Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: January 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    and where you did read that your toons will be deleted on merge?
    im sure FC will find a way to preserve all your toon.
    i can think of 2 possible ways without putting any effort to it.
    Im sure the players of DNW could think of more fitting solutions to this problem too, though they still got shafted.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    and where you did read that your toons will be deleted on merge?
    im sure FC will find a way to preserve all your toon.
    i can think of 2 possible ways without putting any effort to it.
    You may be able to think of a hundred ways to save the toons but when they closed down the German Community server DNW the only option was to lose the toons or open anothe paid account. Great solution huh! And what makes you think they would do anything diferent if they shut down another server?

Desperation to keep subscribers?
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

well...

i was surprised about the GD change.
    and i was not that surprised about the new promises.
    but there've been quite a bit too much not kept promises in the past.
    i've canceled, i've reactivated... 'n now i've canceled again.
    i just don't have that fun anymore i've had before.

engine 'n stuff beside: it's just not the feeling i've had when i've logged on...
    dont get me wrong 'n please don't pin this on the "troll/whine"-wall...
    but there've been too much bad news between the lines for a bit too long time for me.
    then still the ripoff with subscition - still no equal with €/$...

guess it's time to say ./bow ./curt ./wave

we'll see what the future will show up...
    Last edited by Mephoriouz; Feb 5th, 2012 at 00:49:57.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aptiva View Post
    The patch never existed.... There is no spoon

Smile

Probably to every one's delight I will complain no more about the server merge. Instead I will offer some suggestions to try to save this game that I love so much.

1. The new engine should be a priority and all effort should be focused on it. Adding new stuff and doing a rebalance is nice but thins resources. Pleas get the engine done and released so we can get some new blood in the game. I hear all the time that AO is just pushing vaporware. I don't believe but the perception is out there.

2. Consider hiring some good marketing firm and getting a big push out when it is released. One of the things that newer games (much as I hate to use Wow as an example they do) use is actual TV advertising. Hmmm a novel idea.

This is a game with the richest content on the market. Please do not let it die. Lindelu you need to get us moving forward quickly or we will be left behind and slowly fade away. By the way I'm 61 and this is my favorite online game and probably my last whether it survives or not. All the other MMO's out there are child's toys.

Well, even if the new engine is now dated, it needs to get released soon. Next couple months soon. FC needs to get things rolling or yea, AO will fade into oblivion.

haven't read any posts except OP, and have to say 3 cheers for introducing the insta-leveling to test-live. I know a few people that lurk on test that may not see it as a positive thing (there are some who have made test-live their "main" server... if they still even play), but its a smart move. I recall the first thing I asked when I first heard about test all those years ago was: "why can't I just make a toon at a certain level, equip the right gear and go test something at that level?" well... add a couple curse words in there and a frustrated sigh, but close enough.

It will likely be a while until I get back into AO personally, but the server merge sounds interesting. On top of that, the possibility of a new server opening because of a previous merge (would be the most logical thing to do after long term goals are finished) would likely create some serious buzz in teh mmo community, and I don't need to explain why.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    Open world Dallies like the goo mines in Broken Shores would be a PITA if there were 10 or 15 people there at once. Subway, TOTW and Foremans all would be that same as well.
    ToTW is not a problem. New copy is already launched when the max limit is reached. I don't remember if the other two dungeons had that same mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    Perhaps you don't understand the meaning of "merge"? They are simply putting two servers together, meaning there wont be any rk1 nor rk2. Just the two servers combined, lets call it rk12.
    Just like when they merged RK3, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    Just like when they merged RK3, right?
    Nope
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Yea I'll quit when those RK2 people come infest my server.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I for one can think of the server merger as a good thing, but also a bad thing

1. the good thing being that it would give everyone a chance to actually find teams instead of waiting hours for said team,

2. Server merger could mean that the Player base is diminishing and on top of that this is a bandage to keep it from falling apart. Also could be seen as a plot to downsize the server farms to reduce upkeep charges due to economy

But most importantly if the server merger happens and players come and come and stay, and it gets to crowed that they should bring back RK2? idk
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Want more people to play make aoc/ao and tsw joint subs. Just Merge servers already. All games do in some form or another. Just do it and get it over, sitting around and doing nothing is just as bad.

Ah the engine is looking good, I hope it comes . Really looking forward to the rebalance, I think it would go well with the new engine, and maybe even the new starting area. Good to see AO is still alive and I hope with the new director you guys can start getting AO to where it deserves to be. I think the server merge is a good idea, AO was designed for a massive player base. It's no where near what the game was ment to be like so adding both server population is a good idea, give a fresh start to this server with Omni-Tek and Clan, so a chance for Notum Wars to become more active!

Can I ask, do you guys have any distant future plans? such as texture re-vamp, content etc?

[QUOTE=Krattonomic;6041990]I for one can think of the server merger as a good thing, but also a bad thing

1. the good thing being that it would give everyone a chance to actually find teams instead of waiting hours for said team,

That's what they said when they shut down DNW and forced them on to the other 2 servers. It didn't help. Membership kept falling to say nothing of how many left because of the merge. It won't help to merge the last 2 servers either because membership will continue to dwindle without the new engine to at least make it look like AO is going forward not rusting away. Then we merge the last server into shutdown. People are leaving for many reasons but one of the main ones is the old graphics it has.

This game has a lot to offer but people come on and see these old graphics, leave and don't give us a second chance. If we had the new engine at least we would have a good selling point.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Decent post.
    I really hope if you do take server merge seriously that you involve the community properly and don't shaft people. My opinion, make every city instanced with ability to******** buy directly from GMS *******, and remove them from RK, and add more tower fields to the mix.

jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiized, in, my, pants.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Quote Originally Posted by x999 View Post
    Want more people to play make aoc/ao and tsw joint subs. Just Merge servers already. All games do in some form or another. Just do it and get it over, sitting around and doing nothing is just as bad.
    Good idea, but FC would rather go bankrupt than doing something like that.
    Dragocz RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Dragocze View Post
    Good idea, but FC would rather go bankrupt than doing something like that.
    Probably. I for one would like it to work that way. Subscription based systems are collapsing all over into F2P versions, maybe with a premium subscription, like AO and AoC (though please do correct me if I'm wrong about AoC, haven't really checked out on what they did to that with the whole "unrated" thing), so offering more value in a subscription would be beneficial.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    On top of that, the possibility of a new server opening because of a previous merge
    Personally, I've been waiting for this since RK3 went poof. The thought of everyone starting over,equal again sounds awesome to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    Summary
    So, to summarize our vision for 2012; for the next couple of months our combined efforts will strive towards three major goals: shipping the new player experience, the balancing act and the new graphics engine.
    I dunno if this means they want these things to be released within the next 2 months. If it is, awesome. Or it could mean that they're gonna have a couple of months of hard work and then lose the help of the AoC staff? A March release would be sweet though.
    Alternatively, I would be happy with a 4 year rollback please. (Cut/pasted from that thread I don't wanna be part of anymore )
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Colawrenn View Post
    I dunno if this means they want these things to be released within the next 2 months. If it is, awesome. Or it could mean that they're gonna have a couple of months of hard work and then lose the help of the AoC staff? A March release would be sweet though.
    Alternatively, I would be happy with a 4 year rollback please. (Cut/pasted from that thread I don't wanna be part of anymore )
    Yea, I don't think so. I would say if they work intensively the next couple of months, a.e. February, March, April, then maybe a beta thing of changes and such up and running in April, release in June... that's me being optimistic
    The Red Brotherhood

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast