Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Specials + Stuns

Specials + Stuns

Hot swaps + special + stuns are ruining pvp

isn't it not more fun to fight over a few mins then less then 5 seconds in some cases

in all pvp atm every 1 who is serious about it are stacking as much special (capped HP) dmg + stuns (stop healing or getting off def nano's // perks) to kill ur target in as less time as possible

The only duel req i get these days on my doc are profs with init debuffs or have stuns on demand and plenty of specials ( fixers,crats,enfo's,soldiers )

Put up some idea's to how it could be changed in fav of balanced pvp instead of 5 seconds wins
    220 Sheilded MP And Proud

You are right on the stuns problem.

Enfs seem to have about 5 seperate stuns they can use whenever.

Fixers and soldiers have them, agents, and anyone with MR can get a % chance stun.

Really has become a big problem at tl7. As is fears.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

sure, lets make docs invincible

well, the other problem is that crappy PVPer's will only duel profs they think they can beat.

The good PVPer's dont' farm duel score, they practice against the profs they can't beat to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Senzatzii View Post
    sure, lets make docs invincible

There's more to pvp than just enfs stunning docs.

Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    your an idiot

Nerf all healing into the ground and you may nerf stuns as well.

But why?

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    There's more to pvp than just enfs stunning docs.
    ... And only 5-6 Stuns wont kill any decent Doc in a duel.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

Without stuns, some professions would be literally unkillable. I play a shade, and trust me you don't want to know how many people have survived my alpha when I didn't have stun perk. Engis, advies, crats, and basically ANY player with active defenses will not die if they can't be stunned.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

You play a doc, if you couldn't be alpha'd, how would you die?

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

That's the beauty of it ))
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Fontane View Post
    Without stuns, some professions would be literally unkillable. I play a shade, and trust me you don't want to know how many people have survived my alpha when I didn't have stun perk. Engis, advies, crats, and basically ANY player with active defenses will not die if they can't be stunned.
    There's more to a Shade than the Alpha. For Fixers/Crats, sure, MR gank.
    for Engineer, you gotta pop the defensive and wittle wittle wittle. Not just "STUN STUN PERKS RUN"
    I use the Damage/DoT ones more, especially for cocoon classes. The -only- class where it's come in handy more than anything else is Agent, because they don't hold still.

You should use the Damage/DoT ones for profs with low HP. For enforcers, for example, I found best to use the stun proc. Ever beat someone with a full stun lock? It's fun! For docs you either use stun proc or nano drain, for agents stun ofc, for engis either DD or stun, for advs nano drain or DD, for crats DD or stun, for other shades nano drain...and you see, almost every prof requires a stun in order to be killed. And then think about the people who really know the game inside-out, who make magnificent toons and become pvp legends. What would those people become if the only thing in-game that can possibly kill them (high DD+stun alpha) is gone?
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

You aren't convincing me to support stuns.

To be honest the only thing I want it the ability to Q perks while stunned.
    Not execute just Q.

I'm so laggy that I try to pop coon and it all looks good and then I warp back 10m stunned and after it runs out I can't get it off.

It won't affect the power of stuns or killing docs but would make it more bearable day to day.

your an idiot

Killing doc's is easy, perhaps work on ur timing instead of relying heavaly on stuns and hot swaps, also in open pvp have u every really herd of say a doc alphaing an evade prof or maybe ganking an enfo???????
    my doc is purely setup for Healing % and tanking (if needed). i'm working on putting in alpha's atm (no i'm not an idiot and yes i know its easy for a doc but i just don't have them all yet) so without using AI armor (cause it way to expensive) my AR is low and no AS or pistol support.

In open pvp say a doc gets the better of you without root graphs you just run away from the doc, doc's have no stuns unless u perks FS (Freak strength) also with my current nano init (2.7K for now) its impossible to heal efficantly in full DEF as u don't get insta cast on heals and any form of init debuff and ur back down to a 4s cast time

So thanks for pointing out ur veiw of doc's would be unkillable but unless u can fully support ur claim then may i suggest u actually work on ur toon rather then just expecting to drop a doc in 3 seconds using stuns

I see no one posting about hot swaps???? do u all agree there needed or something???

a decent soldier ( AR setup not SMG ) can let of all there perks burst FA and hot swap AS and down a doc easy

also for any doc's out there i've noticed if u manage to heal intime but i mean litrally a split second before a soldier AS's u sometimes u loose they duel or are killed even tho u did heal first i've experimented this serveral times

Quote Originally Posted by zoneik View Post
    Killing doc's is easy, perhaps work on ur timing instead of relying heavaly on stuns and hot swaps, also in open pvp have u every really herd of say a doc alphaing an evade prof or maybe ganking an enfo???????
    my doc is purely setup for Healing % and tanking (if needed). i'm working on putting in alpha's atm (no i'm not an idiot and yes i know its easy for a doc but i just don't have them all yet) so without using AI armor (cause it way to expensive) my AR is low and no AS or pistol support.

In open pvp say a doc gets the better of you without root graphs you just run away from the doc, doc's have no stuns unless u perks FS (Freak strength) also with my current nano init (2.7K for now) its impossible to heal efficantly in full DEF as u don't get insta cast on heals and any form of init debuff and ur back down to a 4s cast time

So thanks for pointing out ur veiw of doc's would be unkillable but unless u can fully support ur claim then may i suggest u actually work on ur toon rather then just expecting to drop a doc in 3 seconds using stuns
    try to play around with a heal lower for instacast, and stop whining.

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    You aren't convincing me to support stuns.

To be honest the only thing I want it the ability to Q perks while stunned.
    Not execute just Q.

I'm so laggy that I try to pop coon and it all looks good and then I warp back 10m stunned and after it runs out I can't get it off.

It won't affect the power of stuns or killing docs but would make it more bearable day to day.
    get a better internet connection and or PC in that case.

Engis and docs whining ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    get a better internet connection and or PC in that case.

Engis and docs whining ...
    my internet is perfectly fine ur just 1 of the naabs in game that need hotswaps and stuns to kill any 1

using my doc as an example was mearly to let ppl see my point of view on the situation

4.4 ghz i5, SLi 460s and a brand new Samsung 840 SSD.

Net is not upgradable and a small mechanic change is not too much to ask.

your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    try to play around with a heal lower for instacast, and stop whining.
    ok i use a low heal i then gimp the ammount i can heal back per min also most ppl get there stuns off on u when ur below 40% HP meaning 2 capped specials and ur dead since the 30%x2 is 60% work that 1 out no matter what heal i had planned on using i'm dead

Hmmm just been thinking i currently have more HP then a single heal can actually heal me for (using BI with about 140% heal efficancy atm) if i use a lower heal u wouldn't need stuns as 2x 30% HP's + perks (without stuns) i wouldn't be able to heal fast enought

before u mentions CH or ICH 1 is useless because of cooldown and the other is a 20s lockout not very usefull in fast paced pvp, and i'm not going low HP just so i can make up for my lack of healing because this clever guy decide i should use a lower nano

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast