Thread: Rant time

Rant time

ok where should i put a complaint about an item in the shop that the devs will see?

The heckler juice cans are cool but as usual it seems no one at funcom can have a single complete thought without screwing it up. there are so many cool but screwed over in some way nanos, weapons and armor in the game its mind boggling.

heckler juice 200 for 24,000 FC points and you cant use it unless you are level 150? seriously? and the lower one is 8,400 and gets you to level 100.

If you are going to charge 24,000 points for something then it had damn well better level you from 0 to 200 in one shot. I know it may seem like i'm over reacting but i've played this game since 2002 and have 3 active paid accounts right now and i am SICK of crap like this. I have many friends that play this game and we have NEVER had a conversation were at some point we weren't discussing some screwed up thing that we could fix in 60 seconds of talking that goes un-addressed or worsened for years on end.

Yes overall the game is great but why does the dev team seem to get off on sticking their finger in the player bases eye far to often?

You know what would actually make sense? charge 10,000 FC for a juice can that gave you 100 levels from whatever level you were at to a max of 200.

Quote Originally Posted by doubbleagent View Post
    The heckler juice cans are cool but as usual it seems no one at funcom can have a single complete thought without screwing it up. there are so many cool but screwed over in some way nanos, weapons and armor in the game its mind boggling.

heckler juice 200 for 24,000 FC points and you cant use it unless you are level 150? seriously? and the lower one is 8,400 and gets you to level 100.

If you are going to charge 24,000 points for something then it had damn well better level you from 0 to 200 in one shot. I know it may seem like i'm over reacting
    Has it ever occured to you that FC set the price high with the intention that the majority of the playerbase would still PLAY to get levels not BUY levels?

I know that building an endgame toon is a huge effort (it is mainly because the current low population).... but eh... I dont understand people. You only value something you worked hard for, it is basic stupid psychology. If leveling would be that cheap or easy then AO would be just another casual game which you play for a year at best then throw it in the dumpster and find a new game. Global Agenda or SWTOR comes to mind for instance.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Aramsunat View Post
    Has it ever occured to you that FC set the price high with the intention that the majority of the playerbase would still PLAY to get levels not BUY levels?

I know that building an endgame toon is a huge effort (it is mainly because the current low population).... but eh... I dont understand people. You only value something you worked hard for, it is basic stupid psychology. If leveling would be that cheap or easy then AO would be just another casual game which you play for a year at best then throw it in the dumpster and find a new game. Global Agenda or SWTOR comes to mind for instance.
    But thats counter-productive to them having the item in the store at all. In other threads, it was specifically said they were created to either a) counter the 3rd party levelers or b) to help the folks that have leveled many toons to 220 and wanted a break. Using either stated reason would tend to make me believe they intend to actually sell them. I would be suprised if they actually did based on the cost, but hey...I am suprised by a lot of things in MMOs.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

the point is if you are going to make an item make it at least MAKE SENSE! You don't do crap like this. its like at least 1/3 of the nanos out there. read the comments on them at auno etc. why waste dev time and player time making STUPID **** all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    But thats counter-productive to them having the item in the store at all.
    No, it is not. Counter-productive is when they invest developer work for it and it never gets sold, wich obviously isn't the case here. And for all those who even thought this was a direct lvl 1 to 200 boost....LOL MONEY WELL SPENT, HUH?! )
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

It's called heckler juice for a reason, and that isn't because it includes inf mishes.

atleast make it YesDrop so the rich kids can buy it and i can buy with ingame money ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Malraux View Post
    No, it is not. Counter-productive is when they invest developer work for it and it never gets sold, wich obviously isn't the case here. And for all those who even thought this was a direct lvl 1 to 200 boost....LOL MONEY WELL SPENT, HUH?! )
    The post I quoted indicated they thought "no one would buy them and FC knows that". Read the posts - I was responding directly to that person and if FC created something that they think won't sell, then it would be counter-productive (a waste of dev time to create for no income).

I do believe FC believes they will sell - why else would they create them? I also don't believe they will sell as the cost is just too high.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    I do believe FC believes they will sell - why else would they create them? I also don't believe they will sell as the cost is just too high.
    Of course they'll sell. I know of people who spend thousands of dollars a year on those stupid Facebook games.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    Of course they'll sell. I know of people who spend thousands of dollars a year on those stupid Facebook games.
    But you can "aquire" an end-game finished toon for so much less. Those are just on a different website. Name Change and poooof your done!
    Utopia