Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PvM Imbalances

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Please explain.

I'm sure you have plenty of experience dealing with adds without a mezzer or debuffer, so why don't you detail your chronicles of awesome by explaining just how you and your 4 super duper keeper friends would juggle beast agg while he is getting CH'd by the 3 pinks that just spawned.

I'm not questioning you, mate. I'm just telling you you're wrong. I wouldn't want you to waste four peoples time in some fruitless quest to down a big mob with 5 keepers.
    I have no reason to explain to someone who would not listen in the first place. You can learn a lot in AO when you do raids without a doc, enforcer, and crat.

Please explain.

I'm sure you have plenty of experience dealing with adds without a mezzer or debuffer, so why don't you detail your chronicles of awesome by explaining just how you and your 4 super duper keeper friends would juggle beast agg while he is getting CH'd by the 3 pinks that just spawned.
    As far as I have observed, as soon as someone starts attacking a pink, said pink will switch to self heal and won't ever heal beast anymore.

An mp's nanoshutdown works on pinks to stop their healing.

The trick with this type of endeavour is to try to match up damage mitigation techniques with a potential tank and enough support that can recover from problems encountered.

From my experience, besides enf, shade and sold, keeper or MA would make the next best tank based on individual damage dealing and capability to mitigate damage based on toolset.

MA would have to sacrifice damage for HP, keeper would have to sacrifice damage for HP and or AAD.

My feeling is that an MA wouldn't be able to tank Beast. Keeper I think could with ibehe, some swaps to HP items, doc buffs from agent, towers, raidbuffs, could bring HP up to about 36-40k without too much hassle. I think thats enough HP to take a hit, a random hit plus a nuke without dying.

Keeper also has watch ward.

So, I'd go with keeper to tank.
    Fabulous post. Numbers are very close to perfection also. I would definately try this encounter that way. With trader debuffs, advy/engi buffs, ward and evade procs running I would not be surprised if keeper was only hit 1 out of 3 possibly 5 tries from beast, not counting nukes. Add in all the dmg reduction from trad/mp this would be very interesting. Those proffessions also have the ability to do offensive perk chains together which is rarely done.

The real challenge would be from the adds popping- type and number of waves.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Djiax View Post
    As far as I have observed, as soon as someone starts attacking a pink, said pink will switch to self heal and won't ever heal beast anymore.
    That I did not know.

Thanks for sharing that gem

Can anyone else verify/confirm?

I can confirm, it seems so most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Next, we got to try to lower damage dealt even more... and only other prof who I think can do that is MP. However, MP is also gunna need to try to NSD beast, and this will spectacularly increase the effectiveness of the keeper tank as well. If no nukes are forthcoming, keeper will only need to deal with physical attacks which fit perfectly with keeper natural evades, DVP from engineer, AAO drains from trader
    Now, I'll admit it's been a really long time since I've done Beast (a couple years at least) but I don't remember NSD landing or affecting him. The pinks yes, but not Beast.

What i know about beast is that nt reflect piercing nuke dosent work on him ( they dont dd) and trader drains dont land. The agent tank seems viable imo
    You can't say civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Now, I'll admit it's been a really long time since I've done Beast (a couple years at least) but I don't remember NSD landing or affecting him. The pinks yes, but not Beast.
    NSD works on Pinks and Blues, not on Beast. Nano division works on Beast thought its a mob, not a NT.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    ...Nano division works on Beast thought its a mob, not a NT.
    Just like Restrain Enthusiasm works on Hissis which are mobs, too, and not Enfs. If I had to guess I'd reckon that every mob needs to have a class if they should have some cool special actions.
    Now if only it actually had an effect on them....
    Last edited by sannz; Jan 17th, 2013 at 09:01:24.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Wondering if maybe one Nemesis-Nano works on Beast. Maybe he hiddenly is a fixer. A fat fixer. Maybe we´ll never know.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

iirc restrain enthusiasm works on Ian Warr.

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    Just like Restrain Enthusiasm works on Hissis which are mobs, too, and not Enfs. If I had to guess I'd reckon that every mob needs to have a class if they should have some cool special actions.
    Now if only it actually had an effect on them....
    ..and Borrow Reflect worked on blues last I tried.. (which, admittedly, was before the borrow reflect nerf).
    Hlep gnak!

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    NSD works on Pinks and Blues, not on Beast. Nano division works on Beast thought its a mob, not a NT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumonde View Post
    Wondering if maybe one Nemesis-Nano works on Beast. Maybe he hiddenly is a fixer. A fat fixer. Maybe we´ll never know.
    Nano Division is the MP nem nano. Beast is an NT.

Jack the Legchopper is an Enf.

All I can think of.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Can Slowdown be landed on MA mobs in RK missions ?

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

I landed Borrow Reflects on Beast. No effect on the fat one, but I got the beneficial buff.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

But Borrow Reflects only drains 20% reflects from the target, and Beast has 300% reflects with the shield up, so you wouldn't notice a difference.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    But Borrow Reflects only drains 20% reflects from the target, and Beast has 300% reflects with the shield up, so you wouldn't notice a difference.
    Maybe LE nukes+BR+neutrion/hellspinner proc? I know its a lot though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Can Slowdown be landed on MA mobs in RK missions ?
    Yes, any martial artist mobs on RK. Mercenaries too (Ris & Peter Lee)

5 man beast team.

Agent
    Engi
    Keeper
    Trader
    Advy.

Agent fpa enforcer to cast sl essence, then goes fp doctor and uses CH to both heal himself and hold aggro. Engi provides reflects and damage. Keeper provides ward, and auras and clutch healing with perks and auras. Trader debuffs mobs and add control via mezz. Also support healing and nano pool management. Advy provides support healing and all the professions can off-tank with cocoon except trader who has mezzes for self defense.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast