Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Specials + Stuns

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonde View Post
    Just be a little bit creative Funcom.
    Last time FC got creative they made the lol-pistol, LE nukes, zset and....need I go on?
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Fontane View Post
    Last time FC got creative they made the lol-pistol, LE nukes, zset and....need I go on?
    That was not creativity. How do we make pistols nice? Add aimed shot. How do we make nukes nice? Have them ignore defenses or hit several times at once...oh well lets just make em do both. How do we make MPs better so they stop complaining? Lets just make it so they are almost impossible to kill but can't actually kill anything either, that's balanced.

Creativity is:

A massive damage nuke requiring a DoT to be active on the target that also scales with damage depending on the quality of the DoT, given an individual lock-out to prevent locking out the caster's entire toolset. The DoT can be removed making it a tool to be used swiftly and also a tool which can be countered by observent and quick-thinking players.

Although that second part was surely accidental and not something they considered.

Quote Originally Posted by n3oheals View Post
    I agree with Dumonde here. I can survive most alphas on my doc but it requires some mindless slamming of your heal button after you free movement one stun.
    Fixed.

PS, as a doctor, under no circumstances could you survive a strong martial artist with red dusk unless you blow (Usually nearly all) battlegroup heals, and free movement the correct stun, and use normal complete heal, thank you to how nano inits work.

And the one strongest enforcer [against doctors] in the game will kill you 80% of the time, thank you to how brawl mechanics work.

and some soldiers could kill you from roll mechanics alone, regardless of how skilled you are as a doctor.

Both of those are without fear, and both of those are the case as of the most recent patches, most significantly the +dmg to nano and perks patch.

and the worst problem is that the gap between a {poor} doctor and the most calculating, skilled doctor is very low as most duels against doctors have been watered down to setup rather than being intelligent. Current heal and game mechanics only enforce this harder. Some of the worst players could get kills on you with the same, mindless playing because of their profession or setup benefit, while many professions and setups lack anything needed to kill the brainless doctor who does nothing but slam pistol perks and malpractice the first target they get.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 27th, 2013 at 02:00:05.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    Fixed.

PS, as a doctor, under no circumstances could you survive a strong martial artist with red dusk unless you blow (Usually nearly all) battlegroup heals, and free movement the correct stun, and use normal complete heal, thank you to how nano inits work.

And the one strongest enforcer [against doctors] in the game will kill you 80% of the time, thank you to how brawl mechanics work.

and some soldiers could kill you from roll mechanics alone, regardless of how skilled you are as a doctor.

Both of those are without fear, and both of those are the case as of the most recent patches, most significantly the +dmg to nano and perks patch.

and the worst problem is that the gap between a {poor} doctor and the most calculating, skilled doctor is very low as most duels against doctors have been watered down to setup rather than being intelligent. Current heal and game mechanics only enforce this harder. Some of the worst players could get kills on you with the same, mindless playing because of their profession or setup benefit, while many professions and setups lack anything needed to kill the brainless doctor who does nothing but slam pistol perks and malpractice the first target they get.
    I partially disagree here.

1.) Against Soldiers, its 70% a matter of timing and 30% luck (if the energise stun stuns or not). Most of the duels vs any sold wasnt a loose.

2.) vs. MA is a thing, yes. But since a decent MA needs to fire up everything, why is it mentionable that a doc needs to fire up everything too ? Anyway, after surviving the 1st alpha, the MA is dead. And yes, they are survivable - red dusk and inca. wont interupt any cast by 100%. The thing is the beginning of each fight - UBT or not

3.) 80% ratio for enforcer ? Absolutely not. If they are not using FS embedded in their alpha, even a brawl stun wont change anything. Over time, the enforcer dies. Mostly. I dont say that enforcer are food - I just say that the situation is not as bad as you want to announce it.

/tell solodoclife
    /tell skysun
    or me

PS:

A bad doc is and will be a bad and killable doc. Only a setup or the ability to press MALP, AS and BI wont help much. I must admit that this looks a bit different in mass pvp. I failed there with my sold in alphas for gimpy docs - a little stun from another player or not having all necessary perks up can make the difference. And in my personal opinion, pvm docs are a lot harder to kill then specific docs like me, based on AS and killing others. They mostly got an overwhelming ammount of hp and nanoskills, they survive much more longer. Cant kill anything solo, but wont go dont either. So, talking about "bad" and "good" docs need to setup up the point of view. And for some very very strange reasons, the most gimped and lowest docs, land their offensive things the most. Countering UBT and MALP from a 220ish pvp doc almost everytime - then, there comes a green (or orange, whatever) doc with DB armor. UBT, 1st try. MALP, everytime. Same as agents. Thats a mystery I never will understand.

A doc with 33k+ HP is almost non-alpha-able. It has always been one of the best defenses from us docs to simply rely on max hp - there are max hp docs with almost can survive an enforcers alpha without 1 FM. Almost. They cant even dent the enforcer ofc, but wont die. After several minutes and recognising that MALP is not useful vs. rage(proc) enforcer, its /duel draw or the doc begins to let his attention fade... Duels vs. enforcer can be stupidly boring. And long.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 27th, 2013 at 02:00:52.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

I like how ever 1 is quick to jump on my doc without knowlage of setup or equipment // also since u wanna all complain about doc's and how heals are over powered and stuns are in effective with FM stims and MoTr, i'm in HP/Heal Efficancy setup with 27K HP (with BI, still working on more) BI heals me for 17Kish roughly i never let my guard down i never let my HP ever fall below 80-90% if i can help it/ i have no real offencive dmg/ all heal perks / but ur telling me that an SMG soldier who can easily cap 60%+ dmg on me using AS/FA then there is all there perks, i'm sorry but i've fought some ov the best soldiers and some of the worst yea timing helps but at the end of the day i've had some alpha's that hurt so much that even though when they started there alpha i used ICH to fill my HP completely they were still able to insta kill me so u work that 1 out

24/28K x2 = 48-56K dmg

also been experimenting with doc vs sold, soldier went for alpha i healed intime before his FA went off and i lost tried it a few times before reporting this bug so watch out for it
    220 Sheilded MP And Proud

Healing for 17k is too much, alphaing for 35k+ damage is too much, FM stims take too long to use, stuns last too long, players should not be able to endless chain heal massive DPM, healers should be able to do decent damage in-between healing.

Think that sums up most of it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123