Thread: Start removing nanos, instead of adding more.

Start removing nanos, instead of adding more.

Wanna make balance a little easier? Try streamlining all the nanos and get rid of the overabundant chaff.

99% of nanos that don't contain the word "composite" in the "General" vendor are worthless junk taking up database room and having to be figured in the balance calculations even though they never get used.

And I'm sure plenty of people from every profession can give you long lists of "Profession Specific" nanos that are either completely worthless or just redundant.

Like at least half of the nanos in any specific line that never get used because even brand new characters have gotten so overpowered with gear and implants combined with increasingly weaker mobs because of past nerf/buff "balance" attempts ( I remember when Eumenides was someone to be feared by a noob in the subway, not anymore ) that noone bothers with going from say level 10 nanos to a level 20 version because they can equip a level 30 version already ( simplifying to make the point here ).

Having to deal with multiple bars and backpacks full of "skills" is bad enough, having to wade through the crap to find the useable stuff is worse. Especially for these new players we're supposed to be attracting.
    Last edited by Phixalicious; Dec 12th, 2012 at 02:22:37.

FC has informed us that nanos are made to scale in "system changes", so NTs should expect less nukes while getting more linear damage progression.

although it's still speculation how many nanos NTs will have, what nanos are affected and does it affect other professions.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    FC has informed us that nanos are made to scale in "system changes", so NTs should expect less nukes while getting more linear damage progression.

although it's still speculation how many nanos NTs will have, what nanos are affected and does it affect other professions.
    Yes, I did see that. It's a good step in the right direction.

Right now as a whole, nano vendors ( and of course weapon/armor/item vendors as well, but those have been talked to death) are like walking into a Wal-Mart that only has one shelf of actual useful items and the rest of the store is Barry Manilow albums.

The tools were updated to enable the deletion of nanos, and I believe that that implies that at least some will no longer exist post system-changes (probably quite a few as I doubt updating the tools was a simple job and wouldn't have been done for just a handful of nanos).

Which nanos (I'm betting all those general debuffs for starters!), we'll just need to wait and see, though as said, NT nukes will be getting streamlined at the very least.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Start with imongo, apf challenger, apf rage, ibehe, iPS.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

To bad iPS never made it in game

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Start with imongo, apf challenger, apf rage, ibehe, iPS.
    Followed by iBlockers..

Seriously tho, ****loads of nanos can be left out, however this shouldn't take up any resources at the current time since current team has a ton of work to do that is far more urgent
    Last edited by Kuyt; Dec 13th, 2012 at 21:31:46.
    NO U

and LE nukes...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuyt View Post
    Followed by iBlockers..

Seriously tho, ****loads of nanos can be left out, however this shouldn't take up any resources at the current time since current team has a ton of work to do that is far more urgent
    Considering they're supposed to be balancing the game and doing it right this time, this is the time to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuyt View Post
    Followed by iBlockers..

Sure iBlockers are retarded Id happily have them removed in exchange for the ones I listed.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot