Thread: Now that Joel is here...bank expansions?

Now that Joel is here...bank expansions?

I know in TSW you can buy extra space for your inventory...is there any chance we'll be getting the ability to expand the size of our bank in AO?

Some of us don't like needing an extra froob account just for storage space.

Current individual inventory/backpack/bank capacity in AO far exceeds virtually any other MMO today, most by a huge margin, so I doubt there is much market for an item shop feature to simply add slots to your character inventory or bank.

All they really need is an org bank from the get-go, with like 150 slots, each able to hold a 150-slot individual bank/storeagevault/whatever, with access and naming controols. Org banks are an MMO staple that AO doesn't yet have and, done right, should relieve much of the stress currently put on regular banks and mules.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

I'd be happy if backpacks were altered to hold 42 items, or even if there was special social backpacks that held say 50 social only items, I don't know about anyone else, but I've played for a long time and have a LOT of social stuff from birthdays or special events or just social clothing in general taking up a reasonable % of my characters banks.
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Current individual inventory/backpack/bank capacity in AO far exceeds virtually any other MMO today, most by a huge margin, so I doubt there is much market for an item shop feature to simply add slots to your character inventory or bank.

All they really need is an org bank from the get-go, with like 150 slots, each able to hold a 150-slot individual bank/storeagevault/whatever, with access and naming controols. Org banks are an MMO staple that AO doesn't yet have and, done right, should relieve much of the stress currently put on regular banks and mules.
    I bet that adding an org bank would also end at least 50% of the instances of people sharing accounts.
    It would also satisfy the gripe people have about not having an org-only shop like they used to.
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

The inventory system need an overhaul altogether. I do not want to rely on third party programs to find a nano programming interface in my bank.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Allow banks to hold like 5000 items! That would solve me having to have 8 or so bank chars just to hold all my hoarded crap. Arul gem bank, Alb farmed items bank, Misc tradeskill items bank, PB pattern bank, Symb bank, AI items bank, Twinking gear bank, All purpose equip bank, AI clump bank, Towers items bank...

I beg to differ with Means comment a while back where he said there was already far too much inventory space and players were losing track of all their items...
    Rosss / Rawdeal

My AO YouTube vids

The Red Brotherhood My home and family!

Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    I beg to differ with Means comment a while back where he said there was already far too much inventory space and players were losing track of all their items...
    I'm supprised that Means said that...
    Frankly, if people didn't horde all this crap, most of those that need that crap would never see it turn up! It wouldn't end up being sold to other players, credits wouldn't circulate, people would give up searching for simple items that make the difference, people would end up quitting...
    >>> AO-Universe <<<

Every holiday event, or event has 5-20 things every event. One thing I did like about Tabula Rasa is it had a tradeskill piece inventory window, and a different inventory like tools or something.

How about a bank system w/ 2 links, one for tradeskill or social/event armors, and another for the junk formerly known as the blob.

While moving this to a link system, would allow them to add an interface so you could 1. blob, 2. social stuff, 3. search

In Search, you do a keyword search (like the old gms), and click on the item and it shows you where it is in your bank. (I would love the ability to open packs within the bank. would save a ton of time looking for stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    I'm supprised that Means said that...
    Frankly, if people didn't horde all this crap, most of those that need that crap would never see it turn up! It wouldn't end up being sold to other players, credits wouldn't circulate, people would give up searching for simple items that make the difference, people would end up quitting...
    The more I read about means, see vids he was in, learn about the guy, the sadder I am he left AO.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarsolace View Post
    Every holiday event, or event has 5-20 things every event. One thing I did like about Tabula Rasa is it had a tradeskill piece inventory window, and a different inventory like tools or something.

How about a bank system w/ 2 links, one for tradeskill or social/event armors, and another for the junk formerly known as the blob.

While moving this to a link system, would allow them to add an interface so you could 1. blob, 2. social stuff, 3. search

In Search, you do a keyword search (like the old gms), and click on the item and it shows you where it is in your bank. (I would love the ability to open packs within the bank. would save a ton of time looking for stuff)
    An inbuilt search function would be a dream!!!
    And the ability to open packs that are still in the bank would be too (I'd even settle for not being able to move items out of the bag without first moving it to my inventory, just the ability to look in the bags would be good!)
    >>> AO-Universe <<<