Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iMongo fearing instead of taunting (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Biancha View Post
    I still have not been able to make this happen on Rubi-Ka, only in the Shadowlands (with Mongo and single taunts), and only on mobs that are green to me.
    Yeah, but that's the problem. The mobs are green to me but not green to all of my teammates in inferno missions. I was in an inf mish last night literally saying "You guys see this.. I'm mongoing and the mobs are acting like I'm not here" and others saw it too.

Given my experience with how sometimes-unpredictably weird taunts have always behaved, I would not be too surprised if this never gets fixed. We may just have to suck it up and consider it a "random-chance of X happening" or something. Welcome to being an Enforcer :|
    I'm not sure about this 'suck it up' concept. It wasn't working like this pre 18.5, there's nothing mentioned in any patch notes about a change to iMongo, etc. That's why I'm asking whoever the enforcer professionals are if they've spoken to a dev. And who are the enforcer professionals? The only person I can find with an enforcer prof shield is Arrien, and as far as I know she stopped playing AO back when SWTOR came out.. or is she back? And who is the other professional? I thought it was Obtena but no professional shield or title under his name.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Yeah, but that's the problem. The mobs are green to me but not green to all of my teammates in inferno missions. I was in an inf mish last night literally saying "You guys see this.. I'm mongoing and the mobs are acting like I'm not here" and others saw it too.
    I did some tests and put wrote them down a few posts back, so I've seen what you're talking about (I didn't try it in an Inferno mission, but the same thing happens outdoors)

I don't see it as "mobs acting like I'm not here" though, since they are reacting to taunts, although in a broken way.

For me, mobs "acting like you're not there" and attacking your teammates while you throw thousands of taunt value at it again and again is a different issue, and has been happening in some situations in inferno and in the alien ships from city raids since way before this patch.

Taunts are definitely broken in a new way with this recent patch though.

I'm not sure about this 'suck it up' concept. It wasn't working like this pre 18.5, there's nothing mentioned in any patch notes about a change to iMongo, etc.
    I'm not saying that we ought to "suck it up", I'm just saying taunts have been behaving inexplicably in many situations for a long, long time and if this current situation never got fixed correctly, I would not be surprised :/

It's a pretty severe bug though so I sure hope they fix it - hopefully without breaking other stuff

That's why I'm asking whoever the enforcer professionals are if they've spoken to a dev. And who are the enforcer professionals? The only person I can find with an enforcer prof shield is Arrien, and as far as I know she stopped playing AO back when SWTOR came out.. or is she back? And who is the other professional? I thought it was Obtena but no professional shield or title under his name.
    The professionals are Arrien and Obtena. If one or the other of them stepped down, I don't think there was ever a post about it.

I don't see it as "mobs acting like I'm not here" though, since they are reacting to taunts, although in a broken way.

For me, mobs "acting like you're not there" and attacking your teammates while you throw thousands of taunt value at it again and again is a different issue, and has been happening in some situations in inferno and in the alien ships from city raids since way before this patch.
    Well when I stated "acting like I'm not there" what I really should have said was no reaction to the iMongo at all. They didn't taunt and they didn't fear.. in fact, it was almost as if they resisted my nano as I didn't even see the nano effect hit them at all. I was in very close proximity to the mobs (in some cases standing right on top of them) so it also was not a range bug.

I ran around Ely out of boredom yesterday and experienced the same thing. I would stand right on top of a heck, hit iMongo and the nano effect (that huge glow that appears on the mob) would not appear. But after a couple times of spamming it, the mob would get the glow mongo effect and agg me.

I am new to the enforcer profession so maybe there is something else at play here... are mobs supposed to be able to resist the taunt?
    You can find me at:

I ran around Ely out of boredom yesterday and experienced the same thing. I would stand right on top of a heck, hit iMongo and the nano effect (that huge glow that appears on the mob) would not appear. But after a couple times of spamming it, the mob would get the glow mongo effect and agg me.
    This sounds similar to things I've noticed happening occassionally for a long, long time now. Since like, forever I tank stuff half-expecting my first taunt on a mob that's not aggroing anything to go into a blackhole and not "count", and not wake the mob up. If I hit it and then taunt, things are fine. Sometimes the mongo bubble effect shows up when this happens, sometimes not. In these instances, it never has mattered of the mob is grey, green, yellow, or red to me. Maybe these problems have been made worse with the removal of the 1 damage in the recent patch.

In your case above, did you try hitting the mob first, and then mongoing to see if the bubble effect happens? It's too bad the removal of the "you hit with 1 damage" spam chat makes this stuff harder to test now.

I am new to the enforcer profession so maybe there is something else at play here... are mobs supposed to be able to resist the taunt?
    Taunts have 0% Nano resist as their defense skill so I'm pretty sure that means mobs can not resist them. Not without sploiting bugs anyhow

I haven't done much testing on this to be honest. I can only encourage you to report it as a bug to the appropriate section of the forums and hope for the best.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Kintaii just responded in this thread that they're trying to figure out the cause of the issue. So at least I now know they're aware of the problem.
    You can find me at:

Besides the /pet hunt nerf they early implemented the nerf Ely heck OSB tanking as well? If we only could solve the complete heal, the game would be perfect...

Btw, what I noticed from taunts atm, either mongos or malices, is that the "ignoring the taunt completely" bug we had since the beginning of the AO is happening more. Before this patch, it happened onces a while, one time during a long s42 raid and such. Todays, it happens almost always, taunting like madness and everybody else besides me get aggro, in beast apf s42 db quest, anything red. I did not test on greens, but the yellow spirits from Vortexx just got feared as well.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I personally enjoy being an enf.
    I have 6 enfs : 13, 60, 150, 200, 219, 220 on both rk1 and rk2

I really enjoy playing enf as all of you here, but we are geting a punch in the face here.
    Why did they over-powered so much the dmg of the shade / NT ?? Right now a GOOD shade can take agg from you in no time - don't tell me I'm wrong because I'm not !

What insane move is this ? Are enforcers not suposed to tank anymore ?

PUT +1 DMG BACK TO TAUNTS !! Just put it back ...

lainbr is right ! is oh so right.

If this fiasco is going to perpetuate I'll go "dark side" and build a shade .. an opifex shade with zerker LA and all the stuff and I swear I'll hunt every single enf here till you'll all yell "put +1 dmg back on taunts and restore the power of the taunts"

Grr ... I'm freaking mad on this situation !

P.S. I personally don't wanna lose any in the raid because the enfs are nerfed by devs ...

The problem I have with this whole fiasco is the removal of 1pt dmg from mongo. Now I understand the reasoning was because of the +dmg gear patch. HOWEVER I would like to state the following reasons 1pt of dmg should be kept.

1. Who really cares about pvm epeen? Truthfully if the boss is dead and everyone gets loot...isn't that the goal anyway?
    2. It is a nice way for enforcers to gauge the effectiveness of mongo/agg tools to help keep the squishies from going splat.
    3. Obviously the "old" break on taunt-now-semi-fear effect currently in place is not desirable. Let us enfos earn aggro with dmg adds.
    4. Anti-pocket players would now have reason to rejoice with enfo's doing massive mongo+dmg adds to grey/green hecks stealing a portion of xp from the slackers! (welcome back CH pocket docs you are welcome i suggested this)
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    The problem I have with this whole fiasco is the removal of 1pt dmg from mongo. Now I understand the reasoning was because of the +dmg gear patch. HOWEVER I would like to state the following reasons 1pt of dmg should be kept.

1. Who really cares about pvm epeen? Truthfully if the boss is dead and everyone gets loot...isn't that the goal anyway?
    2. It is a nice way for enforcers to gauge the effectiveness of mongo/agg tools to help keep the squishies from going splat.
    3. Obviously the "old" break on taunt-now-semi-fear effect currently in place is not desirable. Let us enfos earn aggro with dmg adds.
    4. Anti-pocket players would now have reason to rejoice with enfo's doing massive mongo+dmg adds to grey/green hecks stealing a portion of xp from the slackers! (welcome back CH pocket docs you are welcome i suggested this)
    Would also give all the DD that Enfs around the world have cried for ages.

P.s.: OMG! Someone said I was right!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink

Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with

Holding aggro on adds isn't a problem enfos have so more +dmg on AOE taunts really doesn't serve any purpose other than allowing enfos to say they can do more damage in a very specific situation. While more damage is nice, I would like to see it associated with something that isn't as situational as an AOE taunt. Reasons are many, most of them linked to what we are aware of in the re-balance information. Of course, that's all questionable information but it is the only information we have right now.

Now, if simply re-introducing that +1 damage to AOE taunts fixes whatever this bug is, I'm all for that. The extra damage won't be of any significant consequence IMO anyways.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jul 11th, 2012 at 14:19:00.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

I will now add a nice info to this threat ...

Being in inferno searching DOJA I noticed something very important : if the mobs agged me, hit me and shield reflected dmg on them, my imongo doesn't fear the "damaged" ones anymore and is working as it should be !!

So is all about +1 dmg (or whatever dmg we do on mob prior to taunting it).

Allow me to put the "i" under it's dot or viceversa - we are NOT dmg dealers, we are dmg takers as I always use to say and our MAIN goal is not the killing of boss / swarm of adds, but keeping everyone alive by keeping agg on us. Ofc we can't compete with suicidal tendencies, but we must take agg and keep it on us !

One more thing - ok so they removed +1 not to do some "big" dmg by AOE taunts, but let me ask you something : let's suppose I have +700 dmg on me (ofc as a tank you will NEVER have that amount of +dmg) and let's suppose my every i-mongo does +700 dmg on mobs... does this really seem big dmg when i-pande mobs have like 500k-1000k life ? I don't think so !

P.S. PvP enfs and hybrids are not discussed here, in those cases all I said is to be changed so I speak only from PvM (PvE) enf point of view.
    P.S.2 : and now we got the answer to the question which was unanswered for 11 years - "Why does taunts do +1 dmg ?" - for taking agg
    Last edited by PigBrother; Jul 12th, 2012 at 17:03:32.
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Quote Originally Posted by PigBrother View Post
    One more thing - ok so they removed +1 not to do some "big" dmg by AOE taunts, but let me ask you something : let's suppose I have +700 dmg on me (ofc as a tank you will NEVER have that amount of +dmg) and let's suppose my every i-mongo does +700 dmg on mobs... does this really seem big dmg when i-pande mobs have like 500k-1000k life ? I don't think so !
    Actually it does. The +add damage on perks already made me jump 2~4 ranks up in DD solely because of the 1HB and the Form of Troll AoE perks.

I am gonna quite shamelessly push my idea that +dam additions to nanos and perks should have been a percentage based thing, ie. 0-x% of your add damage should be added. Taunts could then have had a zero percent efficiency for add damage and nothing would have had to be screwed with.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12