Thread: Logon screen GUI stuff

Logon screen GUI stuff

Well, i only have one thing... for now. Maybe some of the other punters might crap in the thread as well.

I would like to be able to scroll through account names with arrow keys ( up/down), with the client slamming the mouse pointer up in the left top corner and also the fact that you are about to enter the password anyways ( possibly using *both* hands 'cause the password is strong and stuff) it would be nicer to be able to scroll to the right account, tab to password entry and... well, you get the idea.

I can do one of those It-used-to-work-that-way!!! wails if you want, PM me for that, there is also a special on PVP-is-death-death so go for it!!!
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

I actually have something quite the opposite. I'd prefer the cursor to be set to the password box by default. People that may not use more than one account that frequently would find it more useful. A setting to choose your default cursor location would be helpful, but for an extra click or two, is not a necessity.

I've just find myself accidentally typing letters on to the end of my account name quite often.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Silvana View Post
    People that may not use more than one account that frequently would find it more useful.
    I don't know how to respond to this

As long as i can still tab 'tween account name box and password ( and use arrow keys in the proscribed manner) i have no real or imagined problem with what you said ( except for that poor taste joke you made and i quoted).
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrauma View Post
    I don't know how to respond to this

As long as i can still tab 'tween account name box and password ( and use arrow keys in the proscribed manner) i have no real or imagined problem with what you said ( except for that poor taste joke you made and i quoted).
    No joke involved. Some people don't use more than one account aside from a mule froob account from time to time. We don't all run around with a posse of dual-logged accounts to self-buff and help clear missions Some people don't have the attention span for it, or just plain don't do it. Everyone has their own play style
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

I would go with cursor in password box and then tab+arrows to choose used accounts...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

I have No Idea how many ppl use several accounts on the same AO installation, but I think a default cursor position in the password box would be most benefitial to the larger amount of players. Of course, tabbing between the two fields is very useful.
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Bothead View Post
    I have No Idea how many ppl use several accounts on the same AO installation,
    everyone.

The main problems I can see with this are:

1/ The scroll wheel no longer works in the accounts list.
    2/ There is now no functionality with the numeric pad in the password window.
    3/ You can't click on the accounts name to get the list, you have to aim for the TINY arrow (doesn't bother me on my PC but my girlfriend on her laptop and with mouse lag curses up a blue storm every time she tries to log in).
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Now that the new patch is coming in and seems to have defaulted the initial position of the prompt in the password box(I'd actually prefer it in the username box, can we have an option for this?), is someone working on the ability to either get the scroll wheel working in the accounts list, or for a keyboard-specific way to choose which account you want to log into, without having to "aim for the TINY arrow" with the mouse? Both would be good enhancements I think.
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Is it a symptom of the default GUI that the arrow is referred to as "TINY" ? Even on a 110 DPI monitor I find it to be of sufficient size :s but I use ndGUI.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

It is pretty tiny, at 1680x1050 it is about the same width as for example this here "s" , now i don't have big trouble clicking it but i see no reason for it to be this small.