Thread: Thought on Add Damage.

Thought on Add Damage.

How about instead of making a binary choice of add damage or not on nanos, perks and DoT's you make it a 0-x% range, allowing benefits from add damage to range from nothing to maybe even a multiple ( greater than 1) of your add damage score, this would make it so that for example DoT's could get a 20% benefit on the tick or even less, in addition Tripplors and other multi hit nukes might be better balanced by not adding a full amount on each hit.

Ok, so maybe tripples aint making it into the new system but the point still stands.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Honestly thought about this when they had placed add damage on nanos, personally didn't see it very interesting.

Wouldn't see it as making different setups actually end up with different play patterns (Somewhat incorrect word, but, lack of a better one as I'm sort of tired). I think it's nice that adding +dmg may make different abilities stronger, and other abilities less.

This would start watering down the potential for other setups, and would help narrowing down characters into only having one setup, which, personally, doesn't seem very fun.
    Last edited by wonderland; Jul 5th, 2012 at 08:12:17.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrauma View Post
    How about instead of making a binary choice of add damage or not on nanos, perks and DoT's you make it a 0-x% range, allowing benefits from add damage to range from nothing to maybe even a multiple ( greater than 1) of your add damage score, this would make it so that for example DoT's could get a 20% benefit on the tick or even less, in addition Tripplors and other multi hit nukes might be better balanced by not adding a full amount on each hit.

Ok, so maybe tripples aint making it into the new system but the point still stands.
    It's what they should have done. As it is now scaling is all out of whack.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

how about making +damage coefficiency related to overall dot duration, tick interval or just hand picking unique % for each dot?
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Having your +dmg/#ofticks added to each tick of a DoT would make sense, but it's gonna be the same damage in the end as it is now so if they don't feel like changing it who really cares

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    how about making +damage coefficiency related to overall dot duration, tick interval or just hand picking unique % for each dot?
    Well the ideal situation would be hand picked %s that are based around a standard formula.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.