Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: January 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Kauh View Post
    yes
    Then you know how few people would actually choose that over p2p.

Not sure if this has been asked yet about the server merger, but what if you have all character slots on 1 server filled. I mainly played on rk1 for years but recently started on rk2 and have rk1 slots filled and rk2 has probably 4 or 5. Are they planning on giving us more character slots in this event, do we lose characters? And if we lose some do we get to pick which ones we lose? It still might not happen but hopefully they have a solution and would give us a heads up on it.
    Pack of Noobs................................Dawn Of War
    Fixenz: lvl 220/30/70.................wolfgang951:lvl 220/30/70
    Gizmoduck: lvl 164.................wolfsdoc: lvl 210/24/28
    Helltopay: lvl 200......................wolfkeep: lvl 200/21/35
    burninuplvls: lvl 25....................wolfstech lvl 204
    Mpfixenz: lvl 108.......................wolffix: lvl 150/18/35
    Sliceomatics: lvl 97....................wolftrade: lvl 154

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgang951 View Post
    Not sure if this has been asked yet about the server merger, but what if you have all character slots on 1 server filled. I mainly played on rk1 for years but recently started on rk2 and have rk1 slots filled and rk2 has probably 4 or 5. Are they planning on giving us more character slots in this event, do we lose characters? And if we lose some do we get to pick which ones we lose? It still might not happen but hopefully they have a solution and would give us a heads up on it.
    It will probably go just a smoothly as the German server merge...

Saw a statement that they had several (undisclosed) options, but had not made any kind of decision yet.

Players had already mentioned two possible results:
    1) No extra slots, and players may have to choose which characters they keep
    2) Double number of slots so the merge could go smoothly with no action required by the player

My personal preference would be the second one, as I'm quite sure most (if not all) of us are.

I think that if they do merge to 1 server they really do need to at least expand the character slots by 4 at the minimum. I know several people who have worked extremely hard getting twinks and max level chars, both paid and froob on both servers. To think that all your hard work could go down the drain because you have to choose which chars to keep might put some people off the game. An option by paid points to expand would be doable even.
    Pack of Noobs................................Dawn Of War
    Fixenz: lvl 220/30/70.................wolfgang951:lvl 220/30/70
    Gizmoduck: lvl 164.................wolfsdoc: lvl 210/24/28
    Helltopay: lvl 200......................wolfkeep: lvl 200/21/35
    burninuplvls: lvl 25....................wolfstech lvl 204
    Mpfixenz: lvl 108.......................wolffix: lvl 150/18/35
    Sliceomatics: lvl 97....................wolftrade: lvl 154

There's also a problem with names.

On RK2, I have a 220 crat called bewitching (made 2007-03-31). On RK1, there's a lvl 11 MP with the same name (made 2007-12-24).

My toon is higher lvl and older. Don't want to lose the name with merger.

I hope FC will respect some sensitivities on that respect if a servermerge will happen.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

If there is a merger, then the names Atlantean and Rimor will need to go, keeping either one may cause the former members of the other server feel disrespected.

I would thing "Rubi-Ka" after the planet itself would fit, we would then all be Rubikans, true to the storyline and also, practical for merchandising and such (FC would like that aspect).
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

keep it atlantean. everyone knows rimor is the red-headed stepchild server. it's like the tl7 mp of ao servers.

I'm sorry; why is the server merge even necessary? If the devs focus on getting the graphics and engine up to 2012 standards, then are they not expecting those things to help increase server population? And if that happens, won't we need more than one server?

Does anyone else remember how brutal it was when hundreds of froobs suddenly showed up when FC opened the game up? I do. It wasn't fun to play (unless you were in an instance, when the game controlled the number of players in each dungeon, mish and shop). Those two extra servers were well used, and needed.

This worries me. It says to me that the devs have no faith in the game's future or its ability to attract players.
    "Quests should always be optional. 100% of the time. Then they can be fun instead of a chore. A player should never have to stop and do a quest, or camp, or need a team in order to advance in the game. That's anti-fun, anti-player game design. " - Angelnova

Quote Originally Posted by Hippyshake View Post
    I'm sorry; why is the server merge even necessary? If the devs focus on getting the graphics and engine up to 2012 standards, then are they not expecting those things to help increase server population? And if that happens, won't we need more than one server?

Does anyone else remember how brutal it was when hundreds of froobs suddenly showed up when FC opened the game up? I do. It wasn't fun to play (unless you were in an instance, when the game controlled the number of players in each dungeon, mish and shop). Those two extra servers were well used, and needed.

This worries me. It says to me that the devs have no faith in the game's future or its ability to attract players.
    For completeness, the devs aren't working to get the graphics up to 2012 standards; more like 2007. Further, the general consensus is that the engine won't bring the population back to, say, 2007 levels. So one server could still be supported. Maybe with the rebalance and some clever, well-executed marketing...maybe two servers.

As for a server merge indicating the devs' faith in this game: that, too, has already fallen on deaf (or at least non-responsive) ears.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    For completeness, the devs aren't working to get the graphics up to 2012 standards; more like 2007. Further, the general consensus is that the engine won't bring the population back to, say, 2007 levels. So one server could still be supported. Maybe with the rebalance and some clever, well-executed marketing...maybe two servers.

As for a server merge indicating the devs' faith in this game: that, too, has already fallen on deaf (or at least non-responsive) ears.
    Oh, I realize the graphics upgrade is closer to 2007 standards...I was saying if they brought it up to 2012 standards, they'd probably see more interest from the general MMO community.

In any case: fingers crossed. I certainly don't want to lose any more of my toons than I've already lost during the German server merge.
    "Quests should always be optional. 100% of the time. Then they can be fun instead of a chore. A player should never have to stop and do a quest, or camp, or need a team in order to advance in the game. That's anti-fun, anti-player game design. " - Angelnova

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    I'm hoping to produce more videos when more features and areas becomes available, and I'm expecting that this first one will hit you sometime in february!
    luckily we know how to read funcom, and won't be expecting any videos untill april.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    keep it atlantean. everyone knows rimor is the red-headed stepchild server. it's like the tl7 mp of ao servers.
    Ouch.

Why the hate for Rimor?

my solution about population
    ad a toon copy option like the existing copy option from life to testserver.
    allow only once time to make a free copy from each life to life server.
    if any is to lazy or timeless to get new patched content
    add the option to pay for a second new copy

if any name exists at the other dimension is not a problem
    it wasent a problem after server merge from Rk3 to Rk1 - 2

let the player choose where they like to play

only one problem exists if this is a real problem
    what anyone can imagine
    the tradeable cash making items (armor, equip)
    but it improove the players and regulated the poor droprate at both servers from my view
    when ever we get new players into AO it helps them to get cheaper/easier stuff
    but think about it what happen when we get tomorrow 5000 new player ?
    how long did they play/stay ?
    empty GMS or prices closer to max cred.

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    luckily we know how to read funcom, and won't be expecting any videos untill april OF 2013.
    Fixed that a little bit for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    Ouch.

Why the hate for Rimor?
    That goes so far back that noone really knows why.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    That goes so far back that noone really knows why.
    Based on RP, don't ask cause right now that is pretty much dead.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    Ouch.

Why the hate for Rimor?
    Why does a little kid hate the new baby mommy & daddy produce ?

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Why does a little kid hate the new baby mommy & daddy produce ?
    If you are insinuating that Atlanteans are jealous of Rimoreans... you are dreaming.

When is the next news update?

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast