Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Small Update

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    Can you merge a froob account in with a paid account without the froob account then being forced to become paid?
    I believe that can be done, however... character transfers only works if both accounts are either froob, or paid with exact same expansions.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

iirc, you can transfer froobs to paid accounts, but not the other way around.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    That is the case...
    I have several froob accounts under my main account, and have trasnfered froobs to paid accounts, but can't transfer them back.
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    This is correct. It is the only logical way for things to work. Because if we allowed a player to transfer a character from a paid to a froob account, then he/she wouldn't be able to play on that froob account until it was converted to a subscriber... and this would be a very bad customer experience. Because characters on paid accounts all have flags that allow them to obtain in game advancement not available to froobs. It's just how the model works.

I have a question that nobody answered me before. Will there be an upgrade of the audio engine to have 5.1 audio like AoC and TSW?

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Marcusius1 View Post
    I have a question that nobody answered me before. Will there be an upgrade of the audio engine to have 5.1 audio like AoC and TSW?
    It's not specifically planned. We use Miles Sound (I actually don't know what AoC and TSW use for their sound middleware). Coincidentally, Miles Sound has a new SDK toolset has some sound upgrades and I was planning to speak to Macrosun about this when he gets back from vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    I believe that can be done, however... character transfers only works if both accounts are either froob, or paid with exact same expansions.
    Okay, cool. I just want to merge the accounts themselves for simplicity, I don't need to transfer any characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    This is correct. It is the only logical way for things to work. Because if we allowed a player to transfer a character from a paid to a froob account, then he/she wouldn't be able to play on that froob account until it was converted to a subscriber... and this would be a very bad customer experience. Because characters on paid accounts all have flags that allow them to obtain in game advancement not available to froobs. It's just how the model works.
    Thanks for enabling the Account Merge paid service, my orgmates are very happy.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

Sweet. I love it when AO bosses speak honestly to the player base. And by love it, I mean just reactivated & resubbed for a year. You guys should do this more often .

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    People still bring up how the game had a poor launch, and it's only been 11 years and some months. Don't expect that to go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    speak for yourself. i hold ilalya and fia PERSONALLY responsible for EVERY wrongdoing done to the community by the entire fc staff since the game launched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I'm holding them responsible for the state of the game at launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomorepromises View Post
    And while I'm at it, the AO launch was terrible. I didn't have a Voodoo 3dfx card so walking through Tir was like lag hell. But what else am I gonna do... complain and whinge on the boards about it? I think so.

EDIT: And all the client crashes... in 2001... sigh.
    My signature seems strangely appropriate at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    My signature seems strangely appropriate at the moment.
    I just noticed it and wondered why you keep that in there O.o
    Ebony Cindersylph Sunset - Gothic Enforcer
    Pain leads to ascension... let me be your guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindersylph View Post
    I just noticed it and wondered why you keep that in there O.o
    Reminds people of how far the game has come, reminds them of the anniversary date. Little bit of nostalgia is triggered when some people read it (personally it makes me think of how AO was before SL, I liked how you could see desert-planet survival in almost all gear).

And, of course, the way they phrased it is humorous due to how terrible the launch truly was. Still considered the worst MMO launch.

I was of the opinion it was there to strengthen the image in player mentality that FC had no idea what they were doing and still don't, and still try to whitewash horrendous problems...

I was of the opinion it was there to strengthen the image in player mentality that FC had no idea what they were doing and still don't, and still try to whitewash horrendous problems...
    That is exactly how that signature comes about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    It's not specifically planned. We use Miles Sound (I actually don't know what AoC and TSW use for their sound middleware). Coincidentally, Miles Sound has a new SDK toolset has some sound upgrades and I was planning to speak to Macrosun about this when he gets back from vacation.
    Although as an audiophile and musician, I would greatly appreciate a move to 5/6/7.1 surround in AO, I'd just like to chime in on how horrendous surround gaming can be when enough time is not devoted to it - and its easy to break with minor patches. My other recent MMO, Star Trek Online managed to completely break surround encoding in a content patch, so those of us running some of the more common sound cards had everything that was supposed to come from the center speaker sound like it was being played back in Satan's bathtub for more than a month.

Not that I doubt the capabilities or dedication of the AO team, and like I said, it would be great to hear, but I'd rather just emulate surround with my sound card's control panel than have a quickly/poorly done surround implementation. Audio design in games is often under-funded in comparison to graphics and other aspects, even though it is easily as integral to gameplay immersion. To do it properly and make it sound good with AOs current music and sound samples would require a massive rework of all the audio assets, and judging my the size of the AO team and the lack of a dedicated staff sound/music guy, might very well take longer to get right than the new graphics engine.

tl;dr, don't bother with surround sound in AO unless you plan to really, really, really spend some time and money on it. Better 2ch good quality sound than 5.1 that sucks.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Anarchy Online Account Merge

This offer will permanently merge two of your Anarchy Online customer accounts.

The account you choose to merge will be merged as a sub account of the account you are currently logged into. Once the merge is complete, the other login will no longer be available for account management. However, you will still log into the game with your old username and password.

Once the accounts are merged, your Anarchy Online accounts will all have the highest number of veteran months available to any of your merged accounts.

--------------- Above posted to the Server Notices Forum on Sept 7th ------------------

Can you merge a froob account in with a paid account without the froob account then being forced to become paid?
    Yes, each account in the merged group is paid/not paid separately. You can have paid-paid, froob, and unpaid-paid accounts up to 10 accounts and this count includes all Funcom game accounts linked/merged together.

You can transfer any toon to an account with equal or greater number of expansions. So a froob toon can go up to an account with expansions but not the other way around. Also a toon with only shodowlands can transfer to an account with all the expansions, but not the other way around.

Okay, cool. I just want to merge the accounts themselves for simplicity, I don't need to transfer any characters.
    Thanks for enabling the Account Merge paid service, my orgmates are very happy.
    However, the promised ...

"" Once the accounts are merged, your Anarchy Online accounts will all have the highest number of veteran months available to any of your merged accounts. ""

... is currently not working, or at least not working for players who merged/linked their accounts previously ...

My merged/linked accounts currently only show their own veteran months ... not the months of the highest/longest-open account within the group as promised.

Kinnik

That is exactly how that signature comes about.
    Sounds like you two have some issues with how FC handles things. Would you like to talk about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Sounds like you two have some issues with how FC handles things. Would you like to talk about it?
    Me? No. I just play the game and have fun. But seems most people around the forum have some kind of personal vendetta against the development team, and having that signature just seems like it fits in with the rest of the hatesquad.

Me? No. I just play the game and have fun. But seems most people around the forum have some kind of personal vendetta against the development team, and having that signature just seems like it fits in with the rest of the hatesquad.
    Unless I'm mistaken and you have a character not mentioned in your signature, you haven't really played for the last 6 years. Of the 11 year timespan the game has been out, it appears to me that you've played about 2 of them. Not much playing and having fun you're doing there :/

I wouldn't call it a personal vendetta. Most people around the forums do have a problem with the series of false promises we've been fed by FC over the years. I'm not sure how you equate the first link, about AO not being the only MMO still left alive from that era, or the second quote/link, about AO's terribad launch, into anything resembling hate for the current development team.

I've played alts

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast