Thread: Froob-friendly itemstore ideas

Lightbulb Froob-friendly itemstore ideas

Let me start by acknowledging that FC is scared to make life easy for froobs because they think people won't upgrade. However, there are many, many people who will simply never upgrade, or have froob accounts on the side for purposes of buffing, playing when broke, etc. I would pay for certain advantages enjoyed by subbed accounts. As long as the price of such advantages adds up to more than a subscription price, it wouldn't prevent anyone from upgrading - upgrading would then be a cost-efficient way of getting all of this at once. Think of this as a way of getting some cash out of people who are otherwise giving you none. Also consider that when the engine comes out and when AO is launched on Steam/Origin, you will have a lot of players brand new to the game who are used to the freemium model.

Here's some ideas of mine:
    - Ability to visit SL, without being able to use the buffs or equipment - this would even help froobs trying to decide whether to upgrade, if they can simply see more of the game - maybe even a separate charge per zone
    - Being able to receive SL buffs without being able to cast them
    - Being able to cast SL buffs (a separate charge)
    - Access to GMI, please please please, this benefits everyone, not just the free players, and the GMI is no longer tied in any meaningful way to AI
    - One time use (like the buffcans) of the tradeskill machine in the HQ
    - Ability to drop cloak
    - Use of one or more perklines, maybe just the general ones? Too far?

I'm sure others can think of more. As long as these were priced appropriately, I'm sure you'd get more than enough takers to justify the effort it takes to generate some of these.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

I agree with you on three points.

The ability to pay a small visit to shadowlands, perhaps a sort of 'observation cube' that you get teleportet into, so you can have a great view over the landscape and such, but at all times stay in this 'cube' without being able to actually move inside the SL. ('See but not touch' kind of scenario.)

Acess to GMI, this would benefit us all, because there are simply not that many paid people out there who farms froob stuff such as buffing weapons. The market would expand significally and the supply would be more 'juicy'.

Drop the cloak in the ai city, sure let them do that. I have no issues with this, as long as they do not receive any AXP or being able to enter the ship.
    Perhaps they could implement a quest where the character 'learns' how to disable the shield, and after that - have the ability to drop cloak.

BUT! I do not think froob should even have to buy this in the itemstore, they should be able to do this freely - without any payments.

However; all your other points is simply too much, FC would seem greedy and evil if they allowed froobs to buy this - as it would create a significant overpower - underpower in comparison to those froobs who haven't bought these from itemstore.
    If they wish to have these benefits - they simply have to buy the actual expansions.

This is my opinion, good bai

Should let froobs be able to sell on GMI, but not buying

Other than that i think they have it pretty damn awesome already.. Do people remember pre-SL? hard times!

As a Froob I paid roughly £5 to get fulkl use of the mail system on my account. I'd do the same (maybe a bit more, say £8 or £10?) for GMI access. It would save me standing about posting on the trade channels that no one ever seems to respond on only to wind up giving good stuff up as shop food. As to the rest... I don't know. But micro-payments for non game changing things (i.e. buying and selling) seems reasonable.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Sure. I'd like to one time purchase most of the ingame content, so i don't need to pay every month, but will have a "life time account" instead. good idea!

There are a lot of players who are unwilling to pay a monthly subscription these days with all the free to play games out there.

More item shop items and access items for froobs could help bring in more revenue.

I might not pay $15 dollars one month but I might turn around and spend $50 the following month. That free month just kept me interested until the following month when I was ready to sink some cash.

I think something similar to LoTRO would work.... you can still generate revenue from froobs that way.

Froob revenue, great idea!

SL access up to scheol, 10dolla,
    GMI, 10dolla,
    full expansions for one month 15 dolla.

Many utility things should be for sale.

SL access should be given to froobs anyhow, without SL they can survive up to parts of adonis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch