Page 1 of 14 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Agent pvm-damage stagnates after tl5 and up

Agent pvm-damage stagnates after tl5 and up

How about making the unique agent-repetoir unavailable when in FP to increase DD? In comparsion with other professions, agents damage-capacity and output is quite nice at tl3 and tl4, but then it goes downhill.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

So you want a large damage add and critical increase when not using any mimics? That would be an ok temporary fix but I think it would be better if we stuck with improving all "damage" mimics instead.

Mimic MA, NT, and Soldier would be good candidates as well as the base form for agents. Let's say large critical increase for MA, large nano damage and nano regen gains for NT, and damage add increases for soldier. Base agent form could have powerful DoTs, powerful procs, and a general damage add and critical increase which is limited to pure agent only. Should probably increase AAD a bit as well since all survival from mimics is given up to do this.

I have to disagree. I don't think an agent should EVER be as powerfull as the prof he is mimicing. The benefit of having access to other prof nanos means you should be at diminished capacity. Agents toolset by itself has damage adds and crit increases. I don't think they should be able to get extra bonuses for being in mimic. Most definately they shouldn't be able to surpass crits of MA, or DD of NT/Sol.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Have you played since the damage patch? I'm pretty new on agent (so go easy!), but the procs are suddenly impressive.

try ranged energy main hand+bigburger ofhand.

Agents get more raw add dmg than any other class. Utilize the ad dmg by maximizing nuber of hits per minute+chances for procs.

/win

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    I have to disagree. I don't think an agent should EVER be as powerfull as the prof he is mimicing. The benefit of having access to other prof nanos means you should be at diminished capacity. Agents toolset by itself has damage adds and crit increases. I don't think they should be able to get extra bonuses for being in mimic. Most definately they shouldn't be able to surpass crits of MA, or DD of NT/Sol.
    An agent will never have the def and healing of an MA, the powerful nukes and of an NT, or the powerful shielding of a soldier. An agent should not be inferior to every profession always, and if they have greatly diminished survival or a limited toolset then their damage could at least be made superior.

Agent, by itself, is currently a purely offensive profession unlike shade, ma and soldier.

My idea was to make the agent toolset unavailable when in FP, enhance mimic a little (altho, I think it is adventurer that is supposed to fill in the role of other professions) for bonuses and then make the agent unique toolset more powerfull for damage, stealth/subterfuge and sniping.

Even as freeplayer, agent get 11 second AS very early and hit 13k quite often...thats from level 100ish and up. Imo, I don't think the profession is balanced very much endgame and suggesting a more proportional damage-increase from tl6 and up.

For example more damage from consentration and sureshot-buff, and higher aimed shot.

Edit:
    Adding cost/nano-init on agentgear is imo out of place, especially since FC could make more gear fp'able instead.
    Last edited by leetlover; Dec 16th, 2012 at 04:10:10.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    try ranged energy main hand+bigburger ofhand.
    What is this I don't even...
    You gained 96 PVP Solo Score.
    Angelyna: (03:55) Srompu forces your NCU to run Feet of Stone...
    [Theater of Tragedy] Johnnykay: he's a 220 crat and srompu is probably wearing tl5 symbs
    [Theater of Tragedy] Johnnykay: he deserved to die

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    You don't see people wandering around screaming "THIS BOOK IN THE FIRST PERSON WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER IF THE MAIN CHARACTER WAS A QUASIGENDER HAMSTER ON FIRE".

Quote Originally Posted by Sromp View Post
    What is this I don't even...
    Don't get him started.

And pure agent is not a pure offensive style like shade, MA, or soldier. Pure agent is the ONLY pure offensive style in AO. If survival vs damage was an actual concern though, shades and crats would not be among the top damage dealing professions.

If FC was actually concerned about balancing in that manner, however, agents should be easily hitting 400k DPM with a rifle while relying on de-taunts so that hopefully someone else holds the aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    Agent, by itself, is currently a purely offensive profession unlike shade, ma and soldier.
    I can not agree with this at all. Age, MA, Sol, NT are all purely offensive by your definition. Age has roots, MA heals, Solo tms, but they are all purely offensive. Roots, heals, reflects are all defensive or damage mitigation techniques. Same with NT 96% DD nukes 4% other nano types.

I played age up to 202, then rerolled Doc. You know why? Because I was always fp doc anyway and it's a lot easier healing with an actual doc than being in fp.

If it were the other way around which it seems like that is what you are suggesting, everyone would play agent in fp if there were advantages for being in fp over being the actual prof.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

. Most definately they shouldn't be able to surpass crits of MA
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Agents get more raw add dmg than any other class.
    that's like telling your fat wife she got nice shoes.
    Last edited by Xootch; Dec 18th, 2012 at 07:39:58.

Agent's are the fat wife's with nice shoes in AO ... all kinds of massive +add damage and no way to use it.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Agent's are the fat wife's with nice shoes in AO ... all kinds of massive +add damage and no way to use it.
    Pistols obviously.

I can not agree with this at all. Age, MA, Sol, NT are all purely offensive by your definition. Age has roots, MA heals, Solo tms, but they are all purely offensive. Roots, heals, reflects are all defensive or damage mitigation techniques. Same with NT 96% DD nukes 4% other nano types.
    Roots no longer mitigate any damage since a patch a few years ago.

Now if you root a mob they just stand still and whail on you from max range.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

the best way to utilize lots of add dmg is to :

1. increase the number of attacks per minute that will be affected.
    2. increase the number of specials, and cap their recharge to add yet more actions that utilize the add dmg
    3. once the number of attacks per minute is maxed, introduce the proc toolset.

By maxing out the number of chances a proc has to land, AND multiplying the damage a single proc does, you basically multiply the potential damage that prof can do.

At level 200 my agent is outfitted in about 800 points of add dmg gear, is using special edition ranged energy pistols (fastest burst recharge/ att/rech and decent min damage)

It's nothing special, but, considering the standard setup of 300 cobra with lots of crit chance... imo, I got like 4x more functionality in PVM (my toon isn't built for PVP at all). ultimately, it pumps out damage like nobodies business. I decided against bigburge because I couldn't get the FA lower than 37 seconds without severely nerfing my add dmg setup. So I stuck witht he SE energy pistols.

I can't be anything new, but it's great for steady hard damage on aliens and stuff. I don't have any problems with it... thats for sure. plus I just wanted t try something different.

oh. ic. so your point is op should retitle that agent rifle damage needs a boost. fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Pistols obviously.
    Too bad our add damage, even when combined with pistols, is not enough to make up for the damage that Engi pets or Crat nukes can do.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by sultryvoltron View Post
    Too bad our add damage, even when combined with pistols, is not enough to make up for the damage that Engi pets or Crat nukes can do.
    Are you sure? Looks like you already got some expert advice coming your way whether you asked for it or not.

Honestly I do not know what agent damage looks like in an all-out damage setup, or using different weapon types, I just imagine it varies signficantly and non-rifle setups sadly outdamage rifle options.

Quote Originally Posted by sultryvoltron View Post
    I don't see your point with this post. Why are you comparing Age v pet classes?

To counter your point, neither of those pet profs can heal like Age can. It's called a trade off when you can do almost anything in fp why are you unhappy? Heck we should all be upset we can't cast Touch of Marius or get to GM level lol. Maybe someone should make a game suggestion to add a +20 Vorpal Sword of Mountain Slaying to the database.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Carlo alone does more DD then a 220 agent, lol
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull