Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Can any profession...

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Good players will survive most enforcer alphas on any profession.

No that's wrong.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

From a solitus enf perspective I'd like to put it like this:

Classes that I can't perk, save nano feast and bring the pain:
    Adv
    Fixer
    Ma
    Shield mp
    Crat
    Keeper
    Shade

Classes I can not perk any kind of debuff running on me:
    Agent
    Trader
    NT
    Enfs

Classes that are always perkable
    Doc
    Engi
    Sol

Both sol and engi easily eats my alpha if they are endgame. Doc can be alphaed maybe 50% of the time. But a fear, rootgraft, stun, snare or whatever easily delays it enough for them to heal up. And then I have no damage again for 35 secs or so while they can spam damage.

If you add cra aura then trader, nt, enf and agents are moved up to the first category.

Surely enf is a good pvp class now but imo they are overall not the best one or even second best. That's still Adv and fixer. In team pvp engis are way WAY more destructive for fairness. So before enf is nerfed, lets take care of the bigger problems first.

I should mention I am in a pure def setup. But then again that's a must if you want to pvp successfully as enf. And I am clan on rk1 so that means no presence or focus towers and lowbie learning.
    Last edited by Noobius76; Nov 24th, 2012 at 11:37:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    From a solitus enf perspective I'd like to put it like this:

Classes that I can't perk, save nano feast and bring the pain:
    Adv
    Fixer
    Ma
    Shield mp
    Crat
    Keeper
    Shade

Classes I can not perk any kind of debuff running on me:
    Agent
    Trader
    NT
    Enfs

Classes that are always perkable
    Doc
    Engi
    Sol

Both sol and engi easily eats my alpha if they are endgame. Doc can be alphaed maybe 50% of the time. But a fear, rootgraft, stun, snare or whatever easily delays it enough for them to heal up. And then I have no damage again for 35 secs or so while they can spam damage.

If you add cra aura then trader, nt, enf and agents are moved up to the first category.

Surely enf is a good pvp class now but imo they are overall not the best one or even second best. That's still Adv and fixer. In team pvp engis are way WAY more destructive for fairness. So before enf is nerfed, lets take care of the bigger problems first.

I should mention I am in a pure def setup. But then again that's a must if you want to pvp successfully as enf. And I am clan on rk1 so that means no presence or focus towers and lowbie learning.
    Breed change to Trox and try again.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    No that's wrong.
    Unless you can claim that AO's good PVPers die to every 2 out of 3 enforcer alpha attempts, given the abundance of bad enforcers out there as well, then no, I am correct

lets bring up classical pvm-whines to pvp-thread..

Good pvper can kill bad pvper! this has been heard so many times in lots of different situations where profession balance has been discussed. so lets bring it here too. profession differences can be countered with just playing skills.

and MPs needs to compete only against other MPs. originally enfos were told to have awesome dd when you compare it to other enfos. so lets not compare profession to every other profession like what this thread is all about. Lets just determine toons capabilities when facing with another toon of same profession.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Unless you can claim that AO's good PVPers die to every 2 out of 3 enforcer alpha attempts, given the abundance of bad enforcers out there as well, then no, I am correct

We are talking good pvpers only.

Gimps are irrelevant.

Ergo, we only talk about trox enfs. Since breed change is only 350m and there is literally 0 reason to be soli pvp enf.

"I use beta symbs and cant kill people!"

Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by sultryvoltron View Post
    Breed change to Trox and try again.
    That's precisely his point and your statement supports it. The problem isn't the profession ... a point that alot of dense people can't seem to grasp.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

We are talking good pvpers only.

Gimps are irrelevant.

Ergo, we only talk about trox enfs. Since breed change is only 350m and there is literally 0 reason to be soli pvp enf.

"I use beta symbs and cant kill people!"
    It still becomes a hard point to determine. If we were talking about the best then its gonna be a very high success rate, but if you are talking about the best enforcers vs the best of another profession, then players are still going to survive those alphas more often than not.

The problem then becomes the enforcer easily running away and then coming back for the second alpha attempt. Chasing Forz through BS on my shade because he fails to alpha me, only to be unable to catch him, and then to have him turn around and kill me with the second one because my absorb tattoo is used up is a good example. Keep in mind I am not the best PVP shade of course, but I do know my own toolset and enforcer toolset enough to survive just as any really good player should. Good vs good is a battle of timing with defensive tools to counter the enforcer alpha, which all professions are capable of doing.

Either way I do not think the alpha+escape toolset of enforcers is fair or balanced.

That's precisely his point and your statement supports it. The problem isn't the profession ... a point that alot of dense people can't seem to grasp.
    The problem IS the profession combined with the breed.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Which profession isn't capable of being OP with mongo rage?

mp, doc, nt, crat, trader.

Which profession isn't capable of being OP with mongo rage?
    Which profession has an alpha that does 20-30k PvP damage and has several forms of CC, which when combined with Mongo Rage allows them to land it on anyone they would like?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

So as I said ... not the profession itself. Thanks for the clarification.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

So as I said ... not the profession itself. Thanks for the clarification.
    Any other Atrox of any other profession does not alphakill enough professions to warrant a thread asking what profs can survive them.

I think the Enf factor plays in quite well. Because you CHOOSE to be a breed that cannot land your perks does not make your perks any weaker.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Enfo isn't the problem, they just have best dual weapon options with their perklines. Making it easier to perform an alpha.

Advy, Smg Sol/Fix, Craphander Engi/Crat, Bow MP all can delivery kill alpha with MR. Or to be more blunt any toon with capped AS and 3 dmg perklines can delivery kills with MR.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Enfo isn't the problem, they just have best dual weapon options with their perklines. Making it easier to perform an alpha.

Advy, Smg Sol/Fix, Craphander Engi/Crat, Bow MP all can delivery kill alpha with MR. Or to be more blunt any toon with capped AS and 3 dmg perklines can delivery kills with MR.
    The multiple stuns/debuffs sure help a hell of a lot, to be sure.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

The difference is going trox gimps most classes whereas it enhances enf.

your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    mp, doc, nt, crat, trader.
    MP does, seen an MR using MP Petco use it often. You still have a lot made much stronger with it too

The difference is going trox gimps most classes whereas it enhances enf.
    That is a very good point.

Which profession has an alpha that does 20-30k PvP damage and has several forms of CC, which when combined with Mongo Rage allows them to land it on anyone they would like?
    Agent, MA, fixers, shades, enforcers, and sometimes soldiers. Enforcers do have too much CC, but when the bulk of your alpha damage is instant like ranged professions have then you do not need a ton of CC tools.

You also have professions with ridiculous amounts of sheer damage, which would be engineer, NTs, or crats which proc their nano damage boost.

Enforcers do have too much CC
    Well there we have it.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast