Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Balance: AO vs any other game

damn pvmers ruining the game for the rest of us.

Also, wth are all the PvM'ers doing here whining about PvP? This is like me showing up in an RP thread whining about stuff without ever having RP'ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    pvm cupcakes have no say about balance.
    My sig...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

what about it?

I think he somehow equates his logical fallacy quote in his sig with some sort of justification for having a say about the rebalance that wont affect his dear little 6man pande raids in the slightest.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    My sig...
    PvP'ers don't do Battlestation. Battlestation is where PvM nubs go so they can feel like they've PvP'ed.

PvPers are the minority in every mmorpg that doesn't force PvP ( i.e. the majority of mmorpgs ), they just cry the loudest.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    PvPers are the minority in every mmorpg that doesn't force PvP ( i.e. the majority of mmorpgs ), they just cry the loudest.
    ironically the pvpers are the ones that understand pvm the best since you kinda pvm your balls off to gear a pvp toon <_<

ironically the pvpers are the ones that understand pvm the best since you kinda pvm your balls off to gear a pvp toon <_<
    Maybe. But it's all the various PvP "balance" crap over the years that turned PvM into a steamroll-the-mob joke.

PvP balance is a fine thing to work on if you take PvM into account at the same time. *Most" PvPers as well as FC themselves usually do not.

And adding huge health bars to mobs or adding things like huge melee distances to mobs isn't really fixing PvM either.

I'm just hoping they do in fact take BOTH styles of players into account with their "rebalance", that's all.
    Last edited by Phixalicious; Mar 24th, 2012 at 19:57:30.

it goes without saying that no matter what balance changes they make pvm will remain just as easy as it is today. so let's not dwell on it and focus on important things

Real PvPers dont play AO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    Real PvPers dont play AO.
    Balls.

...I really didn't know what to say to this.
    Otaku - Teh Main!!! - 220 Fixer (Needs money)
    Dochelm - Teh Healer!!! - Doctor (WTB ADO HECK TEAM PST)
    Nikkiibenz - Teh Pr0nstar!!! - Soldier (Bein' sexy)
    Notyourtank - Teh TotW Beast!!! - Keeper (Needs moar money)
    ~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    I see a slight problem with people wearing Xan armor on top of their Xan implants and their Xan belt and Xan NCUs while toting around their Xan weapon(s)...

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    I prefer to play solo.

solo.solo.solo.solo.solo.

You know its an mmorpg?
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

PVPers requesting balance didnt' screw up PVM, thats the most ridiculous thing I've heard.

FC screwed balance vs PVM when they introduced LE, XAN without upgrading the mobs, and, furthermore, not upgrading the mobs (or introducing harder ones) once there was a reasonable population of players with gear that reflected "end game" when SL was released.

@ sharieda, I agree, AO's world PVP is the best there is, but, if there's no-one in game it's not worth.
    Last edited by Anarrina; May 3rd, 2012 at 18:18:48. Reason: removed obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    FC screwed balance vs PVM when they introduced LE, XAN without upgrading the mobs, and, furthermore, not upgrading the mobs (or introducing harder ones) once there was a reasonable population of players with gear that reflected "end game" when SL was released.
    Mr. McSamwich! Just stop giving FC ideas.

Next thing you know they'll balance pvm world-wide by tripling mob HP bars AO-wide instead of making them smarter as a way to counter LE/XAN player power upgrade.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post

You know its an mmorpg?
    Yes, and no where in mmorpg does it mention that you have to form teams.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post

You know its an mmorpg?
    Look at his name ... I believe it was intended as a joke
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Why would you balance AO based on what "balance" is found in other games? I'm at a loss here. AO does not exist in a vacuum, no, but nor does that mean because the super evade perk in SW:ToR lasts 3 seconds, DoF in AO has to last 3 seconds. I can't comprehend why somebody would make a case for changing the entire focus of a game based on another game. Do you enjoy the way that game plays, the controls, the balance in PvP, the mass PvP? Go there, instead.

AO is small. Balancing the game around mass PvP won't help anyone. AO needs to be balanced so each profession has something to contribute, not so each profession in mass PvP can be like all the others, and I'm sorry to break this to all you PvP'ers out there, but PvP is not the only aspect of the game. PvM is a much larger part of the game than PvP, PvP is simply the "end" of the game for those with a maxed out character or a well twinked character. (I'm certain this will spark much arguing, epeen waving, and flaming, but its the truth.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collodion View Post
    I'll create a viral video to raise money to fight the evil hard water ring stains in toilet bowls. I'll raise millions to arm and equip thousands of Tidy Bowl Men. They will put up a good fight, but ultimately will lose the war. But at least I'll get a new car and a nice house with new toilet bowls out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    that helm helps so damn much for tl 4 and tl 5 twinks becose of the torturing.

Quote Originally Posted by Belligerence View Post
    Why would you balance AO based on what "balance" is found in other games? I'm at a loss here. AO does not exist in a vacuum, no, but nor does that mean because the super evade perk in SW:ToR lasts 3 seconds, DoF in AO has to last 3 seconds. I can't comprehend why somebody would make a case for changing the entire focus of a game based on another game. Do you enjoy the way that game plays, the controls, the balance in PvP, the mass PvP? Go there, instead. .)
    I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Belligerence View Post
    AO is small. Balancing the game around mass PvP won't help anyone. AO needs to be balanced so each profession has something to contribute, not so each profession in mass PvP can be like all the others, and I'm sorry to break this to all you PvP'ers out there, but PvP is not the only aspect of the game. PvM is a much larger part of the game than PvP, PvP is simply the "end" of the game for those with a maxed out character or a well twinked character. (I'm certain this will spark much arguing, epeen waving, and flaming, but its the truth.)

The dev's screwed up PVM balance back in SL days.

As for PVP being "only" a thing for maxed out chars, thats a lie and you know it.

Balance for PVM has been thrown out aeons ago. Yes, I agree some profs need to be able to contribute something in pvm, but that "something" can often be found through proper PVP balance.

The REAL problem AO has is that all balance in PVM is based around retardedly large HP bars, not around mob AI.

If mob AI was closer to that on players, you would see (and you do see in other games that have this) a significant shift: you can treat PVP and PVM the same way, and, balance, therefore is indistinguishable between target venue.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    As for PVP being "only" a thing for maxed out chars, thats a lie and you know it.
    I never said it was "only" for maxed out characters, I said it was primarily for maxed out characters. If your character isn't maxed out, you're probably not going to be doing much other than dying, and that's not very much fun for most people, meaning they'll skip PvP until they are maxed out... usually. And if you make PvM behavior the same as PvP behavior, why bother with one over the other? Why not just stick them together and call it a day? They're different aspects of the game, should be treated different, and the primary focus should be balancing out PvM, then working on PvP. PvM, as I said, is a larger part of the game than PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Collodion View Post
    I'll create a viral video to raise money to fight the evil hard water ring stains in toilet bowls. I'll raise millions to arm and equip thousands of Tidy Bowl Men. They will put up a good fight, but ultimately will lose the war. But at least I'll get a new car and a nice house with new toilet bowls out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    that helm helps so damn much for tl 4 and tl 5 twinks becose of the torturing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast