Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: January 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Biancha View Post
    o.o
    ._.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    ._.
    °-°

Oh darn.. another 5 hours tacked on. Won't be up till 12:00 AM (Midnight) in my time zone (EST) =( Guess i'll play Kingdoms of Amalur till then =)

My beer is going to run out far before the latest update on how long it is going to be appears.
    Anyway one good thing has happened - I found out that there are at least 3 people who are supposed to be responsible for DEV/community interaction. Hopefully they will interact more in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.
    Just noticed sig.
    I agree with this.

Instance Org Cities -- fill empty lots with new dynas/dungeons -- level the xp playingfield with SL.
    Even if instanced cities doesnt happen, RK is massive to the point where it can hold many more dungeons and dyna areas, and coding in more XP per mob should not be a hard undertaking. I was surprised this wasnt done already when I came back to game 4 months ago from a 6 yr hiatus.

I'd like to make a move toward an entire day of game time credited to current paying members due to the downtime. We all know that is the least likely action at this point though. We pay for the game, just to sit through their random fumbles and what not. I believe that each and every account that is currently subscribed should be accredited at least 18 hours of game time. Just because I'm that stingy.
    Vampirefix - 220/23/58 - Fail

Quote Originally Posted by Vampengi View Post
    I'd like to make a move toward an entire day of game time credited to current paying members due to the downtime. We all know that is the least likely action at this point though. We pay for the game, just to sit through their random fumbles and what not. I believe that each and every account that is currently subscribed should be accredited at least 18 hours of game time. Just because I'm that stingy.
    I would tend to agree, as other companies do the same (ie: netflix, certain ISPs).
    Although for yearly paying customers this would not make much difference.

I move for Paid Points instead.

The downtime is probably a far bigger problem for the FC staff than for us! I pay around $300 a year for the game so 1 day = $1 - sfa . I want instalvl tokens instead :-)

Kuah - making RK happen again is not going to happen - FC needs money and making RK happen gives less incentive for froobs to pay for upgrades. AO gives far more to froobs than any other game. Although I could see rk upgrades as being viable if they are only available to paid accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    Kuah - making RK happen again is not going to happen - FC needs money and making RK happen gives less incentive for froobs to pay for upgrades. AO gives far more to froobs than any other game. Although I could see rk upgrades as being viable if they are only available to paid accounts.
    That would make sense. like having paid dungeons, or instanced mobs for paid customers only.
    I still think they _do_ need to increase RK xp imo. RK is such a great PF and it is deserving of higher xp on mobs. In hind-site, maybe not as much xp as SL mobs (you bring up a good point with incentives for going paid) but a substantial xp gain is needed. There are just so many more aspects to a paid account other than SL xp which would still remain incentive enough to go paid.

edit:: I dont think it was a wise decision on FC's part to allow froob accounts to level to 200. I think 100 would have been more deem-able, and would have pushed a lot more froob players to go paid.
    Last edited by Kauh; Feb 17th, 2012 at 01:30:17.

I am so pissed that I cannot play Anarchy Online right now, such that I do not know what to do with myself.

Kuah - I agree - 100 would be a good lvl limit for froob accounts but its done so reversion would be difficult. They did introduce the hardcore package so i get 35% more xp than a froob even in rk. RK became neglected and I think quite a few liked the RK sci-fi desolated planet more than the fantasy world of SL but went to SL for better xp. A strong incentive for return to RK would be great! One idea would be a paid only nano that gives an xp boost on rk mobs much like the one available on testlive so that paid toons would get double xp in rk.

Quote Originally Posted by 3246251196 View Post
    I am so pissed that I cannot play Anarchy Online right now, such that I do not know what to do with myself.
    I could make suggestions but won't as the forum is open to under 18s.

One idea would be a paid only nano that gives an xp boost on rk mobs much like the one available on testlive so that paid toons would get double xp in rk.
    Genius m8!

Kron for Prez!

Quote Originally Posted by Kauh View Post
    I dont think it was a wise decision on FC's part to allow froob accounts to level to 200. I think 100 would have been more deem-able, and would have pushed a lot more froob players to go paid.
    Kuah - I agree - 100 would be a good lvl limit for froob accounts but its done so reversion would be difficult.
    Either of you ever leveled a froob to 200?

Discussing imposing level limits for a free game in a time period where everyone goes free to play is kind of ... sillly.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I really don't understand the pre-occupation about froobs, why should anyone care that froobs can goto 200? I would even vote for 25% increase in RK xp. Do people feel that froobs are getting something paid players don't? Anyone can play froob for free or have a backup froob account when you can't pay. The free to play is the easiest way for me to invite friends from other games over. Some of which do turn into pay accounts when they see how much more things my toons can do. Please for the love of "insert diety" leave froobs alone.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Discussing imposing level limits for a free game in a time period where everyone goes free to play is kind of ... sillly.
    The comment I made was in regard to their initial decision years and years ago to allow froobs to lvl to 200.
    I really dont think its a silly notion, being as AO offers so much more (entertainment, tradeskill, mental/cognitive ability - wise) than other MMOs. To impose such a rule now would be silly, yes I agree. I have had many 200 froobs in the past, and enjoy froob play (keeps me bound to RK lol) but do not enjoy the xp most times. I just believe RK deserves more xp, whether it be a paid option, or froob.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauh View Post
    The comment I made was in regard to their initial decision years and years ago to allow froobs to lvl to 200.
    I really dont think its a silly notion, being as AO offers so much more (entertainment, tradeskill, mental/cognitive ability - wise) than other MMOs. To impose such a rule now would be silly, yes I agree. I have had many 200 froobs in the past, and enjoy froob play (keeps me bound to RK lol) but do not enjoy the xp most times. I just believe RK deserves more xp, whether it be a paid option, or froob.
    Subway, ToTW, Foremans and then nothing.....
    Not counting IS and other different dungeons that are much less fun then the 3 above.

Would be great to see more dungeons like these 3.
    A couple of years ago, ToTW was very hot and attracted the players to make twinks for it.

New and better dungeons where players are making twinks for is on all ways very good.
    1st They have fun. 2th They have the twinks also to pvp and towerwars.

So with more dungeons like ToTW you make the players motivated.

I tried this week the game Rift, i think that the gamemakers must play these new games also to look what more options there are these games.
    First think i noticed was, direct action, city under attack and quest to defend the city.
    So the players are directly get active and not walk around to kill some monsters

Bad think i noticed, massive player attack in dungeon.
    I did go as healer and not even noticed where i was in the playfield, i like more dungeons that are solo or dual logged possible So you can make twinks.

I think that AO needs to get a starting ground with direct action and with quests to let see newbies what this game makes extra. Like twinking and implants making and how to step these implants with items to twinking higher ones in.
    Also quest to let see the newbies what the fun is with tower attacks and all the other things that makes this game special.

Now they walk on newbie island and learn not much about the game, then they think it's a bad game with nothing inside like alot of MMo games.
    Member of Neutral Organisation: The Roots

Paid account:

Singstar1 = lvl 150 Opifex MA // Singstar2 = lvl 119 Opifex Fixer (Leveling to 220)

frOOb buffing toons:

Toppertje = lvl 178 Atrox Fixer (GA4) // Topper1 = lvl 200 Opifex MP // Topper2 = lvl 100 Solitus Engineer (Warper) // Topper3 = lvl 60 Solitus Adventurer (ToTW) // Topper4 = lvl 165 Nanomage Trader // Topper5 = lvl 112 Atrox Bureaucrat // Topper6 = lvl 121 Nanomage Agent // Topper7 = lvl 147 Nanomage Doctor // Topper8 = lvl 90 Nanomage Nano-Technician // Topper 9 = lvl 42 Atrox Soldier // Topper 10 = lvl 10 Atrox Fixer (lowbie leveling) // Topper 11 = lvl 15 Atrox Enforcer (lowbie leveling) // Topper12 = lvl 24 Atrox Enforcer (lowbie leveling)

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast