Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When!!!

recently, looking at the whole mmo market i started to wonder if it isnt already to late for our beloved anarchy,, with the abundance of aaa titles going from p2p to f2p right now it will be extremely hard to justify paying 15 euros + vat per month for a niche game, how i see it within a year or two only a few, most poppular titles will be able to retain their p2p system, either theyll go f2p or they will die

last few weeks, each title i wanted to check within last 2-3 years that was previously p2p and i wasnt sure if i was hyped enuff to buy/sub to a third mmo at that time and passed, when i google it, it turns out either already be f2p or going f2p within weeks time, overall i got way more free aaa titles to play ( out of the group i was interested in and considered buying ) then time to play,,, makes it really hard to consider paying sub for ao, especially when you count in the overall state of the game, low playerbase, and the fact that were waiting so many years for both, the gfx and reballance, wich could both still turn out vaporware
    Last edited by Insane666; Jan 28th, 2012 at 11:19:45.
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Horrified View Post
    So, Lets see..
    1 - 2 years balance discussion "nothing live"
    4 - 5 years new engine with only SCREEN SHOTS "nothing live"
    more and more and more forum posts about balance discussion what we what, what you want
    what are you doing? adding new instances, modifying sec 10, adding sec 7.
    Lets review when was the biggest most amazing thing that happened in AO
    Released in the summer of 2001
    Shadowlands, released in 2003
    Now between 2003 - 2012 9 years of what?
    AI which wasn't as good as Shadowlands, Lost Eaden no need to talk about it & finally Legacy of Xan which is more of a Booster pack, not an expansion
    and this was in 2009
    I really wanna know why don't you guys like any decent respectable game just say an exact release date for example
    *Balance May 2012
    *Engine June 2012

IF any delay happen dute to over work or something didn't work so well, you announce

but what is really going on here
    forum pots.. forum posts.. forum posts..
    screen shots.. more screen shots

and not to mention that it's so obvious that there are a lot less players ingame now
    well i am not offending anyone, i am just speaking my mind out
    and yea i still regret reactivating my account

Well i guess this will be my last reactivation ingame
    and i hope as an old game just to be respectable enough to say release dates of new content.
    will have to say i agree, after thinking about it. its exactly how you say it.
    we write post after post, but its the same each time. and we never ever get a real answer ):
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Feb 14th, 2012 at 19:10:35.

So, Lets see..
    1 - 2 years balance discussion "nothing live"
    tokenboards for shades, new crat pet, Shade Caress..
    sorry, your post is a lie.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    tokenboards for shades, new crat pet, Shade Caress..
    sorry, your post is a lie.
    Sorry, but this is more of fixing a prof., adding items ingame is not that big deal, It's just fixes & updates like any other game
    More of as u see lately changing ingame icons :S

What am talking about is something BIG like the engine which was mentioned 5 -6 years ago
    Rebalance which will change everything in every profession

and as what was said before, What is in the horizone of this game? what is the future?
    Will there be a BIG BOMB of a new expansion?
    Will the new engine ever come live?
    Will the balance ever happen?

And if so, WHEN! which was my main question...
    I am the motionless rage lying in a dark corner, hidden. I am the joys of unnoticed pleasure that pass you by.
    I EXIST...

SmokeX 210/23 Neutral Opifex MA General of Spirit Walkers
    SmokeKillsU 81/3 Neutral Opifex Agent
    UraniumX 101/2 Neutral Nanomage NT
    BruteForceX 61 Neutral Opifex Fixer
    SmokingGunsX 43/2 Neutral Solitus Soldier
    SixOfNynex 42/2 Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    Jiroieyoshi 12/2 Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    EMHMarkX 32/2 Neutral Nanomage Doctor

back to what i said
    more posts, more screen shots

All what i hope for is an exact date
    First Quarter of 2012
    End of 2012
    Delay
    Is it that hard to put expectations with dates, rather than talking about it for 4 years!
    I am the motionless rage lying in a dark corner, hidden. I am the joys of unnoticed pleasure that pass you by.
    I EXIST...

Is it that hard to put expectations with dates, rather than talking about it for 4 years!
    Pretty much. Maybe you convinced yourself otherwise but a realistic person already came to this conclusion.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Pretty much. Maybe you convinced yourself otherwise but a realistic person already came to this conclusion.
    It may be extremely difficult to put specific dates to things, and to actually commit to reasonable time schedules to get things done, but it is NECESSARY to do so in order to keep a game alive. As was mentioned earlier in this thread, theres a lot of very high quality games going f2p, and its becoming increasingly difficult to justify paying anything to continue playing AO.

Guild Wars 2 is a looming specter sometime in this next year, and that could very well be the final death blow for ao, what looks to be a fantastic game with no subscription cost, only a 1 time fee. If the AO devs don't get their act together, and start rolling out content, and doing it QUICKLY, AO is going to be dead very soon. Unfortunately, since they've managed to go upwards of 3 years without any major content changes, and have been waffling around about the gfx update for 5 years, I have less than zero confidence that the devs will be able to save this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyroatheist View Post
    Guild Wars 2 is a looming specter sometime in this next year, and that could very well be the final death blow for ao, what looks to be a fantastic game with no subscription cost, only a 1 time fee. If the AO devs don't get their act together, and start rolling out content, and doing it QUICKLY, AO is going to be dead very soon. Unfortunately, since they've managed to go upwards of 3 years without any major content changes, and have been waffling around about the gfx update for 5 years, I have less than zero confidence that the devs will be able to save this game.
    Guild wars 2 will be epic and a big blow to a lot of games
    and one of its biggest things like they did in Guild Wars is it's One Time payment
    and thats what am waitting for
    I EXIST...

yea too late
    can't wait for Guild wars 2!
    It will be EPIC
    No it won't, it'll be crap.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I like the cut of this guy's jib.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

I'm still trying to get over the fact that the new healing kits and stims drop in TOTW. I mean whatever happened to fight - ding! - die? Or getting fleeced by Claners selling healing kits bought in from Tir? T'ain't natural, I tells yah.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    I like the cut of this guy's jib.
    Suddenly. I feel stupid for paying 14,99 $ every month for AO. If AO was a Buy to play game, it'd be awesome, and the itemshop would justify the loss of subscribtions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    Suddenly. I feel stupid for paying 14,99 $ every month for AO. If AO was a Buy to play game, it'd be awesome, and the itemshop would justify the loss of subscribtions.
    Yup. When my wife said she wanted to play AO again I just looked at her like she told me she wanted a divorce. You want me to pay... $45/mo so we can activate 3 accounts? Gotta be kidding me.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    Yup. When my wife said she wanted to play AO again I just looked at her like she told me she wanted a divorce. You want me to pay... $45/mo so we can activate 3 accounts? Gotta be kidding me.
    Interesting, I easily pay 45$ on a friday night dinner and movie. Then again saturday night drinks at a club or beer and poker at a bar. That is 1 or 2 nights or I spend the money playing AO for 30 days. Well actually I do both. AO is by far less money.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    No it won't, it'll be crap.
    Have to agree on it. GW2 will be a WoW clone with a few extra features at best. Like what Rift was supposed to be.

GW2 will NEVER beat it's predecessor's simplicity but awesomeness.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Interesting, I easily pay 45$ on a friday night dinner and movie. Then again saturday night drinks at a club or beer and poker at a bar. That is 1 or 2 nights or I spend the money playing AO for 30 days. Well actually I do both. AO is by far less money.
    it's not about 45$ being to much money ( basicly one visit in my fav coffeshop ), its about justifieng spending that ammount of cash for a game in such condition ( especially considerring new p2p games are cheaper to sub, and theres so many new aaa f2p titles on the market to check out ), with that little playerbase, with the elusive new engine being allmost there for over 3 years already, etc - at least for me

and theres quite a few ppl that when it comes to ao have an all or nothing approach, it has to be all accounts or none active
    Last edited by Insane666; Feb 15th, 2012 at 19:07:33.
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Funcom's little designers from asia or wherever just suck at coding. If any of you ever read the login screen for the longest time. They were trying to get a coder on the team.

As much as I hate WoW. It has alot more content and players which will make me return to it after my subscription ends on here if something doesn't change.

Games dead when they invited the new GD. Stated she was new to the position. IMO its a crash course and AO is just a training ground now.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Yeh, I spend that much every weekend at the skeet range. The thing is, I get enjoyment out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    it's not about 45$ being to much money ( basicly one visit in my fav coffeshop ), its about justifieng spending that ammount of cash for a game in such condition
    What he said.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    it's not about 45$ being to much money ( basicly one visit in my fav coffeshop ), its about justifieng spending that ammount of cash for a game in such condition ( especially considerring new p2p games are cheaper to sub, and theres so many new aaa f2p titles on the market to check out ), with that little playerbase, with the elusive new engine being allmost there for over 3 years already, etc - at least for me

and theres quite a few ppl that when it comes to ao have an all or nothing approach, it has to be all accounts or none active
    That ^^

It really isn't about the money at all, it's about what you're getting for it.

I would not even consider returning if I couldn't have all of my accounts active and I simply cannot justify paying $30 a month for the privilege of sitting around a game doing nothing. For the same $30 I can play EQ2, VG and WoW and have something to do all of the time on either of those games.

Either drop the subscription fee to something reasonable ($9.99 a month or less), offer substantial discounts for multiple paid accounts (for example, $14.99 for the first account and $5.99 a month for any additional), or have a single fee for access to all FC games (this would require TSW to be open to be of any value given the current state of AoC). Either of those things would add some value to an AO sub. So would extending the froob program to include the SL.
    Last edited by Polaria; Mar 1st, 2012 at 20:45:26.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast