Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When!!!

When!!!

So, Lets see..
    1 - 2 years balance discussion "nothing live"
    4 - 5 years new engine with only SCREEN SHOTS "nothing live"
    more and more and more forum posts about balance discussion what we what, what you want
    what are you doing? adding new instances, modifying sec 10, adding sec 7.
    Lets review when was the biggest most amazing thing that happened in AO
    Released in the summer of 2001
    Shadowlands, released in 2003
    Now between 2003 - 2012 9 years of what?
    AI which wasn't as good as Shadowlands, Lost Eaden no need to talk about it & finally Legacy of Xan which is more of a Booster pack, not an expansion
    and this was in 2009
    I really wanna know why don't you guys like any decent respectable game just say an exact release date for example
    *Balance May 2012
    *Engine June 2012

IF any delay happen dute to over work or something didn't work so well, you announce

but what is really going on here
    forum pots.. forum posts.. forum posts..
    screen shots.. more screen shots

and not to mention that it's so obvious that there are a lot less players ingame now
    well i am not offending anyone, i am just speaking my mind out
    and yea i still regret reactivating my account

Well i guess this will be my last reactivation ingame
    and i hope as an old game just to be respectable enough to say release dates of new content.
    I am the motionless rage lying in a dark corner, hidden. I am the joys of unnoticed pleasure that pass you by.
    I EXIST...

this ^^

just tell us,is your plan to make everyone leave AO so u finaly shut it down,while in same time leeching some money...

tell us what's the plan,when and what..after 10 years players deserve it,since they keep this game alive,not u..

i love this game realy,it is my first ever mmo,i left it many times but i always come back,i miss it,missing the good old times in AO when there was a lot of players,and u could do anything pvp,quests,instances,twink,etc...

just tell us,it is right thing to do...
    Neutralizers

Enfomax01
    Cratishe
    Maxone
    Leetkilluh
    Moltenfury
    Enfomax
    Onemax

I think it's only the very gullible that still believe that the re-balance and the engine are going to happen. I stopped believing a long time ago that it was going to happen and when Means left it all but made it a certainty in my mind, Why would he leave if it was going to happen why would he leave after so much time and effort. Just doesn't make sense.
    I also think that even if they did release the engine and re-balance it's to late. It was to late even if it was release 1 year ago. I would love it if this game got the re balance and engine upgrade but I don't believe. I hope I am wrong I really do.
    Last edited by tiolanic; Jan 18th, 2012 at 12:51:08.

yea too late
    can't wait for Guild wars 2!
    It will be EPIC
    I am the motionless rage lying in a dark corner, hidden. I am the joys of unnoticed pleasure that pass you by.
    I EXIST...

When?

I'll answer that with a song
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by tiolanic View Post
    I think it's only the very gullible that still believe that the re-balance and the engine are going to happen. I stopped believing a long time ago that it was going to happen and when Means left it all but made it a certainty in my mind, Why would he leave if it was going to happen why would he leave after so much time and effort. Just doesn't make sense.
    I also think that even if they did release the engine and re-balance it's to late. It was to late even if it was release 1 year ago. I would love it if this game got the re balance and engine upgrade but I don't believe. I hope I am wrong I really do.
    The classic "I keep my expectations low because I cant deal with dissapointment" speech

a passive-aggressive troll is no troll at all
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

What I find interesting is that AO has a new GD and there has been no "vision" type of post. I realize it may have been a quick change and with the holidays - but still, 3 weeks into the new year and no info.

I see this like a change in a sports team manager/coach or a company CEO - there is always the new vision speech and question/answer period. It usually doesn't mean much in the end, but the lack of one has me wondering...
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Kuegen View Post
    The classic "I keep my expectations low because I cant deal with dissapointment" speech

a passive-aggressive troll is no troll at all
    Trolling AO forums is the only active part of this game and that includes engine and balance updates and progress. Not that I was trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    What I find interesting is that AO has a new GD and there has been no "vision" type of post. I realize it may have been a quick change and with the holidays - but still, 3 weeks into the new year and no info.

I see this like a change in a sports team manager/coach or a company CEO - there is always the new vision speech and question/answer period. It usually doesn't mean much in the end, but the lack of one has me wondering...
    Lindelu said that "letter from GD" wont be every week, but every month.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    Lindelu said that "letter from GD" wont be every week, but every month.
    Not looking for another FWL type of thing, as those really were useless (for me) most of the time. Really just an introduction with a "here is my vision...." type of letter/discussion/whatever is what I am talking about. The change of GD is significant for an MMO and with the current state of AO, even more so here.

I just find it really odd that it hasn't occurred yet.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    Not looking for another FWL type of thing, as those really were useless (for me) most of the time. Really just an introduction with a "here is my vision...." type of letter/discussion/whatever is what I am talking about. The change of GD is significant for an MMO and with the current state of AO, even more so here.

I just find it really odd that it hasn't occurred yet.
    You mean ... like that ?
    or ?
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    You mean ... like that ?
    or ?
    Not really - again, want a real vision statment not a perosnal biography. Not to sound harse, but I don't really care much about people and their lives. I want info for the game and what is coming next - what is the future of the game. Something to make me say.. "Darn, let me resubscribe my 4 accounts when they go dark in February".
    Utopia

^^ The current state of the game should be what you decide to re-subscribe on. How does it make sense to subscribe based on content that doesn't exist or a statement of vision? I don't get what anyone could possibly say at this point to convince someone to pay for AO based on what might be in the future.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    ^^ The current state of the game should be what you decide to re-subscribe on. How does it make sense to subscribe based on content that doesn't exist or a statement of vision? I don't get what anyone could possibly say at this point to convince someone to pay for AO based on what might be in the future.
    You may be shocked to discover that not everyone in the world thinks as you do.
    Utopia

I'm not shocked about that. I just think it's nonsense that someone would subscribe to anything based on their speculation of future products or services instead of what they would actually get from the current service/products being offered. You haven't explained otherwise to express your position. Even if FC were to tell you, would you believe them? I doubt it. What would they have to say to convince you they will meet your unknown expectations so you would subscribe? You already know the answer to that.

If you only want to experience re-balance/graphics or whatever you think will exist in the future, then subscribe when that time comes. If the current game is good enough for you to play, subscribe now. We all know that nothing FC is going to say will make you subscribe is the current game isn't to your satisfaction. Let's be real here and stop thinking these thinly-veiled threats about not subscribing do anything.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jan 20th, 2012 at 21:16:08.

I'm not shocked about that. I just think it's nonsense that someone would subscribe to anything based on their speculation of future products or services instead of what they would actually get from the current service/products being offered. You haven't explained otherwise to express your position. Even if FC were to tell you, would you believe them? I doubt it. What would they have to say to convince you they will meet your unknown expectations so you would subscribe? You already know the answer to that.

If you only want to experience re-balance/graphics or whatever you think will exist in the future, then subscribe when that time comes. If the current game is good enough for you to play, subscribe now. We all know that nothing FC is going to say will make you subscribe is the current game isn't to your satisfaction. Let's be real here and stop thinking these thinly-veiled threats about not subscribing do anything.

My point is - its been some time since the new GD was announced and there has been no information about how "they" see the future of the game, whats on the horizon, etc. For me, its important. Thats it. Simple. Not really much of a discussion.

If its not important for you, I really don't care - prob as much as you care about it mattering to me. But keep on .... its been a boring day at work.
    Utopia

I don't think you need to hear the GD to tell you that re-balance and graphics engine are what's on the horizon for AO.

My guess is that Lindelu will have a more in-depth story of how she thinks about this whole situation in late January. That means in like a week.

At least I'm not forced to look forward to a Kung Fu panda expansion.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

I don't think you need to hear the GD to tell you that re-balance and graphics engine are what's on the horizon for AO.
    So is a sunset ... but it doesnt get closer every day...
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :

Sloob since 2009 :

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast