed, like the passing of a great force has left a void ... a giant void to be filled.

Good luck with your new endevour Means ... after all family is most important ...

Welcome aboard as Game Director Fia!!! You have a big space to fill

Colrain

Good luck Means and thank you for the many years of dedication, you will be missed.
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced
    Pretty spot on....

Thanks for all your efforts. My best wishes to the best GD I've ever experienced.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Wow, this is unexpected.

Colin, you were the best GD I knew, and honestly I had no idea if that would be when Silirrion passed the torch to you.

I've said this before, and I will say it again. Sil built a bridge between FC and us, the playerbase... when you came in, you walked over and shook our hands. Between Sil and you, the Community regain faith in the Devs.

You wouldn't take crap from anyone, and also would be the first to take the hit when something went wrong even if you had nothing to do with it. You were a good friend and leader within the Dev Team and you spoke to me and others in-game and on AOSpeak whenever you were able, most Game Directors in MMO's have staff just to keep a "buffer" because they don't want to deal with their own customers.

You answered PM's, E-mails, in-game tells and always were willing to the extra mile to make sure someone was getting help, and that means a lot to me as a veteran. You cared about AO, you loved the game as much as I do.

This is why I'm just freaking sad that you're leaving us. You've done so much for the game, for the Community...the insane hours, the crazy things you discovered and shared with us over the years with your FwM threads.

Through the highs and lows, you stuck to your guns, you had a plan to make AO a better game not just visually, but in other ways to adapt to a growing market.

To say you'll be missed, would be an understatement. But I've been there before, I felt the same when Sil moved on to another project. Unfortunately for FC, you will be leaving the company... and I wish now that they had a Sweden Office for you to go all viking over there.

I trusted Sil, and I trust you. Lindelu had done great work in the past few years, even working with some of the AOU Staff and I'm sure she is worthy to continue your work.

One of my best memories, was when I first spoke to you in-game after you became GD, I called you Means, you said "Please, call me Colin" and I did, you were such a down-to-earth individual. You'd even talk to me a bit about your family and how your wife loved horses, and about your kids. You'd listen and even explain things in detail regarding the game (some which I did promised not to repeat, we had our own unwritten NDA).

I consider myself lucky to have had the chance to interview you (twice), to talk to you, to know you a bit on a personal level and to have seen the mark you've left on the game. Colin, you made AO better. Not all will agree and they have the right to feel that way.

But Colin... you are THE MAN!

I wish you and your family the best in your new life in Sweden, please keep playing AO on your spare time and thanks man, from the bottom of my happy gaming heart... THANK YOU!

Now... Lindelu, you inherited not only the position... Means promised AOU the first new engine video, that promise now falls on you. Failure will mean that I'll have to send my Ninja Leets at night into your house and tattoo your butt with "Pwned by AOU" in very large letters (I'm thinking Verdana font, I will have to consult the AOU Staff).

Beware the NINJA LEETS!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

I knew this would have to happen at some point... nobody can stay in the same spot for all their life. Change is good.
    I hope this change will give you new opportunities which will carry you far into the future!

I'll miss you as our Game Director, Means. You've done a great job at showing to the world that the AO dev team are indeed humans. I think it's very special how you treat the community like friends, and not just consumers. I sometimes forget FC is a corporation even.

Thank you for the years with great work, effort and achievements Means; You've gotten AO started on the road back to the top.

Seeing the recent job openings on the FC home page related to AO, and how you're now getting +1 on the devteam for filling the producer and game director roles with a dedicated person each, I'll assume FC have decided to prioritize AO again; And that's great news for our community.

Lindelu will indeed have a great precedence to meet; But I'm confident she'll live up to it, and if humanly possible, even exceed in the future.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshae
    Hi Means.

Ever since I saw this announcement I have been trying to get one of my forum accounts, today, to work without success. I wish you the best of luck and health in your future. You really did a great job and I am sure you will be remembered and missed for so long as AO lives on and probably longer.

-Jen.
    And from myself: Thank you and best wishes.
    Ryph, Enforcer, Godfather of Underworld
    Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
    Explorer 86% Socializer 66% Achiever 26% Killer 26%

Its that trip to Disney...happened to me as well. Started humming "its a small world after all" after the tenth trip through that "attraction" with my daughter and the next thing I knew I was employed elsewhere shortly after returning to Chicago. Good luck

As soon as I saw the title of today's letter I said , "Oh no"!

Others have said it better, but I wanted to express my appreciation for the work you've done with AO. Words are inadequate, but thanks and good luck!

Tack så mycket!

This is a sad FwM's indeed :/ GL on your future endeavors!
    Dochollie 220 Opifex Doctor

TYVM Means for you hard work and dedication...and can i has your shirt?
    -Conspiracy Group Inc.

Cyaz Means.
    Sad you couldn't make it to the engine.
    Good way back to sweden.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    Swapped our best GD ever for a GD who uses backwards smilies...
    they are not backwards, just left-handed!

also to mister means, thanks for all your effort in making rubika an interesting living place.
    Last edited by Biancha; Dec 17th, 2011 at 03:08:12.

I love you Means!

Great luck on all of your future endeavors... We will never forget all the amazing things you have accomplished! Thank you for an amazing experience!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast