Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: XP from TestLive

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Overall, I am very curious to see how the community takes to these changes. ToTW is a dungeon that I put a *little* more effort into. Specifically, several mobs have been given patrol paths, so things seem a little less static...and more relevant to the above quote, many mobs (particularly those involved with the Elite Daily Mission) have been given shorter respawn timers.

As much as I agree, these changes are exclusive to dungeons like ToTW/Subway/Alb/etc.
    These changes sound good. If you were to able to apply these to RK missions I might actually play again.
    stuff

Quote Originally Posted by WizMeister3000 View Post
    keep telling urself that
    Im telling you.
    Noobs are probably the people who work hardest to equip their toons as they level. The fact that most of them fare so poorly is a tribute to how broken the gameplay in AO is.

And if you think that vets are all dedicated twinkers that keep their toons superbly equipped as they level you need to buy yourself a clue or even a backpack full of them.

Vets know what they need to do to the last detail; noobs need a helping hand as they have simply insane willpower :3

Vets know what they need to do to the last detail; noobs need a helping hand as they have simply insane willpower :3

Why the added XP from pande mobs? Unless we suddenly get xp when in RI no one is ever going to notice this.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Why the added XP from pande mobs? Unless we suddenly get xp when in RI no one is ever going to notice this.
    make as team and farm real pande mobs

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    make as team and farm real pande mobs
    OMG! Yes! This will be the next kite hill!! I'll be rich!
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Quote Originally Posted by Byste View Post
    I'm 99% sure this is actually wrong -- the one-way exit from the Smugglers' Den does lead to a similar location in Borealis, but it's not the same door - the exit is actually across the way, near the Tower Shop sort of.
    I assumed it was the same room, which is bad, I should have double checked. I still believe the one I am thinking of is the correct one but it may not be.

Quote Originally Posted by Byste View Post
    As heartened as I am to hear about these changes, I would like to point out that totw isn't really better XP than Nasc hecklers. Sure, the xp from exarches is nearly comparable, and they're far easier to kill, but there's only, what, 5 exarches total in ToTW on like 15min spawn timers? This is definitely a step in the right direction but unless I'm mistaken, hecklers are still far and away better XP.
    You are looking at the wrong mob to compare XP, especially considering the exarch is 56 and the heckler is 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    From 75 MP kill:

Level 80 Nasc Heckler = 8715

Foremans
    Level 70 Alpha bio construct, Test server = 11490

Cyborg barracks in Tir
    Level 72 Cyborg inside = 12505
    The reason I killed the exarch with my 60 soldier is simply because I knew it would be in level range and I could easily test the difference from live server and test server XP gains. The characters who are leveling in TOTW should be approximately 25 to 35, maybe higher if they are leveling at the legionnaires but that spot is not supportive of multiple teams. What you should be looking at for the purposes of leveling at ranges appropriate for nascense hecklers are these examples I quoted above.

There are more mobs from the alpha bio constructs on the path to the beta bio constructs for killing than there are in any heckler location. In addition, the respawn times of hecklers are 10 minutes while I think these mobs respawn sooner (needs verification of course). These mobs are also much easier to kill than hecklers, and even have the possiblity of dropping valuable loot such as Grid Armor Disks and NS I disks.

The cyborgs are also a reasonable place to level and the mobs are plentiful.

Honestly, if you have a character or team capable of killing nascense hecklers you should be capable of killing the level 90ish mantis's in smuggler's den as well. I could not test their XP but I would imagine it to be a considerable amount.

WTB alappaa kite paying 10m/clear

How about pe demons? Do they get a bump? War academy too I hope!

Can this change please be applied to all indoor monsters? Including RK missions. Now that token guns/packs are available, only blitzers do them and even then, it's for items; not xp.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    Can this change please be applied to all indoor monsters? Including RK missions. Now that token guns/packs are available, only blitzers do them and even then, it's for items; not xp.
    I'd imagine that is a much more difficult task, also those indoor monsters are outdoor monsters as well. What you end up doing is just turning all of RK into a massive kite hill.

Boosting XP from dungeons is a good change and boosting mission solo/team XP rewards would also be a good change. Unless something like putting a cap on the number of mobs which can take an AOE hit from nanos is implemented, boosting outdoor RK xp is not really a good idea.

There was a time when out door was the best (and only) xp around. The same holds true with SL.

I think down the road some outdoor rk mobs and rk mish rewards/mobs should yield better XP. Not necessarily the best xp, but comparable xp to other sources.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    There was a time when out door was the best (and only) xp around. The same holds true with SL.

I think down the road some outdoor rk mobs and rk mish rewards/mobs should yield better XP. Not necessarily the best xp, but comparable xp to other sources.
    I agree, its alot of beautiful scenery on RK. Would be nice if it was worth it XP-wise to explore it.
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

Quote Originally Posted by Iaitoo View Post
    I agree, its alot of beautiful scenery on RK. Would be nice if it was worth it XP-wise to explore it.
    Yes, that would be nice. I've been hunting croakers at 2m and I like that whole killing outdoors. Maybe I could level faster somewhere else at level 30 but it's nice.

Or: Just have an in-zone xp buff which only works inside the mission for 100% moar xp :3

Quote Originally Posted by Iaitoo View Post
    No reason why this can't be made so; the devs have done the same with the mobs that wander the dungeons.

As a former Captain of the USS Enterprise once said: " Make it so ".
    Rubi-Ka is an ideal Planet for colonisation, but its Notum will make it dangerous if it falls into the wrong hands. I fear for it. Unknown 28703AD

Making outdoor mobs give more xp and mission/dungeon mobs give better loot could be a way to create variety ingame. And allow for people with different objectives to play the way they prefer. Outdoor mobs with worst loot and a bit more xp for people interested in leveling fast and indoor mobs with less xp but better loot for those wanting to progress slower but better equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    Making outdoor mobs give more xp and mission/dungeon mobs give better loot could be a way to create variety ingame. And allow for people with different objectives to play the way they prefer. Outdoor mobs with worst loot and a bit more xp for people interested in leveling fast and indoor mobs with less xp but better loot for those wanting to progress slower but better equipped.
    Perfect solution.

I give to you +2 internetz.
    Rubi-Ka is an ideal Planet for colonisation, but its Notum will make it dangerous if it falls into the wrong hands. I fear for it. Unknown 28703AD

..are they nerfing the insane hp on dungeon mobs? Like the borgs with their over-the-top health.
    Mantises with 12k hp at lvl 100 is a bit harsh imo.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast