Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Disharmony

I have to admit, i haven't read all the info Involving the changes to +damage going to other Perk actions besides Disharmony. However I don't see a difference there. In regards to What has just been done to Disharmony: I don't think i even have to say, but
    I will. I am extremely displeased. It was STILL hard to find teams with 18.5 even though i could finally heal my self in the way that made me useful. and Even with the fairly large increase in damage that we got from the proc. The big 3 were still completely annihilating us in the damage aspect.
    SO what have you done FC? you have done nothing but Nerf MA's from 18.4-18.5.1
    and why? We were never overpowered before. And now we have lost somewhere around 10K damage per minute. And the new heal leaves A LOT to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    one step back will allow for more steps forward, in a better direction.

Fia
    Please be advised that, as I forewarned you in the PM, that this would inevitably lead to discontent within the MA community.

Nerf after nerf on weak professions is not the way to keep a game in balance.

While Obtena may have been right in the assessment that we need to "take one step back to take two steps forward" It's ridiculous to think that one of the least played, least desirable professions right now, want to be on the recieving end of this type of "one step back" type of approach.

To be perfectly honest with you, you're not making things any better, MA's have been broken for a long time, but you're making it worse.

If you want to keep subscribers happy, you have to make decent fixes to broken things, not debilitate profs further.

If you want to fix something, fix the broken stuff, like the 1he/1hb problem, or the 80% pistol perk checks that have kept every evade prof in a basically prostate state since their arrival.

You've got a broken game, and you're trying to fix it by kicking a dead horse? MA's aren't the profession you need to worry about. If you want to use your nerf hammer, start with the problems I listed above.

MA's, I can guarantee you, are now rightly pissed as F*ck.

Please show us the plan you have for us to "take steps forward, in a better direction", and do it before our subs run out.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Please show us the plan you have for us to "take steps forward, in a better direction", and do it before our subs run out.
    Awww my sub just ran out
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

The healing has been decreased from 312 (PRE DAMAGE NANO PATCH) to 300.

HOW IS LESS HEALING A (BOOST)???

MA is far from broken, underpowered, or weak. They just don't fit into most PvM team comps or into PvP metagame.

Before someone unleashes the nerdrage, yes, its quite possible for a class to be very powerful and not very viable at the same time.

Unfortunately they also can never be buffed without becoming balls insane, as evidenced by this brief change to Disharmony. Sadly entire class needs a completele rework from the ground up, so see you in 2058.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    MA is far from broken, underpowered, or weak. They just don't fit into most PvM team comps or into PvP metagame.

yes, its quite possible for a class to be very powerful and not very viable at the same time.
    I agree. MA's aren't underpowered. I've never said they were. But, what I have said is that profs who don't need a boost are getting the most out of recent patches.

For example, I used enforcers and shades as gaining the most (and enforcers are just over the top gainers on this) on the damage to perk patch - neither of which need any buffs at all right now especially enforcers.

I also need to qualify your statement. Because, your statement about beign powerful is only true under certain conditions, for example:

* MA's are strong under controlled circumstances (ie. A duel)
    * MA's are strong with low latency (in other words, for about 10% of the community MA's are/could be brutally strong, while for the remaining 90% they are clumsy) For example, in Australia, a 0.0 second equip time takes 3.5 seconds, and, in the pinpoint accuracy requirement of MA controlled circumstance PVP, even a 1 second lag on something so important as a 0 second equip time, becomes a signficant detriment to the char in PVP
    * MA's are strong when targets are not moving (this is a very important point, because synch issues combiend with 2m range on fists/non-swapping weaps means that in mass PVP MA's are moving targets - but are literally confined to play defensively unless they equip a bow - thus rendering them completely useless except for one good attack every 11 seconds (14.5 seconds in australia).

While I understand that FC can't plan for latency, they could equalize the field somewhat by providing a weapon selection for MA's that would allow them to be competitive in PVP without swapping.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lindelu
    I regret to learn that I was not clear enough in my post, with "boosted a little" I meant boosted from how much it used to heal before 18.5.0, and not after it was affected by the Damage Modifiers. As Obtena put it, one step back will allow for more steps forward, in a better direction.

Fia

So MA's get nerfed twice, damage and healing > The healing has been decreased from 312 (PRE DAMAGE NANO PATCH) to 300.

BUT now it looks like everything is well and planed out for the MA profession, and i for one am really looking forward to the up coming changes (more steps forward, in a better direction)

Does that mean we will see the MA become near the best DD profession in the game?

Just like it say the in description of what a MA is suppose to be. (When it comes to dishing out raw combat damage a Martial Artist outshines all other professions)

Quote Originally Posted by NayNay9 View Post
    Quote:
    BUT now it looks like everything is well and planed out for the MA profession, and i for one am really looking forward to the up coming changes (more steps forward, in a better direction)
    I hope that this is actually the case. Unfortunately for quite a while now this game has seemed like a van full of blindfolded people being driven down the road at high speed. They can feel every swerve it makes and every pothole it hits. They don't know the direction they are going and only have the assurance of the driver that everything is fine and that they will reach their destination Soon(tm).

Since the reason stated for this nerf to Disharmony is that the boost it received exceeded FC's vision of the MA I would like to know if MA's now fit within that vision. If the answer is yes then that gives me a decent idea of just what we can expect for the foreseeable future. That future being more attainable than any number of steps forward that are coming Soon(tm).
    Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    I need to shut my mouth now or I will be quoted on the internet talking about b00bs, again.

Linde (:

It seems to me that they are are using the testserver all wrong, or could you find any other explanation to letting such a change go onto live and 2 weeks after realising that,
    "oops guys, for some unknow reason we did not understand how the change would really pan out, although we had it on test and could test it for as much as we wanted, so now after about 2 weeks we decided to pull the change, live with it"

It's actually this very part that i don't like at all, is 1+1 = 453 on test server and 2 on live or what exactly is the problem?
    Understaffed to actually test the changes? Give me a few free accounts and i'll work for you part time
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

This change makes me very unhappy. We messed up so now we will nerf you worse than before we touched anything... Any I missing something here? As someone who has played most all of the classes in AO I am not wondering if I should just stop leveling my MA until some more details come out on what we will become and when it will happen... Classic AO decision making though.. Oh crap we have a problem so we need to unwind it and compensate the rest of the community by including a little nerf...

I had hi hopes for the new game director, but this type of change is the same crap we have seen the entire time..... We gave you too much healing so to punish you for our mistake we will take that healing to a point before we started AND take your damage...

Unfortunately they also can never be buffed without becoming balls insane, as evidenced by this brief change to Disharmony.
    Balls insane? The only thing that was over the top was the healing could of been scaled back to 60% like we've said. If u think the damage from the proc was insane your obviously dont play the MA much because it was a great unintentional change that was a step in the right direction finally.

OOC, org chat, vicinity, and shopping were full of MA(s) raving about their new damage.
    You gained 96 PVP Solo Score.
    Angelyna: (03:55) Srompu forces your NCU to run Feet of Stone...
    [Theater of Tragedy] Johnnykay: he's a 220 crat and srompu is probably wearing tl5 symbs
    [Theater of Tragedy] Johnnykay: he deserved to die

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    You don't see people wandering around screaming "THIS BOOK IN THE FIRST PERSON WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER IF THE MAIN CHARACTER WAS A QUASIGENDER HAMSTER ON FIRE".

Soooo are they Looking at the Trader who is using MA and has Accum perk.....??? Did their heals get the Nerf Hamma??? Why does it seem like trader heals r slightly Faster/Better than Ma's?? Why do they get to keep Accum Drain heal Untouched???? Why DO YOU hate ma's so much????

While I understand that FC can't plan for latency, they could equalize the field somewhat by providing a weapon selection for MA's that would allow them to be competitive in PVP without swapping.
    Except some people would still be swapping those new weapons and it'd overpower them through the roof. Sadly there's not one simple item/perk bandaid fix that can help here, entire class needs rework and reimagining.

Except some people would still be swapping those new weapons and it'd overpower them through the roof. Sadly there's not one simple item/perk bandaid fix that can help here, entire class needs rework and reimagining.
    thats actually not true.

If you made two upgradeable BoB's, one with Fast attack, one with Sneak attack, and both with combined MA, they'd be on par with advies.

Advies have all those attacks, with better defence, better AR on fast attack, and better peak damage on SA.

MA's have all those attacks, dimach on a faster timer and combined MA to boot (and all the MA attacks that go with it, but, lower damage on weapons, lower peak damage on SA, lower FA AR, and better brawl AR.

Defensively, MA's are behind advies, but, with that setup, MA's would be stronger offensively. So it would balance out.

Furthermore, the real benefit to this setup would be the utilitarian value, which would allow MA's to finally be able to operate as a running melee unit.

Increase the range on the upgraded BoB's, and on hatreds, and you'd finally get some melee involvment in PVP.

FC is halfway there, with adding fast attack to the Kuma tonfa - realisticaly, though, a smart PVM MA could already have acheived this by using a alexander punchknife. So, that particular change really didn't add a lot to the MA toolset.

Sneak attack, however, is only achievable on a Obfuscating dagger (too slow and too low damage to be useful) or on a flabbergaster, which just has too low damage, crit and the recharge on it is out of hand as well. REgardless, though, that setup actually almost works in mass PVP just because you can stay mobile and spam specials on called targets (It only doesn't work because the majority of hits are for such a low value that it doesn't do anything to a called target)... where you need to be hitting for 3kish to even dent someone, these weapons will do more like 800 PVP damage usually.

With the recent Nerfs to damage and healing (pre damage nano patch)

Where do MA's sit DD wise compared to other professions? (pvm)

I'm thinking 5 or 6 from the best?

1: Shades
    2: Eng
    3: NT
    4: Crat
    5: Sol
    6: MA

My MA easily out damages soldiers. or did before 18.5
    Id just like to know why MA's got the nerf stick while every other profession benefited from 18.5
    Fix it FC please. (and no it's not fixed now.)

Someone mentioned MA's no longer fit their character creation descriptions? Newsflash, none of the profs fit their descriptions anymore. The devs over the years have screwed all the profs around so much due to different GD's/devs preferring different "love childs" and constant nerfs/buffs as bandaids for "class balance", that all the descriptions at character creation should be wiped.
    Last edited by Phixalicious; Jul 21st, 2012 at 22:46:03.

Not only did FC take away are damage proc of 240

The healing has been decreased from 312 to 300, (PRE DAMAGE NANO PATCH)

We are told that our healing would receive a little boost, now my question is > How is this a boost???

WILL FC PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION

Or is it just another lie? and hoping people who still play an MA wouldn't see it?
    Last edited by NayNay9; Jul 22nd, 2012 at 01:58:28.

thats actually not true.

If you made two upgradeable BoB's, one with Fast attack, one with Sneak attack, and both with combined MA, they'd be on par with advies.
    Sorry, i thought you said competetive without swapping.

This would not be competetive, 10% improvement from awful is still awful. Pointless effort, basically.

Sadly there's no easy way to make "MA Troa'ler Pistol" , aka, something that mantains relative power level while moving the profession into "FC approved" weapon line instead of using obscure RK/SL weapons.

If its not on the level of what good swapping player can do, competetive players wont make the switch making the whole thing pointless. If it is competetive but removes all the timing/skill/lag/luck mixture from the equation, it'll be crazy overpowered.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast