Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hardcore package

Quote Originally Posted by Maurtue View Post
    DEBUMP

Ppl who didnt take the offer a year ago +-, shouldnt be able to get a new chance! If then, they might aswell put in pioneer backpack as upgrade offer also! :P
    Yes, make all gear available to players TODAY. Gear used for playing the game should not be excluded based on when you started. Put them in the Vet shop or game shop - but they should be available (if not actually in the game now - better solution would be to have it obtainable in game).

Social items/rewards - fine - those should have special meaning for time played and such and can be once in a gametime experience.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

wtb sexy helm pst
    ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Maurtue View Post
    DEBUMP

Ppl who didnt take the offer a year ago +-, shouldnt be able to get a new chance! If then, they might aswell put in pioneer backpack as upgrade offer also! :P
    What a brilliant idea, parasite helm for 3000 paid points, pioneers backpack for 7000 paid points.

Ao would make a ton of money then.

I didn't get this because when it came out, I'd already got a year paid for, my girlfriend got it tho, it was a sweet deal, she was fr00b up till that came out and I figured it was the best time for her to upgrade...
    So the offer worked for at least one person!

I'd like there to be more than one 'deal' for yearly sub, right now I get just the basic offer.
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarsolace View Post
    What a brilliant idea, parasite helm for 3000 paid points, pioneers backpack for 7000 paid points.

Ao would make a ton of money then.
    Why 7000 for pioneer? Helmet is way better AND cooler than the pioneer. Gives 15% XP vs 1%, same abilitie modifier, but just 50 less tutoring (only carebear by lvl 1 twinkies). Overall, Helmet > Pioneer.. But both combined = Sweet.

Anyway. Whats the point with "One time offer", when the same item will be available at a later date? =/ i say dont get them back ingame anytime soon!

Pioneers wasn't an advertised bundle w/ payment. was a 'hey you started with beta, here's our appreciation.' item. All it is now is a 'hey I got tons of money, I like nice social stuff and/or best lvl1 twink credz can buy'

so make a new item w/ a diff visual mesh, similar adds, etc etc.

pioneers will always > than parasite due to the history of it.

It is hard to measure the players that opted to not sub or would have subbed w/ a great new offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    It just annoys me. Last year, the package was introduced shortly after I had paid for my accounts and I couldn't afford to spend the extra money so short after. So this year, even though I really want to play, I've not paid my accounts in the hope that the offer is renewed. If I pay, I end up loosing out on a good offer (since I can't afford both) and I might even get one of those free months of game time, that I've always heard of, but never seen since I usually keep my accounts open with yearly subscriptions.
    It just seems counter-intuitive, that if I keep paying, I miss out on good stuff (offers and free gametime), but if I don't pay, I end up leaving AO to something else, since I loose connection with the game.
    Dammit, I just want a discount!
    ^^This

Would instantly renew all accounts for a full year and I bet many with me.
    Troxie

I thought about it some more, sentiments a game maker would have towards beta players.

A game maker 'should'™ have even more sentiment towards players that have stuck it through the dark periods in this game. (not a self ideology, there are many others that have stayed around and fc should give something to these guys.)

players that started playing before like 05 and have more than 3-4 years of 'pay' time should get something like /claim (parasite + pioneers lands in inventory)

the 'boohoo naw man, fc should keep old stuff original and not give new players old classic stuff, probably paid 2b+ for theirs'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12