Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: silly social stuff some of us would love

silly social stuff some of us would love

I've seen lots of people ask about the holiday hologram burst and holiday hologram blast tools. Those big flashies are really fun, at least in the social circle within AO, but they're no longer available in the item shop. Many of us would really like to see those brought back or something similar added. The bubble blower I believe was removed from the item shop as well, and was a fun little tool to have too.

It would be cool to be able to purchase the mech leet and some of the limited edition social pets that aren't in the item shop anymore. Maybe even make the balloon "pet" that you can buy with phasefront points available in the item shop too.

Within the social circle, we appreciate a lot of the clothing and hand-held social items, but I personally think the food plates, beverages, posters, nano sprays, and a few of the tshirts aren't nearly as desirable. We always love the bikinis and any clothing in colors that we don't typically see a lot of (such as purple or green or pink).

Also I'd still really, really love a pink silvertail doll. Even if it's not pink I'd be thrilled! <3
    DJ Sprkly
    Director - GridStream Productions
    http://www.gridstream.org
    Coordinator - AO Con 2012, presented by GridStream Productions
    http://ao-con.com

Running around TOTW with my new Wuvchil-, er, Opi Ranged Advy I took on Reanimator and got skeletoned. So there was I a skeleton. With my mirrored shades and shoulder pads of my GTA still showing along with my pistols. I WANT A SKELETON SOCIAL NANO! Self only, Social only, same mesh as the TOTW hostile nano without the hostile bits. Make it a Hallowe'en drop. Or not. Sell it to me. Please. Make it so I can't fight with it on (like carrying things in Social weapons slots). Look, roll a toon, put your settings to Show Social & No Helmet, get The Reanimator to attack you and see what I mean. It just looked so brilliant I nearly died as I was too busy zooming the camera round myself and gawping to remember to keep the heals up. Please do this.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cogline View Post
    I WANT A SKELETON SOCIAL NANO!
    bump for this!
    Comdriver, RK2 engi and RK1 since 2012
    WTB belt for engineering tools

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    hjyuhjyuyhjyuhj45uhy4gftrftrg2

Funcom employee

These are some great ideas! Thanks!

Total agreement with Sprklygrrl ... all of the suggestions she made are awesome And please for the love of everything, give her the silvertail!!!! lol

What happened to the purple/blue car? it was in the item shop for about a day it seemed. Maybe that could be made available for phasefront points? My characters have loads with nothing to spend them on.

Skeleton is a nice idea. So long as the price is reasonable.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by IonButterfly View Post
    What happened to the purple/blue car?
    Are you referring to the limited edition Valentine's Day item?

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by IonButterfly View Post
    probably
    The idea is to do a limited-edition vehicle with the seasonal content. So for example, we are doing (a pretty damn awesome) vehicle for the AO birthday, that will also be seasonal. This means people who buy the vehicles during the time frame will have something that becomes unavailable for others, and I think it's pretty compelling to have a vehicle that feels unique because you got it during the window.

Later, when we've accumulated a number of these (and also pulled in vehicles from the phasefront store) when can sell vehicle packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    Later, when we've accumulated a number of these (and also pulled in vehicles from the phasefront store) when can sell vehicle packs.
    So we're (eventually) losing the option to buy phasefront vehicles with the paid points already bought on any further alts?
    I make it look easy, 'cause it is to me.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Merit View Post
    So we're (eventually) losing the option to buy phasefront vehicles with the paid points already bought on any further alts?
    No. We'll leave them in the phasefront shop. But ultimately (and this is far down the road) we want to do something to merge the paid points feature into funcom points, since it's somewhat inconvenient to maintain both side-by-side. But we're definitely not going to cheat players out of points they already have.

I generally agree with the OP.

I'm not a big fan of food plates, cookie houses, and posters. I AM a fan of various cool leet nanos, shirts/clothes, sunglasses, and "lights". By lights i mean like the ghost that hovers over your shoulder.

And for the love of god, make the "everlasting being of light" able to go into social...and the quid!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Total agreement with Sprklygrrl ... all of the suggestions she made are awesome And please for the love of everything, give her the silvertail!!!! lol
    *like*
    DJ Sprkly
    Director - GridStream Productions
    http://www.gridstream.org
    Coordinator - AO Con 2012, presented by GridStream Productions
    http://ao-con.com

Trox with skelly turns them into opi.. No like but still bump!
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

bump for skeletor nano + add neck to tertium quid plxthxbai

I'd like to hold things in my social hands and still do my normal weapon damage.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    I'd like to hold things in my social hands and still do my normal weapon damage.
    Word. Everyone knows I got a cyberdeck on anyway, I want to hold some cool looking stuff And for every other prof, well you can leet anyway and nobody can see what you use.

I guess at that point it comes down to making the animations be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Lackofgravy View Post
    Trox with skelly turns them into opi.. No like but still bump!
    Michizure's avatar on Test Live is a trox skeleton :|
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Michizure's avatar on Test Live is a trox skeleton :|
    Legos and MP pets are trox as well.

P.s.: You forgot to mention the bunny on top of his head. WTB his bunny! NOW!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

The bunny *is* (technically) his head
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast