Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Specials + Stuns

Moaning about being killed when you're in a less than perfect setup. Welcome to the world of pvp....this thread needs to be renamed "Teach me how to play" and be beacon warped to the doc forum.

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

Quote Originally Posted by zoneik View Post
    ok i use a low heal i then gimp the ammount i can heal back per min also most ppl get there stuns off on u when ur below 40% HP meaning 2 capped specials and ur dead since the 30%x2 is 60% work that 1 out no matter what heal i had planned on using i'm dead

Hmmm just been thinking i currently have more HP then a single heal can actually heal me for (using BI with about 140% heal efficancy atm) if i use a lower heal u wouldn't need stuns as 2x 30% HP's + perks (without stuns) i wouldn't be able to heal fast enought

before u mentions CH or ICH 1 is useless because of cooldown and the other is a 20s lockout not very usefull in fast paced pvp, and i'm not going low HP just so i can make up for my lack of healing because this clever guy decide i should use a lower nano
    Oh my, you expect every heal to heal your entire hp in one go ? you are aware of perks etc too, as a tip, i'll say to you that there is no such thing as overhealing. Keep yourself topped off instead of trying to spam malp until you drop below a vital point, that's how doc's do it. YOu can also move your agg/def slider in combat and see instant effect. A functioning W key is also vital

Now to what's really broken, doc procs not breaking on attack and Fears not breaking on attack.
    Last edited by Pennypacker; Mar 7th, 2013 at 08:38:36.

Fears existing*
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

before u mentions CH or ICH 1 is useless because of cooldown and the other is a 20s lockout not very usefull in fast paced pvp, and i'm not going low HP just so i can make up for my lack of healing because this clever guy decide i should use a lower nano
    20 second lockout on iCH is still faster than everyone's alphas.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Full def + 216 heal + ubt + malp + AS

Is pvping on a doc considered difficult these days?
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Don't let stuns overwrite each other or just put a target cooldown or limit on CC, that way you can't perma-stun/root/snare/fear a target.

There, more or less solved, and if you can't kill a doc after that then don't duel them until FC balances their healing.

The only problem with the fears is the half-intentional exploit, where someone uses it on you in PvP and it never breaks, regardless of 100% chance on break. Which happens with other nanos enough that I shouldn't need to mention it, but for some reason people on this forum think engineer blinds are useless in PvP.

Everything else, regardless, stuns and specials are necessary 90% of the time. Get a Might of the Revenant and some 175 free movements and be quiet.
    Last edited by wonderland; Mar 8th, 2013 at 10:58:12.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    The only problem with the fears is the half-intentional exploit, where someone uses it on you in PvP and it never breaks, regardless of 100% chance on break.
    The currently "best crat on rk2" does that sploit everytime his fear is up
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Yeah I wonder how that fear works, considering 5 people will be beating down on my soldier yet the fear keeps going...and going...and going...and when it finally ends I'm at 1 bubble of health from full health.

Some nanos just don't break like they should all the time. The effing calms crats throw on every mob in an inf mish is another example of it >_> If you hit them just one time and wait a second, the calms always break. But who is going to be so careful to shoot you just once while you're feared, when they're trying to kill you.

so doctors that don't use MOTR and free movement stims die to stuns? who'd have thought...

Haha crazy. Convert stuns to nanorecharge, so it only stops healing but you canrun for dear life.

Remove AS, nerf heals so you cannot spam heals forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

oh my just noticed this gem

ok i use a low heal i then gimp the ammount i can heal back per min also most ppl get there stuns off on u when ur below 40% HP meaning 2 capped specials and ur dead since the 30%x2 is 60% work that 1 out no matter what heal i had planned on using i'm dead
    so have you tried casting your heal before you drop to 40% hp yet?

this is pretty basic stuff man

the thought process you should be having is "i seem to die instantly when i drop to below 40% hp. maybe i should stop dropping that low" not "i seem to die instantly when i drop below 40% hp. they should nerf stuns"

there's about a million and one things you can do to avoid dying as a doc. try doing those things before complaining about toolsets. watch how other docs pvp. most of the good ones survive just fine against multiple opponents. ask them how they do it next time you see them.
    Last edited by Lazy; Mar 11th, 2013 at 14:40:47.

stuns should not be nerfed becouse of docs...

Rather docs in general should be nerfed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    Haha crazy. Convert stuns to nanorecharge, so it only stops healing but you canrun for dear life.

Remove AS, nerf heals so you cannot spam heals forever.

The main issue with heals is that there's no real intelligence needed in using them, and they heal for garbage high amounts.

More variety of heals, and most heals (Including bodily invigoration) with at least .5s (At high nano inits) to 1.25s (At low nano inits) cast time on full agg on a fully set up 220 doctor would be nice, if overall alpha damage is very slightly lowered would be nice. This would also lower individual doctor healing, which is sort of necessary right now.

This would bring the welcome side effect, of causing doctors to be able to start their heal before they get alphad, and have it go off when they could really use it, through stuns, if they're playing smart.

Combine this with half the recharge time (and half the nanocost and heal effect, not including temporary health boost), and you have that doctors are able to distribute their healing better while playing smart to avoid getting alphad. If you do this, then make heals cast no longer than .25s to .45s.
    Last edited by wonderland; Mar 12th, 2013 at 03:36:40.

A decent doc can survive every alpha. Almost. The only exception are freak strength based alphas since they cant be influenced with free movements.

On the other hand, every profession is (theoretically) able to kill any doc.

It simply depends on the following (based on assuming final equipment for both):

- Docs timing
    - Oponents timing
    - (Proc)Luck

It is not true to say that only skill manage everything. For example:

- Doc vs doc. The most biggest point there, is are the procs + ubt. If all 3 landed and perks are ready, it looks pretty bad for the oponent. Or

- Doc vs. Trader. If the prof. ring proc isnt active in the most dangerous situation (GTH active, nanopool drained, stim not ready), you wont survive. If it procs, the trader will loose over time.

- Doc vs. Soldier depends only on timing. The ability of the soldier, timing all perks + stun(s) + specials in the right timeframe. And Docs ability of reacting extremly quick.

- Doc vs. Enforcer can be boring. And long. If the doc isnt aware of the quick alpha cycle and casting / perking too much offensive stuff, he could be ambushed. But as long as the enforcer wont use freak str stuns, 90% of the fights are absolutely doable, even with countless of stuns.

- Doc vs. Shade are depending on the proc the shade is using. Stunproc? Not a big deal. Perk stuns? No problem. Nanodrainproc & perks? Devastating. Alpha the shade before your nano has ran out

Please not that these are only my very personal experiences. Other players might have comletely other sights or meanings about this. Some things work for some players, for others not. What I want to say is, that stuns and specials are absolutely ok as they are. If you encounter several players, they will kill you almost anyway, with or without stuns or changed specials. There, the numbers are counting because: everything counts in large ammounts.

Greetings,
    Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

I agree with Dumonde here. I can survive most alphas on my doc but it requires some good timing etc.

The problem i think most are having is not that a fully equiped toon can't survive stuns/specials.
    The problem is that if a half equiped doc meets a completly gimped enf the enf will still win because of stuns.
    They do not ruin the true pvp, but they do ruin pvp for anyone that is not 100% pvp equiped.

So in conclusion using docs as an argument for these fears and stuns existing is flawed.

Thanks for your experience guys.

Now the only question is what to change fears and stuns to balance them out.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    So in conclusion using docs as an argument for these fears and stuns existing is flawed.

Thanks for your experience guys.

Now the only question is what to change fears and stuns to balance them out.
    First thing to fix particulary fears, is to fix so that stuff actually break on attack.

- Well, work with global cooldowns here Funcom. Either stunning OR fearing. But not both in a line.

I forgot to mention that my experiences are based on duels. If I encounter the same enforcer / MA on for example the BS, they can use the fear additionally. And that turns, well timed, most encounters into a pretty death.

- I stated this solution somewhere else before, but in Aion, every (!) profession/class got a special ability to immediately remove the stun and use a massive counter attack. In fact it removes every move / action restriction. These counter attacks can be different actions, a counter stun or knockback or maybe a decent absorb shield, and and and and. Just be a little bit creative Funcom.
    Last edited by Dumonde; Mar 13th, 2013 at 13:44:00.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast